Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming his number is legit

Screen shot 2012-03-24 at 07.59.30 .png
:tongue:

This could be a fluke, but does his reservation number mean that they took an average of 20 per day for the past 8 days? Seems the press combined with the announcement of a release date is bringing in some new people. Imagine what will happen when they begin getting 60 per day. 20 per day with 0 dollars having been spent on advertising. Not to mention, imagine what will happen when reservation holders don't have to wait 1.5 years for their car. That equals 1800 per month or 21.6k per year. Well above what they expect to happen :)

This could be a fluke, but does his reservation number mean that they took an average of 20 per day for the past 8 days? Seems the press combined with the announcement of a release date is bringing in some new people. Imagine what will happen when they begin getting 60 per day. 20 per day with 0 dollars having been spent on advertising. That equals 1800 per month or 21.6k per year. Well above what they expect to happen :)

It will be interesting to see where the reservations land on the world map [here]. I suspect many are in Silicon Valley - the 3 day Model S event in San Jose began eight days ago (Friday-Sunday). If so, that would be good reason for Tesla to hold the same type of event across the country.

I am thinking I probably will switch from a signature to a performance so I made another reservation yesterday (3/23/12). I got R 439. If my math is correct the price difference for a similarly equipped signature performance vs. Performance is over $6k. Since I am not going with the red exterior (my roadster is red) or a white interior it doesn't seem to make much sense for me to stay with the signature?..

This could be a fluke, but does his reservation number mean that they took an average of 20 per day for the past 8 days?

It took me a couple of tries to get all the way through. It's possible that each failed attempt increments the counter--just depends on how the software is written. The "right" way would be to not increment the counter until a successful reservation, while the "lazy" way is to just increment the counter at the start of each attempt.

I am thinking I probably will switch from a signature to a performance so I made another reservation yesterday (3/23/12). I got R 439. If my math is correct the price difference for a similarly equipped signature performance vs. Performance is over $6k. Since I am not going with the red exterior (my roadster is red) or a white interior it doesn't seem to make much sense for me to stay with the signature?..

If you don't care about the delivery date as much and the extra leather on the inside (and are not getting Red) then the performance model probably does make sense.

It took me a couple of tries to get all the way through. It's possible that each failed attempt increments the counter--just depends on how the software is written. The "right" way would be to not increment the counter until a successful reservation, while the "lazy" way is to just increment the counter at the start of each attempt.

Pretty sure they do it the "right" way. You don't even get a number until your payment is received IIRC

I finally took the plunge! I was going to do it last week and just didn't get around to it. (blush) I've been following Tesla since the Roadster, I guess. Making a reservation without a test drive made me nervous, but finally seeing the beta a few weeks ago in DC and sitting in it, getting a feeling for it in person, put most of my fears to rest. But I still need a test drive. ;-)

Reservation # 8,061 received 03/28/2012 at 7:38 PM Eastern Time ;-)
United States
General Production, of course (Signature's sold out)

Woo-hoo!

Kendall

I finally took the plunge! I was going to do it last week and just didn't get around to it. (blush) I've been following Tesla since the Roadster, I guess. Making a reservation without a test drive made me nervous, but finally seeing the beta a few weeks ago in DC and sitting in it, getting a feeling for it in person, put most of my fears to rest. But I still need a test drive. ;-)

United States

Woo-hoo!

Kendall

Congrats!

And unless my math is off, that makes for 90 reservations in 5 days. That sounds like a decent pace, no? (Still a bit to go until 80/day, but still...)

United States

Woo-hoo!

Kendall

Congrats! You'll have plenty of time to test drive it and read all the reviews so nothing to worry about.

Congrats!

And unless my math is off, that makes for 90 reservations in 5 days. That sounds like a decent pace, no? (Still a bit to go until 80/day, but still...)

Congrats Kendallpb. What's the 80/day number, Transl8r? At full predicted capacity of 20k/year, that's only 55/day. I'd say that 18/day at this point, with a minimum $5k deposit, a long waiting list, and no car on the road bodes well for at least getting in the ballpark of 20k/year.

Thanks, folks! Yeah, I was thinking (based on this thread) that it was roughly 100 in a week or so, and that seems good to me (great summary of why that's good, Todd).

What's the 80/day number, Transl8r?

If you skip weekends, it's 76.6 per day (close to 80) to get 20K. Holidays would probably push it up to 80 or so. I'm just guessing on where 80 comes from. Do auto factories work 365/year?

Unrelated: Yay, I found the setting so my reservation # shows up under my name. ;-)