Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But either way, reservations don't stop on weekends. We're talking about reservation rate--doesn't really matter when they're built!

They sell a lot of these at stores. Tesla salespeople compete at a "cars sold per day/week/month" level. Arguably they do more sales on weekends with more foot traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, folks! Yeah, I was thinking (based on this thread) that it was roughly 100 in a week or so, and that seems good to me (great summary of why that's good, Todd).

If you skip weekends, it's 76.6 per day (close to 80) to get 20K. Holidays would probably push it up to 80 or so. I'm just guessing on where 80 comes from. Do auto factories work 365/year?

Confirmed, that was my line of thinking.

Welcome to the party!

Thanks! :-D

Make sure Tesla knows to put you on the Signature waiting list if you're interested.

I just read something about that earlier today -- didn't realize there was a waitlist (though that makes sense) -- but I decide a while ago that I wasn't interested. I did a little spreadsheet to compare options and decided that for what I want, it didn't make sense to get the Signature (or Performance).

Just to add a bit more data to the reserve rate, I reserved #6316 on 12/19/2011. So #8,061 on 3/28/2012 means 1745 production reservations over 101 days for a rate of 17.5 a day. Not bad!

Also since they were still taking sigs during some of this time the true rate would be somewhat higher.

Is anyone keeping a tally of What Reservation # has been asked to make/lock-in its configuration? And then, a tally of time to delivery after lock-in?

That would be useful information to both track how quickly Tesla is producing cars, as well as helping those down the line predict when a) they'll get the configure call, and b) they'll take delivery.

Good idea. Maybe, Michigan can track in his first post

1) latest number to be asked to config and

Later on,
2) latest sig # to be delivered

And, further down the road,
3) latest of each of 85/60/40 packs to be delivered in general prod

I can track this. As far as I know, Tesla contacted only the first 40 reservation holders on March 21st. Once we hear others, I'll post it.

I can track this. As far as I know, Tesla contacted only the first 40 reservation holders on March 21st. Once we hear others, I'll post it.
The difference between Sig Special and Sig is still confusing the counting for me; we don't know how many Sig Specials there actually are, versus regular Sigs (given that the total count is over 1200 and we know there are only 1000).
When the holder of Regular Sig #1 gets his configuration call, that may give me a lot more information on where I am in the queue....