Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been waiting for the FSD transfer to come back to get a new S. But now I am going to wait till 2nd half of next year. Elon said HW5 (AI5) will be then. Unless he says HW4 vehicles will be upgradeable to AI5, no point in buying now. And most likely it won't be.
I can appreciate wanting the latest and greatest. But Elon says “Elon things”. And that 18 months could be 24+ months. And when that 2 years comes, AI5 might only be in the Cybertcab. AI5 is certainly going to have a high BOM, so Elon is going to put it into things that give hime the most ROI, that’s probably not the S.

I just finished trolling the delivery center lot and found my car. It's fresh off transport and has yet to be detailed. It was awesome seeing it in person! After taking it all in and admiring the color, peeking in the windows, and whatnot, I spent some time inspecting the build: glass, seals, hood, headlights, hatch alignment, and tail lights all look good—the door alignment, too, with just one exception. The driver-side rear door sticks out a bit on the bottom. What do you guys think?
IMG_3822.jpeg

IMG_3825.jpeg
IMG_3828.jpeg
IMG_3833.jpeg
IMG_3839.jpeg
IMG_3840.jpeg
IMG_2160.jpeg
IMG_2165.jpeg

Last edited:
I just finished trolling the delivery center lot and found my car. It's fresh off transport and has yet to be detailed. It was awesome seeing it in person! After taking it all in and admiring the color, peeking in the windows, and whatnot, I spent some time inspecting the build: glass, seals, hood, headlights, hatch alignment, and tail lights all look good—the door alignment, too, with just one exception. The driver-side rear door sticks out a bit on the bottom. What do you guys think?
View attachment 1058309

View attachment 1058311View attachment 1058312View attachment 1058313View attachment 1058315View attachment 1058316
Nice! Door looks good to me. Are you gonna let them wash in some swirl marks?

Last edited:
View attachment 1058309

View attachment 1058311View attachment 1058312View attachment 1058313View attachment 1058315View attachment 1058316
Looks awesome! I’ll be on the lookout for my twin whenever I’m in the Dallas area!

• Love
Reactions: TBrownTX
Thanks on the door, it's not perfect, but I worry they'll just screw it up if I have them mess with it. As for "washing" 😆 I really wish they'd just hand it over but I don't think that'll happen. I guess I can ask?
Just ask them not to wash it and either diy or take it to a detailer for clay-bar/wax, they should relish the opportunity 😉

View attachment 1058309

View attachment 1058311View attachment 1058312View attachment 1058313View attachment 1058315View attachment 1058316View attachment 1058323View attachment 1058324
Normal on the left rear door. Unless you want the SvC to beat on the hinges, just live with it.

No seat wrinkles? No scrapes under the bumper?

Reactions: MYP24
Normal on the left rear door. Unless you want the SvC to beat on the hinges, just live with it.

No seat wrinkles? No scrapes under the bumper?

Thank you for the assessment on the door, I’d rather have the slight misalignment than beat up hinges, I only noticed because I was looking for problems.

I didn’t notice any seat wrinkles, and just looked at the interior shots and don’t see any there. Will check bumper Saturday at delivery,

Thanks for the tips on things to check. I was super impressed with the headlights/taillights and glass/windshield alignment especially.

I think I got a good one, a slightly misaligned rear door can be overlooked so long as there’s not wind noise or a leak.

View attachment 1058309

View attachment 1058311View attachment 1058312View attachment 1058313View attachment 1058315View attachment 1058316View attachment 1058323View attachment 1058324
Looks fantastic. Outside looks near-perfect, more than good enough and sooooo desirable...

• Love
Reactions: TBrownTX