Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2955.jpeg

Just received a moment ago.

Bummer. Seems like you and I won't get it.
I don’t really think it’s a big deal personally. Ambient lighting can look cheesy and cheap, especially how I’ve seen Tesla do it.

Front bumper could be a need, but I don’t know enough yet and hear the vision parking system has drastically improved.

My hope would be retro fit is possible on both.

I don’t really think it’s a big deal personally. Ambient lighting can look cheesy and cheap, especially how I’ve seen Tesla do it.

Front bumper could be a need, but I don’t know enough yet and hear the vision parking system has drastically improved.

I plan on being very quick to reject delivery if there are any defects on my car.

I was skeptical but the most recent tests I’ve seen with the updated vision park assist have been pretty good in most parking situations. It’s still not quite at parity with USS in terms of precise distance control but it’s better than USS at detecting curbs (both head on and side). It still has some issues with object permanence (false positives). For example, if you put a garbage can in the way, it will detect it. But then if you remove it (without the car being able to “see” it being removed) and then try again, it sometimes falsely “remembers” that object. That said, it seems to err on the side of caution most of the time, both with this scenario and with distance.

The upside is that this is now the new “floor” of detection quality using vision. So hopefully it will only get better. It’s certainly night and day better versus the initial release.

I think that with Cybertruck, park assist without a bumper cam would never have been feasible due to the height of the vehicle and the aggressively flat angle of the windshield. With the S3XY cars, good quality park assist with vision is probably feasible in most use cases. I’ve been a huge skeptic but it seems they are getting pretty close.

I dislike both. The yoke is rubbish for all the usual reasons, but I can’t switch to a wheel because it cuts off so much of the visible dash for me and many others - especially taller drivers. Annoying.

I can see the entire screen through the top half of the wheel. Nothing is obscured. Was worried too at first until I sat in one but now that I'm driving it with everything adjusted to normal for me, hasn't been an issue.

• Informative
Reactions: TBrownTX