Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen quite a few people say they have S85's being built in various threads and forums. There's not nearly as much representation on the spreadsheet for other vehicles as there is for the P85D. Mostly because the P85D is new and exciting. I suspect there will be a lot more interest in 85D orders here come another month or so.

I notice that your order is not on the spreadsheet though. The best way to get information is for everyone to share it. More people sharing non-P85D orders would help bring some more information about what's going on with those orders to light.

Earlier today I went to the Decatur GA store for a supercharge and there were about a dozen Model S cars awaiting delivery (all had factory tags and seat wraps). Only 1 was a P85D, the rest were mostly 85's and a couple 60's. So for the general buying population that doesn't visit this forum it looks like S85's are still the majority of cars being delivered.

AllanH - as of this afternoon, DS still says it's going into production "this week." hoping that Breser's experience in his post above (#76) turns out to be the same for us. and maybe we'll see each other on delivery day....

-kabir

spoke with DS this morning. had been told since last week the car was going into production "this week." now that it's Friday, he says that it seems stuck in the queue, due to a lot of P85D's that got held up in the pipeline (the so-called "black hole" from the other thread).

he did say we're still scheduled for delivery by 12/31, but also slightly opened the door for the possibility of a january delivery...

Last edited:
spoke with DS this morning. had been told since last week the car was going into production "this week." now that it's Friday, he says that it seems stuck in the queue, due to a lot of P85D's that got held up in the pipeline (the so-called "black hole" from the other thread).

he did say we're still scheduled for delivery by 12/31, but also slightly opened the door for the possibility of a january delivery...

I got a similar story last night. DS said should have no problem and production should start next week. I appreciated his candor, but couldn't help but question his lack of any facts that made his "next week" statement any more reliable than his "this week" statement.

My dashboard says they are building my MS85 starting today. I am VIN 64334 for a delivery in Las Vegas. Is there any chance it can be complete and here before Xmas?

Sigh. Same car, almost identical VIN.

Happy for those getting their P85Ds, but I have to admit it's frustrating to see vehicles delivered that have a higher VIN number than my 65083. I'm taking solace knowing it will ultimately be worth the wait.

Trying to stay positive. It is certainly not easy. I feel like the kid who waited in line at Disneyland to get on space mountain but after getting through the switchbacks had the rope pulled across the line while the ride was getting serviced.

The sad thing is I am actually hesitant to post this out of fear that somehow I will get pushed back in line.

Just a heads up for those east of the Mississippi waiting on their Dec deliveries. While Driving ( not my Tesla due to lack of superchargers along my route) from Indianapolis to Little Rock today, I passed 4 haulers full of new Teslas heading to points east.. 1 on I -70 in Illinois and 3 on I-40 in Arkansas There must be quite a few haulers moving right now. I think I counted 7 Model S's on each

Sounds like at least 28 folks will be quite happy soon!

just got an email from a DS at my delivery center (not the same person as usual) saying that they "anticipate arrival within the last 3 days of December." anyone else get the same email?

i'm in southern california, so it does make sense if they're first building cars that are being delivered farther away, as they'd have longer transit times.

but that said, it's now 9 days til New Year's, and the car is still "in the production queue" ....

Kabirakhtar, you may want to check again. My Dashboard has now changed and says I am in production. Yeah!!!

ditto!! got an email this morning about it also. the previous email from the DS said "last 3 days of December." today's email says "estimated delivery in January" ... but the My Tesla site says December still, so maybe they're just being conservative.

congrats on finally hitting production!

ditto!! got an email this morning about it also. the previous email from the DS said "last 3 days of December." today's email says "estimated delivery in January" ... but the My Tesla site says December still, so maybe they're just being conservative.

congrats on finally hitting production!

I did not get any email - stating January delivery or otherwise. Glad to hear you also hit production and hope we both get delivery this year!

Kabirakhtar, I have not received any new status on my dashboard. Have you?

no, still In Production. looking at the spreadsheet (linked in the first post in this thread), looks like a lot of cars are taking around 5-6 days. we started 12/23 ... don't know if they took off for xmas, but means we may be finished production the 29th/30th. then maybe they get the cars down to LA the next day, though it sure looks tight.