Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand cutting 10% to get lean, but taking away resources from understaffed departments is not a good thing.
Jason, the Sales Advisor that I have dealt with in Franklin, TN for my last three purchases since 2021, and who was consistently ranked by Tesla in the top 10 in the region, was one of those laid off.

They don't seem to be laying off only those of low productivity.

Reactions: fetar30310
Jason, the Sales Advisor that I have dealt with in Franklin, TN for my last three purchases since 2021, and who was consistently ranked by Tesla in the top 10 in the region, was one of those laid off.

They don't seem to be laying off only those of low productivity.
That's bad news for sure. The one guy know that works in the Austin Gigafactory was not laid off but many of his friends were. I wonder if this is more of an "accountant's layoff" where the higher paid people are being let go regardless of how good of an employee they are? Two GOOD top execs are also gone.

Was laying in bed with the wife last night, configuring a new model s, going back and forth between a plaid and long range trying to decide which one to go with.

My wife looks at me and says you should get the plaid, sure it’s a bit more money but it’s what you want, I looked at her and said “you really love spending my money don’t you” ..

So from the comfort of my couch I went ahead and ordered a long range. Ultra red. Tan interior.

Was laying in bed with the wife last night, configuring a new model s, going back and forth between a plaid and long range trying to decide which one to go with.

My wife looks at me and says you should get the plaid, sure it’s a bit more money but it’s what you want, I looked at her and said “you really love spending my money don’t you” ..

So from the comfort of my couch I went ahead and ordered a long range. Ultra red. Tan interior.
Get the Plaid! The purchase was already approved. 😅

Oddly my wife said the same and minutes later before she could see the end cost I already had one ordered.

• Love
Reactions: AMPd
Sport Seats (Called Track Internally) are up on the EPC. Both Front/Rear seat components.

Front Seats
Back Seats

Those with business accounts can see pricing, curious on part cost.

Theoretically if the seat frame/motors/hardware are the same for the regular and sport seats the cost for retrofit could be considerably less than replacing the entire seat.
Interesting that they’re called track. I wonder if the retrofit will be part of the track pack?

Had the same issue.
Wife said the same.
I thought the same.
That said, she wasn’t wrong - I changed my order to Plaid and couldn’t be happier. Would have regretted the LR and Plaid was only 15k more.

Had the same issue.
Wife said the same.
I thought the same.
That said, she wasn’t wrong - I changed my order to Plaid and couldn’t be happier. Would have regretted the LR and Plaid was only 15k more.
The Plaid is what makes the S really special. Otherwise there are plenty of other choices with nice interiors, better build quality etc.

Reactions: sorka
Anybody taken delivery of a plaid with new seats?

I went to the factory this morning and there only one new S/X in the delivery area which was prepped for a delivery with the temp reg, Monroney sticker stuck between the seat and center console. It was a gray MSP. No new seats. No cameras. No RGB lighting.

Then I saw the VIN which ended in 534756 only a few hundred ahead of mine which means it's an old old car that probably had issues and is now just being delivered to an unsuspecting customer.

I have a question
I am looking for the snow chains, on tesla .com they are selling THE KÖNIG K-SUMMIT XL K55 MAX but on amazon they have König K-Summit XL K55 Tesla .com double the amazon's price, I ordered from tesla.com but the product box still says THE KÖNIG K-SUMMIT XL K55 Is there any difference...

I went to the factory this morning and there only one new S/X in the delivery area which was prepped for a delivery with the temp reg, Monroney sticker stuck between the seat and center console. It was a gray MSP. No new seats. No cameras. No RGB lighting.

Then I saw the VIN which ended in 534756 only a few hundred ahead of mine which means it's an old old car that probably had issues and is now just being delivered to an unsuspecting customer.
I guess we'll see if there are any announcements at earnings next week, but im not holding my breath.