Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sitting here really thinking about timing of ordering an S.

48V, PowerShare, steer by wire, front bumper camera, interior lighting, exterior refresh.

No serious rumors of a refresh, but surely these features will make it to the S/X soon enough.

Of course that may crank the price back up as well, putting it out of my reach once again.

And I’d sure as heck enjoy it in the meantime. Decisions decisions.

48V, PowerShare, steer by wire, front bumper camera, interior lighting, exterior refresh.

No serious rumors of a refresh, but surely these features will make it to the S/X soon enough.
Are there any historical patterns for when during the yr Tesla makes updates to the S? Does it typically follow a factory pause in early summer? I'm in the same camp. Patiently waiting for some sign that they still care about the Model S. With the exception of an update to FSD hardware a little while ago, it's been ~3yrs since they've done anything material to the platform. I'm sure a bigger update is happening ~2026 but I'm just looking for some sign of attention, any hardware changelog entry, before pulling the trigger.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Are there any historical patterns for when during the yr Tesla makes updates to the S? Does it typically follow a factory pause in early summer? I'm in the same camp. Patiently waiting for some sign that they still care about the Model S. With the exception of an update to FSD hardware a little while ago, it's been ~3yrs since they've done anything material to the platform. I'm sure a bigger update is happening ~2026 but I'm just looking for some sign of attention, any hardware changelog entry, before pulling the trigger.

Some revisions in March ‘23 that included updates to the headlights, taillights, glass roof, ultra-red paint, HW4, and I think they *just* did a computer update, as new orders are being notified Steam gaming is no longer available. I’m with you and think a major refresh won’t be seen until ‘26, that’s two years of enjoyment lost in the meantime.

Some revisions in March ‘23 that included updates to the headlights, taillights, glass roof, ultra-red paint, HW4, and I think they *just* did a computer update, as new orders are being notified Steam gaming is no longer available. I’m with you and think a major refresh won’t be seen until ‘26, that’s two years of enjoyment lost in the meantime.
Didn’t the headlight/tail light revision happen in March 2022? The UR was 2023

I’d say go for it now, you like the car, you like what it offers, why wait.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Strange after ordering the demo S noted on the last page, it's radio silence from Tesla. I have every task completed including financing approved but haven't received any messages since purchasing. Wonder if it's related to layoffs.

Your first order? This is my second. My current car (M3P) took about 2.5 months to arrive. There was a solid 2 month radio silence mid-order process. I darn near wore out my refresh button over those two months.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I would add a updated 800V battery
Why is everybody obsessed with 800V batteries? There is little actual advantage to them, especially when the entire Supercharger network is only supports up to ~500V currently.

Even the Cybertruck which supports 800V only charges faster for a short period of time, so unless you need a tiny charge the 10-70% charge takes pretty much exactly the same time on a 400V Supercharger as a 1000V CCS station.

How about it charges faster in my garage? Why is it limited to 48A when the charger can do like 84 A?

Because it is unnecessary and the grid can't really support that given our continued reliance on antiquated systems. I'm all about the want, I'm not about accelerating the wreck based on it... When have you really needed more than 48A at home that you couldn't have also covered by a SC stop somewhere along the way? After 4+ years of doing it, I can honestly say Zero.

And here we go again...

Reactions: Yelobird
Because it is unnecessary and the grid can't really support that given our continued reliance on antiquated systems. I'm all about the want, I'm not about accelerating the wreck based on it... When have you really needed more than 48A at home that you couldn't have also covered by a SC stop somewhere along the way? After 4+ years of doing it, I can honestly say Zero.

And here we go again...
I mean technically I can accomplish *all* of my charging with a supercharger, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have onboard chargers at all. It’s rare, but there have been instances where 80A charging would have eliminated the need for me to supercharge.

Reactions: AMPd
I’m sitting here really thinking about timing of ordering an S.

I don't expect the first three to happen, but the last three would be practical upgrades from Tesla and would make me seriously consider an order.

The current S doesn't have the new(?) Bluetooth functionality as seen with the Highland Model 3, right?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Lunar silver just dropped.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 8.32.15 PM.png