Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Passenger seat for me :wink:
It's funny, I'll let people drive my Roadster who I would never let drive my Corvette. W/ the Roadster there's nothing they can break save actually running into something. They can't over-rev the engine, miss a shift, grind gears, lug the engine, etc. It's such a simple car to drive that I don't worry about them hurting it. Traction Control stays on though :p

That being said, I believe it is safe to forecast for every early adopter Model S reservation holder, one to three friends/neighbors will seriously consider or commit upon delivery.

I've got 3 guys in my office who all say they're going to buy one too. It will be kind of funny since we're a firm of 6 people.

By the way, this is what Alex at the Santana Row store told me Tesla has observed with the Roadster: any time someone in a new state or city gets a Roadster then pretty soon there will be a new cluster of people that own them in the same general vicinity.

I'm curious to see how much that holds true here in SW Missouri where I live after I get mine. There's still an aweful lot of SUV/Pick-up stuff gonig on here compared to other states b/c of low gas prices and the general attitude. That said, when I got my Prius 8 years ago I was one of the first and it got a LOT of attention and certainly the market for hybrids in the area grew much more quickly than I would have expected.

I expect many of my physician friends will have some interest once they see the Model S as well.

There's still an aweful lot of SUV/Pick-up stuff gonig on here compared to other states b/c of low gas prices and the general attitude.

They can wait for the X

I expect many of my physician friends will have some interest once they see the Model S as well.

For some reason, I can totally see this being a doctor's car.

Last edited:
I've got 3 guys in my office who all say they're going to buy one too. It will be kind of funny since we're a firm of 6 people.

By the way, this is what Alex at the Santana Row store told me Tesla has observed with the Roadster: any time someone in a new state or city gets a Roadster then pretty soon there will be a new cluster of people that own them in the same general vicinity.

Haha, that's awesome. I work at a very large company and I've heard there's a guy w/ a roadster at some other building on my campus. Wonder if he'll be driving an S soon...

Last edited:
I'm S #14 in Switzerland.

A Tesla rep in the U.K. told me yesterday, that there is a seperate queue for Switzerland, which afaik has not been mentioned yet in this thread.

Congratulations. Did you find out why there is a separate CH Model S Signature line? Perhaps special options? I can imagine a cooled storage area below the touch screen - chocolate doesn't melt there even if parked for hours :biggrin:

Did you find out why there is a separate CH Model S Signature line?

No not really, but there are three things I can think of (even if none of them has anything to do with choclate, banks or mountains :smile: ) :
  • We have a currency of our own (swiss francs)
  • The Roadster had to be modified because the swiss power plugs offer only 10A compared to 16A in the rest of Europe (which is, why we need 3-Phase charging even more urgent)
  • Switzerland has the most Tesla Roadsters per head in the world (even if I dont't really see, what difference this would make :confused: )

I'm S #14 in Switzerland.

A Tesla rep in the U.K. told me yesterday, that there is a seperate queue for Switzerland, which afaik has not been mentioned yet in this thread.

Welcome aboard! I did not hear of a Switzerland list. Thank you.

I have visited Switzerland. Wonderful country, great people. Glad to see Tesla will have a presence in Switzerland.

Ive just gotten my signature number-- 587
Still concerned about cost
Ive seen articles still reportin 77k Unlikely but posiible if one thinks about it
Maybe as each battery level increases more options are standard?

Hello,

I'm #5277 in the General Production - base model. I am going to get the base model b/c I'm unsure of the reliability and don't want to spend for sig series if this vehicle is just going to be buggy and give me problems (unlike my Prius which it seems like I don't even have to change the oil and have never needed any servicing at all!).

Furthermore, I intend to upgrade the battery pack to the 300 mile version several years later - hopefully when battery costs come down and technology improves.

Can anyone confirm that the battery may be upgraded later to the 300 mi batter pack if I own the base model?

Ive seen articles still reportin 77k Unlikely but posiible if one thinks about it

Very unlikely. Folks are expecting more like 87K+ for the sig; otherwise, there'll be little incentive for folks to opt for the 300 pack in the General Production queue and not go for the Sig instead right now.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that the battery may be upgraded later to the 300 mi batter pack if I own the base model?

No one knows for sure but, Tesla suggested very early on that they might support battery swaps with bigger, rental packs if one needs to go on a long road trip. And, to cut production costs, they'd keep the battery pack an independent (and therefore, swappable) entity in the overall car framework, I'm sure.

Hi,

Congratulations.

I think that you will find that the approximate $77K figure represents the basic general production Model S ($57,400) plus the optional 300 mile range battery option ($20,000), and no other options.

It is unlikely, even with a Signature reservation, that the Panoramic roof, the performance package and the rear-facing child seats, would be included in the basic Signature pricing. I'm guessing, but personally I believe that most Signature Models S's will be lucky to come in under $100K, especially when considering sales taxes and destination charges.

Larry