Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought that was resolved? Bad info??
SA...Seldom Accurate. Keep that in mind.

But the new delay, if it exists, could be something to do with the new features being delayed by supply chain or other issues.

There are no bonus points for being an early member of the $250 club.

Wait until someone has a defect free delivery, making sure that the RGB and cameras do not require extra RAM to work, and then place a new order.

Today, I got pretty bummed out... I was all set to pick up my MSLR on the 8th, but then the manager tells me they've put a hold on handing out the LRs because of some issue with the Moroney sticker. I also asked about the Plaid models, and they said there's no delay with those deliveries.

That's because there's no way it's only a 3 mile reduction over the previous EPA estimate. :p

Reactions: terranx
How do people order two months later than me and have a VIN and I still wait? Happy for you, but I just don’t understand….
You can take some solace in knowing you are not alone with that thought. There are a couple of non inventory MSLR at the Twin Cities that don't appear to have a home. But maybe they do but why they seem to be just sitting is anyone's guess? I've been told with an EDD so far out and no vin to now expect a new build from Freemont. Chicago only shows a couple new MSLR also but I expect there are some not showing in inventory also.

I picture a Roulette wheel as the distribution system for Model S..

Reactions: Rerstad
So over in the MYP delivery thread, folks posted screenshots from the app saying the hold was lifted at the same time it was announced here for the S. A few MYPs snuck out and were delivered, but now new screen shots from Tesla saying the MYP is still in EPA jail after all.

So it looks like Tesla jumped the gun. So the current delay is not necessarily due to any pending rumored changes.

Yes I've been checking every day so I was certainly confused how they started releasing MSLRs.
The public release doesn’t necessarily coincide with when it’s actually cleared. But given the news of potential delays, have to wonder if there was a miscommunication or something. Even Tesla wouldn’t want the liability of selling a car they legally aren’t allowed to I imagine.

I just got off the phone with Tesla (888-518-3752 / 51TESLA) and got no useful information other than that she said the EPA range issue was resolved on Feb 29 with the range being reduced from 405 to 402. I asked about front bumper camera - she had no information about that and had heard nothing about it.

I asked her to check all available inventory in Texas. No match even though tesla-info.com claims there is one matching my build "In transit". Maybe it's mine! Hey - I can HOPE! :D

Ordered Dec 1 and still no VIN... To those of you that had to wait a whole 2 WEEKS - ummm...

Today, I got pretty bummed out... I was all set to pick up my MSLR on the 8th, but then the manager tells me they've put a hold on handing out the LRs because of some issue with the Moroney sticker. I also asked about the Plaid models, and they said there's no delay with those deliveries.
I picked up my 2024 MSLR today. It's nice.