Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything went smooth at the delivery center. The team at the delivery center did something on there end which fixed the “view agreement” section of the app. The car looks great. Couldn’t find any flaws in the car. Going to the detailer for tint and ceramic coating Monday. Will post pics after.
Here it is.
IMG_5305.jpeg
IMG_5306.jpeg
IMG_5307.jpeg

The liftgate is identical to how mine was. Higher on the right. Almost every picture I've seen of a 2024 that is taken from the rear shows the same thing.
How about pictures of the gaps between the liftgate and the roof on the left and right side? Is the drivers side gap by any chance larger than the passenger side?
I didn't look at that and I don't have the car now. I'll check when I get it back. I'll also measure the gaps left and right. By running my finger along the gap, I could detect a LITTLE difference but it was small enough I wasn't sure if there was any. I guess my finger isn't as calibrated as sorka's eyes are...

I didn't look at that and I don't have the car now. I'll check when I get it back. I'll also measure the gaps left and right. By running my finger along the gap, I could detect a LITTLE difference but it was small enough I wasn't sure if there was any. I guess my finger isn't as calibrated as sorka's eyes are...

Mine for comparison. FYI, it's about to be fixed but it involves replacing the entire roof.

Passenger side gap which is good.

20240321_080756.jpg_compressed.JPEG

Driver's side gap which is 1/8" larger. If your gaps are equal then is the back of your liftgate shifted too far to the drivers side i.e. is your gap on the left side of the liftgate where it meets the quarter panel smaller than the right gap?

20240321_080911.jpg_compressed.JPEG

Click on images to enlarge.

Mine for comparison. FYI, it's about to be fixed but it involves replacing the entire roof.

Passenger side gap which is good.

Driver's side gap which is 1/8" larger. If your gaps are equal then is the back of your liftgate shifted too far to the drivers side i.e. is your gap on the left side of the liftgate where it meets the quarter panel smaller than the right gap?
I think I see what you are measuring. It's not the glass - it's the metal (red) parts between the roof and the liftgate, right?
I will measure all of the gaps on mine when I get it back - hopefully Friday.

Edit: I forgot. There is one more mis-alignment that my son-in-law pointed out. The rear plastic bumper cover isn't perfectly aligned with the driver's side rear quarter panel. The bumper cover sticks out a millimeter or maybe 2. Small enough that I didn't care (see my earlier post about my Chevy).

I think I see what you are measuring. It's not the glass - it's the metal (red) parts between the roof and the liftgate, right?
I will measure all of the gaps on mine when I get it back - hopefully Friday.

Edit: I forgot. There is one more mis-alignment that my son-in-law pointed out. The rear plastic bumper cover isn't perfectly aligned with the driver's side rear quarter panel. The bumper cover sticks out a millimeter or maybe 2. Small enough that I didn't care (see my earlier post about my Chevy).
You mean like this?
20240327_224146.jpg

Passenger side is flush but drivers side looks like this.

XPEL Austin @ 11100 Metric Blvd Suite 200A, Austin, TX 78758
We got the EXACT same car…in Austin.
Maybe I’ll see you out there on the road.

I have service coming out today for the rear passenger door alignment. It’s protruding out and isn’t closing right.

Attachments

• IMG_3130.jpeg
    IMG_3130.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3127.jpeg
    IMG_3127.jpeg
    374 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3131.jpeg
    IMG_3131.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 8
We got the EXACT same car…in Austin.
Maybe I’ll see you out there on the road.

I have service coming out today for the rear passenger door alignment. It’s protruding out and isn’t closing right.
That should be an easy fix. They could even do that with a mobile appointment. I'm assuming it's just the latching adjustment to bring the door flush when closed.