Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up our MSLR today. Couldn’t complain about anything at pickup. Looked great except for that front license plate holder that I dont need in AZ - they tell me it voids the warranty if you remove it. Not sure how true that is!

It's totally true. If you remove it, it voids the warranty.....on the license plate holder.

I have had my 24 Plaid with 19s for 6 weeks, love the car. I have had a number of very fast cars, drag cars, road race cars, street cars, etc, nothing accelerates in an instant like the Plaid. How it actually hooks up on street tires is amazing, the traction control is world class. My only slightly negative comment and its minor, is the ride/suspension/handling. I have been changing settings in advanced mode, changing tire pressures, etc, trying to get a better ride out of it. I would not want 21s on it, that would make it even more harsh.

The suspension is nowhere near as good as the Plus suspension was on my P85D but it is a lot more comfortable....a compromise I'm happy to make.

Reactions: ck1891
I maybe missing something here, how do you get the visualizations without FSD?
i had the larger scale visualizations with color during the trail period of FSD, but since that ended I don't get to see any of that on the dash. I have a 2023 MSLR.
Is this something that can be activated without FSD?
Nope. That's FSD for you. And without FSD you don't get FSD goodies.

It's totally true. If you remove it, it voids the warranty.....on the license plate holder.
I can see it voiding some type of warranty associated with the front bumper, or if I tried to sue them for a front end collision arguing negligence in design.

I just can't see them voiding any warranty associated with batteries, cpu, or anything else not associated with the front bumper.

I can see it voiding some type of warranty associated with the front bumper, or if I tried to sue them for a front end collision arguing negligence in design.

I just can't see them voiding any warranty associated with batteries, cpu, or anything else not associated with the front bumper.

All joking aside, I never interpreted the supposed comment that the Tesla employee made anything other the related parts to the license plate holder having their warranty void. So even though I meant is a joke, I'm pretty sure it's true. Obviously if you damage the bumper while removing the holder, there won't be any sort of warranty support for damage that was caused with an intentional act.

I think it is a smart move that Tesla is doing this. Maybe more people will like it and subscribe or if they offer a special rate after the trial buy it. I like FSD alone just for the much improved visualizations. That in itself is worth it for me. Most people only put their lives at risk if you just don’t pay attention. With the improved visualizations, I actually think it is even safer for me. 🙂
Fsd demo was enough to convince me of my prior suspicions that it’s useless and a waste of money.

I test-drove a new Model 3 for the day and couldn't wait to turn off the ambient lighting. It's really bad, really distracting, and poor panel alignment didn't help.

View attachment 1032260
These kinds of posts are hilarious to me. If that panel is even misaligned, its off by like 1mm...I had my MX for over a year, and didnt even notice anything was "wrong" until I saw a similar post to this and checked, and yeah, it was a bit off. Literally no different than any other car I've ever owned. Why people insist on making such minor things an "issue" is always curious to me when there are so many real problems to hate on them for (like my front auto doors whipping open and nearly knocking my toddler over, or no front bumper camera, or how in the aforementioned doors, they removed sensors to nerf them and STILL havent fixed them)

These kinds of posts are hilarious to me. If that panel is even misaligned, its off by like 1mm...I had my MX for over a year, and didnt even notice anything was "wrong" until I saw a similar post to this and checked, and yeah, it was a bit off. Literally no different than any other car I've ever owned. Why people insist on making such minor things an "issue" is always curious to me when there are so many real problems to hate on them for (like my front auto doors whipping open and nearly knocking my toddler over, or no front bumper camera, or how in the aforementioned doors, they removed sensors to nerf them and STILL havent fixed them)
Couldn't agree more. I didn't realize how many "issues" my $74K truck had until I started researching Tesla as my next car.
I see people on youtube measuring panel gaps. Would love to hear from traditional car salesmen and if their customers usually spend time inspecting panel gaps or looking for minor flaws in the paint.

Fsd demo was enough to convince me of my prior suspicions that it’s useless and a waste of money.
Called it.

IMG_2910.gif

Reactions: Yelobird
Hating a *sugar* product is reasonable. Those of us who didn’t waste $15k have no psychological need to justify the expense and can call it as it is
Etc…..

The amount of unpleasantness and sheer negativity you bring to this forum is astonishing. One could only wish for the ability to universally filter out your posts.

Took delivery today. Did a quick walk around everything looks pretty good. Driver door is slightly misaligned with rear passenger, but that’s it.

Process was smooth, most of the time spent was signing paperwork for my trade.

The SA sheepishly offered to take me on an FSD drive in a model Y they had. I politely declined. She looked relieved. 😅

I’m in love with Ultra Red. And so far enjoying the yoke.

Good luck to all who are still waiting!

IMG_0645.jpeg

Took delivery today. Did a quick walk around everything looks pretty good. Driver door is slightly misaligned with rear passenger, but that’s it.

The SA sheepishly offered to take me on an FSD drive in a model Y they had. I politely declined. She looked relieved. 😅

View attachment 1032498

I am loving that color - congrats!

View attachment 1032498

What about the rear lifgate? Is it level with the level with the bumper and are gaps on both sides where the liftgate meets the roof even?