Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never been told what Sig special number I am. The website still says Signature 114. I assume most of the people ahead of me are also Roadster owners though.

Given what I've read, I suspect you are Sig Special #114, and that there is also an ordinary Sig #114 out there somewhere. We believe that Sig Specials #1-40 have been asked to configure, so you may well be in the second or third batch.

Given what I've read, I suspect you are Sig Special #114, and that there is also an ordinary Sig #114 out there somewhere. We believe that Sig Specials #1-40 have been asked to configure, so you may well be in the second or third batch.

I'm not sure that's the case. I asked this question on another thread, but I'll ask here, hoping someone knows definitively. Are the Sig Special reservation holders a separate tally from the regular Sigs in the US? In other words, after all of the Sig Specials are configured, do we go back to #1 on the "regular" Sig list? Assuming there are over 200 Sig Specials, that could be a couple of month's difference in terms of when we get the call and when the car is actually delivered depending on whether or not the two lists overlap or not.

My guess is that the Sig Specials are at the front of the Sig list, because if Tesla planned on making 1000 Sigs, they would not want to say (and in fact, we have since learned) that after getting to the mid-700's that there were no more Sigs available. If the Sig Specials count towards the 1000 total, then there should be no overlap.

Of course, this could just be wishful thinking on my part!

I've mentioned elsewhere but don't recall where it was but in any case.......I was told by Tesla that the Sig Specials are part of the 1,000 total Sigs, they are just all at the front of the list. For example, there are 221 SSL's on the forum tally so there are 779 other Sigs. Sig #1 if not a Roadster owner would be the 222nd Sig produced.

(Note: The 221 is a forum tally and may not be accurate and also doesn't reflect anyone who may have dropped out).

I've mentioned elsewhere but don't recall where it was but in any case.......I was told by Tesla that the Sig Specials are part of the 1,000 total Sigs, they are just all at the front of the list. For example, there are 221 SSL's on the forum tally so there are 779 other Sigs. Sig #1 if not a Roadster owner would be the 222nd Sig produced.

(Note: The 221 is a forum tally and may not be accurate and also doesn't reflect anyone who may have dropped out).

Thanks Nigel. That's what I thought and assumed (and was hoping!), but wanted to confirm because the running tally from MichiganModels on the first page of this thread isn't clear on that, and I hadn't seen anything that said otherwise. If this is true, I'm only ~150 spots away from getting the call myself. Pretty exciting!

Not sure if this has been noted before, but US R439 says a lot about customer satisfaction. I forgot how many Roadsters we agreed were released into the US market, but it was around 1300-1400. So, if 439 current roadster owners are getting a Model S, then that is a 33% retention rate.

Not sure if this has been noted before, but US R439 says a lot about customer satisfaction. I forgot how many Roadsters we agreed were released into the US market, but it was around 1300-1400. So, if 439 current roadster owners are getting a Model S, then that is a 33% retention rate.

Don't know if I'd call is retention rate but understand you point. How many are buying a second Tesla versus selling the Roadster to buy the S? A 33% retention rate may be a pessimistic number.

Don't know if I'd call is retention rate but understand you point. How many are buying a second Tesla versus selling the Roadster to buy the S? A 33% retention rate may be a pessimistic number.

It is still a vote of confidence in Tesla to sell your Roadster and buy an S. Whether you keep the Roadster or not is a question of the personal situation on how many cars you need and how much money you want to have tied up in cars.

Based on the data in several threads this week, this has been proven true.

If this is true, I'm only ~150 spots away from getting the call myself. Pretty exciting!

Don't want to burst your bubble but.....

The calls have gone out to about 120 SSL's and there"s at least 221 that we know about. Numbers 1 through 303 might all be non-Roadster owners. Alternatively, they could all be Roadster owners and we don't if know if there was any list compression. So....With Sig #304 you might be >400 spots away but you might also be <100 spots away. In any case it's getting closer every day so stay excited! :wink:

What's the retention rate of the typical vendor? I know Honda and Toyota typically claim high customer loyalty rates.

May not be apples to apples when comparing to Honda/Toyota. It's significant that Tesla has so many satisfied Roadster owners given that that was a first offering from a startup in an entirely new field (of performance EVs with great range)!

I was told by Tesla that the Sig Specials are part of the 1,000 total Sigs, they are just all at the front of the list.
Interesting. I meandered by the Bellevue store on Tuesday after work and asked this question directly and the answer was a firm "I don't know."

On a related note... my follow-up question was about the Founders count and got an even firmer "7". "So a small number?" "No, exactly 7." "So like Elon and a few VPs?" "Something like that."

Duped from TM thread:

"Projected cumulative reservations by end June 2012, and Dec. 2012, using uncorrected count, and taking Apr. 27/09 as start date:

June 30 (11,703*1,192)/1,111 = 12,556
Dec. 31 (11,703*1,376)/1,111 = 14,494 (Incl. deliveries)

:D"

I wonder what happens to all of the Betas when we get ours. Garage sale?

Most likely display cars, at least for a while. I was told that Tesla wants to get production cars into customers hands as soon as possible, even if that means keeping the Beta's as display models. Also worth noting that the Beta's are not road legal as consumer cars (no airbags etc) for you or I to purchase.

Projected cumulative reservations by end June 2012, and Dec. 2012, using uncorrected count, and taking Apr. 27/09 as start date:

June 30 (11,703*1,192)/1,111 = 12,556
Dec. 31 (11,703*1,376)/1,111 = 14,494 (Incl. deliveries)
Those numbers may increase later this year as the Sig and low P#s hit the road. I hope they are not largely aggregated in California as that would limit the S's exposure.