Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LMAO "Good chance of retrofitability"
Image 3-21-24 at 8.34 AM.jpg

So he means since his original claim. Not an announcement by Tesla.
If I have learned one thing from the time I have spent from order to delivery, it's that those kinds of rumors are almost always BS, and no reasonable person should consider them when making decisions about taking delivery on a car or not. You might as well ask the guy on the corner that talks to invisible people all day what he has heard about features\upgrades in the pipeline. You will get the same level of valid information.

I would be less worried about the wiring, and more worried about it requiring a different bumper cover. So not only really expensive, but a good chance of having paint matching issues.
How many Teslas really have matching bumper paint from the factory.

In any case, even if the OEM solution is a new bumper, it can't be that hard to design a mount that can be added on after the fact. But may require drilling a hole for wiring to pass through and such.

Isn’t this front camera going to be mainly for parking? Possibly improving the summon feature?

Other than just wanting the latest and greatest, I don’t understand why someone would try to retrofit it.

I’d be worried about taking stuff apart to retrofit and never getting it back together the same way.

Reactions: Yelobird
I would be less worried about the wiring, and more worried about it requiring a different bumper cover. So not only really expensive, but a good chance of having paint matching issues.

The bumpers aren't painted on the car. Plus tesla replaced my rear bumper on my MXP already painted from the factory and it was a perfect match as far as I can tell. The bigger issue is if you're replacing a bumper years from now with a factory painted bumper. Then it won't match due to paint fade....unless you were PPFed, then it will.....and also assuming their paint didn't change at all.

The issue with matching paint for different aged panels is different rates of paint fade which is why you blend to adjacent panels unless it's a brand new car and you are using literally the exact same paint...otherwise you still need to blend. Even then, the insurance industry doesn't pay for blending into adjacent panels when doing bumper repaints.

So a lot of ifs, but if it's new enough car, a factory painted bumper should match fine.

Tesla will do things in usual Tesla scam tactics. I bought a 2018 S because they rumors of MCU2 were "fake". A week later people got MCU2 cars and I had to pay $2500 to upgrade it. I can almost guarantee that on April 1st when the FSD and SC transfer time is over, they will announce the front bumper camera and LED lighting and take away the FSD and SC incentives. So then you just have to wait 1-3 months until they offer them again. Typical Tesla bullshit, but I'm in no rush so I don't care. I would NEVER buy another Tesla before a rumored or real update is known to be coming, you just get burned every time.

Tesla will do things in usual Tesla scam tactics. I bought a 2018 S because they rumors of MCU2 were "fake". A week later people got MCU2 cars and I had to pay $2500 to upgrade it. I can almost guarantee that on April 1st when the FSD and SC transfer time is over, they will announce the front bumper camera and LED lighting and take away the FSD and SC incentives. So then you just have to wait 1-3 months until they offer them again. Typical Tesla bullshit, but I'm in no rush so I don't care. I would NEVER buy another Tesla before a rumored or real update is known to be coming, you just get burned every time.
Yep, they couldn't care less about what customers think or if you missed out on a feature you really wanted, or that you lost out on a good incentive by a day or two. They literally optimize for any penny they can save or anything to help pump their quarterly and annual delivery estimates. That is all that they care about. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yep, they couldn't care less about what customers think or if you missed out on a feature you really wanted, or that you lost out on a good incentive by a day or two. They literally optimize for any penny they can save or anything to help pump their quarterly and annual delivery estimates. That is all that they care about. Nothing more, nothing less.
Well, I told them if they want to deliver my car before the end of the quarter, fix it and I'll come take another look at it....

Reactions: ck1891
I’m not really sure why people get so bent out of shape about Tesla moving around pricing on features and incentives. A week doesn’t go by when I don’t hear a commercial from some local car dealership about the latest and greatest incentive that they’re offering that expires at the end of the month. It’s just a tactic to motivate buyers to act.

Got my Plaid delivered today. Quality is noticeably better than my 2022 Plaid, taillight misalignment still there, no significant gaps, paint chips etc, overall car looks fantastic. PPF right off the lot and will be doing wheel alignment after, so wont be able to enjoy it for another week. Hopefully Tesla can keep up the good build and making them better. Also, no front cam and ambient as expected, but i have a feeling they are going to announce them soon, regardless, hard to give up a great quality build and take another chance later.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    371.8 KB · Views: 8
Got my Plaid delivered today. Quality is noticeably better than my 2022 Plaid, taillight misalignment still there, no significant gaps, paint chips etc, overall car looks fantastic. PPF right off the lot and will be doing wheel alignment after, so wont be able to enjoy it for another week. Hopefully Tesla can keep up the good build and making them better. Also, no front cam and ambient as expected, but i have a feeling they are going to announce them soon, regardless, hard to give up a great quality build and take another chance later.
Congrats! What was your build date?

Reactions: Klyde99