Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This case works on other wireless charging so I'm just stumped as to why this particular charging pad requires no case. I am using Amazon.com which is nothing special. It's quite thin on the backside.
Hard to say. Might be too much of a gap between phone and case, or the thickness of the case. Try an OEM silicone Apple case for a reference point. I've had no trouble charging the last few iPhones in my refresh Ss with those.

Reactions: ragweedd
Received a text from Tesla that I have 3 days to schedule delivery, otherwise they will release the VIN. Ordered 11/28/23 with 1 hold. EDD 3/8-3/14. Will they cancel my order if I don’t schedule or be assigned another VIN with hopefully the new updates?
I've read in this thread you get one hold. Then if you don't schedule, you'll get canceled. To me, if you don't need the car now and updates are worth the reservation fee ... let them cancel. We really don't know when the updates will come.

Reactions: rugar760
I've read in this thread you get one hold. Then if you don't schedule, you'll get canceled. To me, if you don't need the car now and updates are worth the reservation fee ... let them cancel. We really don't know when the updates will come.
Thanks. I don’t want to lose the White exterior discount and the 5000 supercharging miles promo if delivered this month. I am retired and drive about 3,500 miles per year. Lol.

Thanks. I don’t want to lose the White exterior discount and the 5000 supercharging miles promo if delivered this month. I am retired and drive about 3,500 miles per year. Lol.
If you don't drive much, the supercharging miles are kind of useless. I think they expire in 2 years. And best case they're only worth $500.

So if I have a 2018 Model S with FSD and want to buy a new Model S LR but ONLY if I get FSD transfer and LED strip/front bumper camera, how do I do it? Do I wait till someone confirms delivery of an updated car? Do I wait till Tesla website pictures show the LED strip? Or do I have to buy it before the end of the month and put down the $250 and fight them to get the free FSD transfer and updated model? I want to do this correctly. As last time I specifically asked if there were any updates coming, they said no, and I ended up with MCU1 and no vanity lights and a week later they were MCU2 and vanity light. I was so mad. If they can't guarantee me FSD and new updates if I order this month, I am done with Tesla and probably getting a Taycan, Audi, or Mercedes electric. I drive very few miles a year.

So if I have a 2018 Model S with FSD and want to buy a new Model S LR but ONLY if I get FSD transfer and LED strip/front bumper camera, how do I do it? Do I wait till someone confirms delivery of an updated car? Do I wait till Tesla website pictures show the LED strip? Or do I have to buy it before the end of the month and put down the $250 and fight them to get the free FSD transfer and updated model? I want to do this correctly. As last time I specifically asked if there were any updates coming, they said no, and I ended up with MCU1 and no vanity lights and a week later they were MCU2 and vanity light. I was so mad. If they can't guarantee me FSD and new updates if I order this month, I am done with Tesla and probably getting a Taycan, Audi, or Mercedes electric. I drive very few miles a year.
The timing and reality of the unverified rumored features are a crapshoot. You have some people claiming the new features are imminent and others (including Tesla employees) claiming the rumors are false. I have a college friend who works at Tesla (management level at HQ) who claims that NO changes are imminent. So who knows 🤷‍♂️

So the wireless phone charging actually works, but only if the naked phone is sitting on the pad. I have a fairly thin TPU case so I'm now wondering if there are any aftermarket products that can perhaps replace this to make it stronger because removing the case is not sustainable.
Yes, there are MagSafe cases (example1, example2), which have magnets to better align the phone and charger to optimally charge. I don't know if they do so with the charger pad in the Tesla. I also have a thin TPU case for my iPhone 12 Pro, but it charges in the Tesla without any problem.

The FSD and FUSC transfer is hard to come by and might be worth joining the 250 club to secure. I think it may become more common though as it is a great incentive for folks like me to level up. I don't believe the updates will happen without a price increase.

Reactions: nyucla and de Vere
The FSD and FUSC transfer is hard to come by and might be worth joining the 250 club to secure. I think it may become more common though as it is a great incentive for folks like me to level up. I don't believe the updates will happen without a price increase.
I’m also doubting “imminent” updates this far into the quarter. Given how important quarterly delivery #s have become to Tesla and TSLA stock, changes (even minor ones) are much more likely to happen at the beginning of each quarter rather than in the middle or latter part.