Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a chance to sit in the Bellevue Square showroom’s 3 performance. Those seats are GOOD. Super comfy, and the bolstering is enough to really hug you. Absolutely placing a retrofit order when it becomes available if the 3 seats are that good.

for any seattle area peeps, they should have an S with the sport seats sometime next week for viewing.
If the new M3P's ride quality and NVH is decent, it's definitely gonna have me rethinking whether I want an S.

For those wondering about the latest delivery timelines, I ordered an MSLR (Ultra Red, 19", Cream interior) on 4/17. Received VIN on 4/27, EDD of 5/8-5/17. So 4-5 weeks from ordering (I'm in MA).
Think your estimate value is less likely for most as the cream option is a wild card variable. Few exist and they are randomly on the line.

I drove the highland 3 and the ride quality and nvh were impressive. Save $45k and get the m3p.
Did you drive the highland 3 or performance 3? Also how would you compare the bumps in the road to a Model S. I have back and neck problems and do not like bumps in the road. Seems like S air suspension would be far superior than model 3 regular suspension? No? Is there a tiny or huge difference? Thanks

Took delivery of an inventory model. The only difference are 21in wheels rather than the 19s. Which is fine, I was planning on getting aftermarket wheels anyway.

Car looks fantastic. Slight driver door misalignment, bottom of the driver door the gap between the front and rear door is wider than on the top by the door handle.
No big deal and doesn’t seem to affect the door operation in any way.

Does a Spotify account no longer come with the car? I tried searching for specific songs and it prompted me to sign in. My old model s came with an account because I’ve never had to create an account and log in.
I loved being able to search up specific songs and then get recommendations based on that genre.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Did you drive the highland 3 or performance 3? Also how would you compare the bumps in the road to a Model S. I have back and neck problems and do not like bumps in the road. Seems like S air suspension would be far superior than model 3 regular suspension? No? Is there a tiny or huge difference? Thanks
I drove the regular highland 3.

I thought it felt as good as the model S suspension.

The air is only the spring. The only benefit is you can adjust ride height.

The new performance 3 seems to have adjustable dampers like the model S. It could be very good.

Reactions: CraigE1965
I drove the regular highland 3.

I thought it felt as good as the model S suspension.

The air is only the spring. The only benefit is you can adjust ride height.

The new performance 3 seems to have adjustable dampers like the model S. It could be very good.
I'm also in Michigan, there is snow. I like how the S raises itself when it gets to my neighborhood or work street. Often it is not plowed and this is great. Also the front doesn't hit things when parking if it is higher up. I think I'll wait for the new S to get the front bumper cam or some big feature or change and buy one. I also can't stand that the 3 has no front dash screen and looks like an empty shoe box inside. But if I was younger and did not care about luxury, I would for sure buy the Performance 3 go-cart.

I'm also in Michigan, there is snow. I like how the S raises itself when it gets to my neighborhood or work street. Often it is not plowed and this is great. Also the front doesn't hit things when parking if it is higher up. I think I'll wait for the new S to get the front bumper cam or some big feature or change and buy one. I also can't stand that the 3 has no front dash screen and looks like an empty shoe box inside. But if I was younger and did not care about luxury, I would for sure buy the Performance 3 go-cart.
The 3 doesn't need the adjustable suspension because the nose is shorter. It doesn't scrape as much like the S does.

The 3 doesn't need the adjustable suspension because the nose is shorter. It doesn't scrape as much like the S does.
Good to know, thanks. But is the 3 Performance low to the ground? Like the S can raise suspension and you just go thru a foot of snow. Will the 3 be like 4 or 5 inches up and get stuck, or the bottom scraped by snow/ice piles? Or is the 3 as good as S in the snow? Obviously the Performance 3 would need winter or all season tires though.

Good to know, thanks. But is the 3 Performance low to the ground? Like the S can raise suspension and you just go thru a foot of snow. Will the 3 be like 4 or 5 inches up and get stuck, or the bottom scraped by snow/ice piles? Or is the 3 as good as S in the snow? Obviously the Performance 3 would need winter or all season tires though.
The S does raise up but not for a foot of snow.

Ordered my MSP 12/13/23. Finally got a VIN a few days ago, which I guess means the car has been built and should be on its way to East Coast Florida, where I am. VIN is a 24 build. Factory is Fremont. EDD is 5/7-5/13.

No SA knew a single thing about my order up to now but surely the fact that we have a VIN and are close to EDD means somewhere information exists about the location of the train/truck ferrying it here.

Any idea from those who might have been through this multiple times?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Ordered my MSP 12/13/23. Finally got a VIN a few days ago, which I guess means the car has been built and should be on its way to East Coast Florida, where I am. VIN is a 24 build. Factory is Fremont. EDD is 5/7-5/13.

No SA knew a single thing about my order up to now but surely the fact that we have a VIN and are close to EDD means somewhere information exists about the location of the train/truck ferrying it here.

Any idea from those who might have been through this multiple times?
It took 5 months for you to get a vin?!