Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ALERT: the redesigned 5 seat Model X rear cargo flooring panels have arrived, straps and all. The updated design is being installed on vehicles already delivered. My panel set was delivered to the Tesla Service Center in Sunnyvale, and I am stopping by on Tuesday, April 18, to have them installed. Both my Tesla and I are currently in Squaw Valley, and that is why I am waiting until next Tuesday to get them installed. However, I did request graphic proof of their existence. I have attached the photo from Sunnyvale. Do not worry. The abrupt change in panel color is due entirely to shade and lighting. The flooring colors match precisely.
image001.jpg

ALERT: the redesigned 5 seat Model X rear cargo flooring panels have arrived, straps and all. The updated design is being installed on vehicles already delivered. My panel set was delivered to the Tesla Service Center in Sunnyvale, and I am stopping by on Tuesday, April 18, to have them installed. Both my Tesla and I are currently in Squaw Valley, and that is why I am waiting until next Tuesday to get them installed. However, I did request graphic proof of their existence. I have attached the photo from Sunnyvale. Do not worry. The abrupt change in panel color is due entirely to shade and lighting. The flooring colors match precisely.
View attachment 222290
I assume we haven't heard anything more about the final answer about the sideways 'support strut' placement or what if anything is supposed to happen about that?

The info I received from the Sunnyvale Service Center is that the rear flooring package consists of several pieces and will require an installation process, not merely just placing the panels where they belong. I will of course upload detailed pictures of every piece of the panels puzzle when it is installed next Tuesday.
Gotcha, we definitely need a detailed dissection with live action shots! ;)

Reactions: Michelx
FLOORING PANELS: The weather in Squaw Valley was windy and rainy. I used that as an excuse to head back to San Jose early, and went right to Tesla Sunnyvale. The 5 seat Model X rear trunk panels are installed. The kit comes with two floor panels and one upright panel to support the floor panel that is closest to the rear of the back seats. There are three very sturdy plastic inserts that attach the bottom of the upright support panel solidly to the flooring. All panels are 1.125 inches thick and very solid. The forward panel covers the greatest span. I knelt in the middle of it and there was zero deflection. I weigh 168 lbs. There is a plastic attachment at the rear corners of the forward flooring panel that connects to the existing plastic supports attached to the vehicle once the support covers are removed (see pictures). There is approximately a one inch gap between the forward flooring panel and the back of the rear seat bench to accommodate the recline on the rear seats. Can something fall into it? Yes. Should there be a flexible attachment/extension to the forward flooring panel that moves back and forth to keep the gap covered? Yup. Do I care? No.
Here are the pictures divided into 3 posts.

IMG_2804.JPG
IMG_2805.JPG
IMG_2806.JPG
IMG_2807.JPG
IMG_2808.JPG
IMG_2809.JPG
IMG_2810.JPG
IMG_2811.JPG
IMG_2812.JPG
IMG_2813.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Fiddler and MP3Mike
@Kincaid you say "updated" panels. Besides the leather loop how do you see them differing from what I have?

You mean other than your flooring panels were unfairly delivered in December, you could show off two golf bags neatly resting on a flat surface in your rear trunk, and I had to wait until April?

One peculiar difference I notice is that the three "Top Tether" signs on the rear of your back seats appear to be higher above the top of the finished flooring panel than mine are. I think your upright support panel may be attached in a different way than mine and at a lower level.

My upright support panel can be lifted up from the plastic inserts onto which it is pressed, although lifting it up is not easy. I had the honor of pressing it into place on top of the three plastic supports.

It's been a long wait, and I am happy with the results. The secret storage compartments below the finished flooring panels are a wonderful bonus. Another bonus feature I have particularly come to enjoy and which has influenced my driving style is the feature to which we have all become accustomed: quick deceleration when taking the foot off the acceleration pedal. I have basically been driving the car in a style that makes needing to use the brakes almost unnecessary. I've driven 5.5K miles since December 22, have used my garage charging station a total of 4 times, for about 4 hours each time. The rest of the time I have been supercharging for free, and that includes trips back and forth to Squaw Valley, down to Carmel, and up to San Fran. Superchargers are everywhere around here. Heck, it's all fun. I think we're all driving the best car on the road.

Thank you very much, @Kincaid. And impressive amount of detail there and I believe the first look at how the vertical panel attaches.

It seems we also learn the vertical support panel is called "MX GAP HIDER" and has a -B ending part number, confirming the evolution that it has already been updated at least once...

Reactions: Fiddler