Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well Tesla should be putting on tires that last more than 12K miles OEM. But I am going to do what you are doing in the future. Buy Michelin Cross Climate 2 (good in winter as well) with 60K warranty, they will need replacement at 30K miles, and then Discount tire will give me each future set at 1/2 off. Seems like a deal to me.
100% agree. Pirelli Scorpion Weatheractive tires are similar to the Michelins. Have a look at those as well. In my experience, Michelins wear better than Pirellis or Contis in real life.

I don't know why I didn't notice this when I test drove a refresh S with a steering wheel last year, but I haven't been able to find a comfortable seating position where I can see the speed limit sign at all. I didn't think this was going to be a big issue, since I am exactly average height (5' 9"). But, wow, it's annoying. I should have gotten the yoke again.

I don't know why I didn't notice this when I test drove a refresh S with a steering wheel last year, but I haven't been able to find a comfortable seating position where I can see the speed limit sign at all. I didn't think this was going to be a big issue, since I am exactly average height (5' 9"). But, wow, it's annoying. I should have gotten the yoke again.
Yeah it’s rubbish. I’m 6’5” and couldn’t use the the steering wheel at all for that reason, or I was going to switch to the wheel. Others have no issue but that’s in no way possible for me.

Oh, and I had a pre-refresh Model S loaner while my refresh was in service, and had zero issues seeing everything on the driver’s display. The refresh was (unfortunately) designed around the yoke.

I am 6'0 with a longer torso and I see everything fine on the dash with nothing occluded. I sit with the seat all the way down and wish it could go lower though because I feel I sit too high in the car still. I feel that way as well when I test drove the MY and M3. The seats are a bit too high, but I still see everything on the dash just fine with the round wheel.

I am 6'0 with a longer torso and I see everything fine on the dash with nothing occluded. I sit with the seat all the way down and wish it could go lower though because I feel I sit too high in the car still. I feel that way as well when I test drove the MY and M3. The seats are a bit too high, but I still see everything on the dash just fine with the round wheel.
I sit with my seat the lowest level and can’t see everything at all unless I really slouch in the seat - not comfortable. And the seating position feels much higher than in the 3. It definitely is in relation to the windshield as I see much more in the Model 3 than the S.

In all of my consumer experience, I have never dealt with a company that simply gives absolutely no fks about customer service. I got the text that it’s time to schedule delivery. When I go to app to do that, I get no “there are currently no appointments available. We are working on increasing available appointments. Please call (888) 518-3752 to speak with a tesla advisor.” I call the number, go thru the prompts, and the auto recorder (after the 10 am est customer service opening time) tells me sorry we can’t take your call right now, call back later” and just hangs up. I texted my service advisor with what do I do next and no response. I texted them a couple of days ago with a follow up question and did not have a response from that, nor my current inquiry about scheduling. Does anyone have advice on how to move forward? Are appointments updated daily at a specific time?

In all of my consumer experience, I have never dealt with a company that simply gives absolutely no fks about customer service. I got the text that it’s time to schedule delivery. When I go to app to do that, I get no “there are currently no appointments available. We are working on increasing available appointments. Please call (888) 518-3752 to speak with a tesla advisor.” I call the number, go thru the prompts, and the auto recorder (after the 10 am est customer service opening time) tells me sorry we can’t take your call right now, call back later” and just hangs up. I texted my service advisor with what do I do next and no response. I texted them a couple of days ago with a follow up question and did not have a response from that, nor my current inquiry about scheduling. Does anyone have advice on how to move forward? Are appointments updated daily at a specific time?

They definitely don't give fks but it was also EOQ. You should have better luck contacting someone this week.

Looks like the party's over. Prices went back up to previous highs:

Capture.PNG