Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About a week into ownership with the MSLR 2024, coming from a MSLR+. Went for the yoke and even though I had an overnight with one it's still surprises me how wide and rectangular it is. My car did not have the video feed with turn signals, so I have to develop a system on what I should actually look at now, the heads up, side mirror or video feed. The seat back does not come up as far as the 2020, not sure why. Seats are more comfortable though. The contrast of the white interior with the wood, grey and other elements really is beautiful. I have a Y with white interior as well and it appears to be a step above in terms of presentation and aesthetics. If you are on the fence on the white interior I'd say go for it. Ride is a bit more harsh compared to the 2020, speakers are far better. And although the exterior changes are subtle it's definitely noticeable in ways you don't appreciate by just eye hustling one at the local Whole Foods. Vented seats...where have you been all my life! No stalks but the voice commands work really well. Autowipers are a joke..I'm on v11.x. Computer speed is so much faster and with voice commands makes calling up songs, stations, and car controls super easy. I have not even attempted to max out the speed...I know it's there when I need it and I think I enjoy the cruising, leisure nature of sedan driving. Without a doubt a better car overall than the 2020. I know you guys what a retrofit for ambient lights and cameras but you really should demand a post delivery screen tilt kit. If you have the FUSC and/or FSD transfer option available you really will not regret the upgrade.

I've noticed the thin soft paint on my 2018 Model S and had it ceramic coated. I talked to a few detailers, ceramic coaters, and PPF guys that do Ferraris, Lambos, Bugattis all day long, and they all said Tesla's paint is softer and thinner than Mercedes or BMW. They have worked on ALL cars and said the paint is even worse than most US big 3 brands. It is not my opinion but that of many experts.

I've noticed the thin soft paint on my 2018 Model S and had it ceramic coated. I talked to a few detailers, ceramic coaters, and PPF guys that do Ferraris, Lambos, Bugattis all day long, and they all said Tesla's paint is softer and thinner than Mercedes or BMW. They have worked on ALL cars and said the paint is even worse than most US big 3 brands. It is not my opinion but that of many experts.
Yelobird tends to disagree with anything that paints Tesla as doing anything that results in poor quality, take it with a grain of salt. I will agree with him in that ceramic coating won't do much to improve the durability of the paint.

Compromise would probably be getting PPF on the highest risk bits of the car. Quotes I was getting for that were around 1-2k. But I figured I might as well just spend the full amount and get a full PPF job.

Yelobird tends to disagree with anything that paints Tesla as doing anything that results in poor quality, take it with a grain of salt. I will agree with him in that ceramic coating won't do much to improve the durability of the paint.

Compromise would probably be getting PPF on the highest risk bits of the car. Quotes I was getting for that were around 1-2k. But I figured I might as well just spend the full amount and get a full PPF job.
I disagreed because as you stated.ceramic doesn’t improve durability And his feedback on paint is from a dtailer that Sells a product and Service. That doesn’t prove his statement it Proves they earned a sale. I disagree with those that share Assumed statements as verified fact. Tesla is far from a perfect company and definitely not without issues.

That post seems to me more evidence that a front bumper camera is unlikely as it would have limited usefulness in a non-cybertruck vehicle. Not sure what problem it would solve.
The 3 probably has better visibility, because the S hood is too damn long. But still, it would mainly help with parking and avoiding scraping the nose.

Reactions: kobefan234

That post seems to me more evidence that a front bumper camera is unlikely as it would have limited usefulness in a non-cybertruck vehicle. Not sure what problem it would solve.
Eh that is meaningless. The problem with the current system is that it’s not consistent. Sometimes it can give a decent result. Sometimes it’s wildly inaccurate.

A camera would make it easier for me to just park the car myself. Just like the rear camera does (hence why I basically always back into spots now)

Eh that is meaningless. The problem with the current system is that it’s not consistent. Sometimes it can give a decent result. Sometimes it’s wildly inaccurate.

A camera would make it easier for me to just park the car myself. Just like the rear camera does (hence why I basically always back into spots now)
I agree. Just back in. I bought a wireless solar front camera as described in another thread and really haven’t used it for the month I’ve had it. I’ll back in or the vision system is accurate enough for my garage.

Exactly me too. I literally have 2” clearance in my tiny garage.
I never circled back but picked my plaid up in early March and have since added full front ppf, ceramic coating and ceramic window tint, along with 3d max interior all weather Matts.
Congrats. have you had any issues?

I paid $6k cash for Xpel Ultimate Fusion which provides both. Full car, authorized reseller. Chicagoland/NWI area.

I did negotiate/haggle about 12% off original ask.
That’s a good deal! I opted for the full car ceramic coating to cover both the film and all other parts of the car without film (windows, wheels, etc.) as I'm picking it up in Springfield and driving down to Houston, and I want maximum protection.

Reactions: zoomer0056