Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The most current configuration has leather straps a the back edges of both the front and rear panels, not the spring loaded thing on the rear panel you see on the photo, or nothing at all on the front panel.

Take a look at these photos that @TechVP posted earlier:

Tesla X100D 5 Seater 3.25.2017

Also, I can't tell if this is visible on these photos, I personally saw one of these at a delivery last Tuesday, and there is now a big Tesla 'T' emblem woven into the fabric of the forward upper panel. Sorry, but I didn't take a photo. Didn't think it would show up, but it definitely shows up in person. Very classy.

Hmm, so perhaps there's an even newer iteration. Mine does not have the "T" logo on the forward upper panel.

Attachments

• IMG_9190.JPG
    IMG_9190.JPG
    956.4 KB · Views: 74
The most current configuration has leather straps a the back edges of both the front and rear panels, not the spring loaded thing on the rear panel you see on the photo, or nothing at all on the front panel.

Also, I can't tell if this is visible on these photos, I personally saw one of these at a delivery last Tuesday, and there is now a big Tesla 'T' emblem woven into the fabric of the forward upper panel. Sorry, but I didn't take a photo. Didn't think it would show up, but it definitely shows up in person. Very classy.
Was what you saw something like this? Some of the service centers have a logo cutout and after vacuuming, they just raise the nap in the opposite direction. It's not permanent.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 5.52.27 PM.png

Was what you saw something like this? Some of the service centers have a logo cutout and after vacuuming, they just raise the nap in the opposite direction. It's not permanent.

That is so disappointing, Bonnie. That is exactly what it was. And here I thought they had come up with something cool that would show off nicely. Turns out it's only for a while.

That is so disappointing, Bonnie. That is exactly what it was. And here I thought they had come up with something cool that would show off nicely. Turns out it's only for a while.
Well, some enterprising forum member could create a template so that anyone could reproduce in their car :). It would be a great incentive to vacuum frequently.

Sorry to burst the bubble ...

@AnxietyRanger

3 new photos added. They are ordered as the last 3 in the sequence.
There is a photo that is labeled where the sun is being exposed to the panel surface, and where the surface is in the shadow. And the same photo w/o the labels. And finally a photo that is all shadow.

Here is the reason for the difference in appearance:
The seat back carpet is approx 3 to 5 mm thick. The panels very nice cover fabric (for lack of a better word) is maybe 1mm thick.

To my eyes, the color itself is close in a way I would consider it a match.
The back seat carpet will appear different in texture, with its 3-5mm depth. Where the panels are a very nice cover, and not carpet.

Let me know if this helps?

Thank you.

This photo from @Kincaid shows the color difference on the panels themselves: the rearmost panel here is the old 6/7 seater panel, which is lighter than the forward 5 seater extra panel. In your car the rearmost panel has the same darker color as the forward 5 seater extra panel.

I wonder if these panels also have different height/depth in the material:

crgotrnk-jpg.220311

Thank you.

This photo from @Kincaid shows the color difference on the panels themselves: the rearmost panel here is the old 6/7 seater panel, which is lighter than the forward 5 seater extra panel. In your car the rearmost panel has the same darker color as the forward 5 seater extra panel.

crgotrnk-jpg.220311
For whatever it's worth, AnxientyRanger, I couldn't discern a color difference between the panels on the Model X I saw delivered 3 days ago. But since you're from the EU, I'm more interested in that Norway car we saw photos of a while back; the one with a panel that covered the well area for a flat contiguous lower cargo floor. Did anything else come of that?

Thank you.

crgotrnk-jpg.220311

This is exactly how mine looks. Did I get lucky by having all the parts delivered from the get go?

This is exactly how mine looks. Did I get lucky by having all the parts delivered from the get go?
Yes you did,,,,me too. The ONLY difference is leather loops. We have plastic feet, we have hidden cargo tie downs (just found them both today after 3 months of ownership as a result of this thread).

Today I bought a storage container to fit under the large floor piece. It will be filled with heavy things so that it will also act as a floor support. I picked this up at Home Depot but will do more search to find something better. Perhaps I'll make one out of wood this summer. Accessory suppliers are you listening?

Sorry for the sun glare.
tstorage 001.JPG
tstorage 002.JPG
tstorage 003.JPG

Reactions: jgrgnt and MP3Mike
For whatever it's worth, AnxientyRanger, I couldn't discern a color difference between the panels on the Model X I saw delivered 3 days ago. But since you're from the EU, I'm more interested in that Norway car we saw photos of a while back; the one with a panel that covered the well area for a flat contiguous lower cargo floor. Did anything else come of that?

Unfortunately I have heard nothing about this:

HVAC for 5-Seater Model X

Would be an interesting part for sure! Even for those 6/7-seaters to split that well into two levels...

Also note how different the vertical support panel is - no shaped cut-outs to the sides!

5-seat-norway-2-jpg.216844

Last edited:
Hi,

we finally got ours yesterday evening at 10 PM, last of nine (!) March 31 deliveries here in Luxembourg.

Front upper panel with leather strap, rear upper panel with handle - and marked "7 seater".

Last night at delivery, and this morning, I tried out the various ways of positioning these panels.

Both panels will fit snugly behind the rear bench - good news #1!

A lower floor panel from a Model S (FL) will snugly cover the rearmost "well" of the Model X - good news #2!

Yesterday I put it in in the same direction as in the Model S (small flap at the rear). Because the rear of the trunk of the Model S is slightly curved, this leaves a minimal (± 1 cm) gap towards the outside. If you install the panel the other way around, this gap will be closed by the recess at the front edge of the "well" - but it will not look as nice. I have ordered a Model S panel and will post pictures (and price !) when it arrives.

We also noted two recessed attachments (presumably for a luggage cover/roll-up blind) in the front part of the side walls, plus two corresponding cutouts in the rear hatch - so there might still be a hope for this item.

Then our daily configuration would be to stow the panels behind the rear bench, put in the "well cover" from the Model S, close the cover/blind, and enjoy a BIG, tall and regularly shaped luggage compartment, while still having the possibility of a flat loading floor reinstalling the panels and folding the rear seat backs.

Apart from that, the Model X is a dream - some minor FWD alignment issues, but nothing serious.

Hi,

we finally got ours yesterday evening at 10 PM, last of nine (!) March 31 deliveries here in Luxembourg.

Front upper panel with leather strap, rear upper panel with handle - and marked "7 seater".

Last night at delivery, and this morning, I tried out the various ways of positioning these panels.

Both panels will fit snugly behind the rear bench - good news #1!

A lower floor panel from a Model S (FL) will snugly cover the rearmost "well" of the Model X - good news #2!

Yesterday I put it in in the same direction as in the Model S (small flap at the rear). Because the rear of the trunk of the Model S is slightly curved, this leaves a minimal (± 1 cm) gap towards the outside. If you install the panel the other way around, this gap will be closed by the recess at the front edge of the "well" - but it will not look as nice. I have ordered a Model S panel and will post pictures (and price !) when it arrives.

We also noted two recessed attachments (presumably for a luggage cover/roll-up blind) in the front part of the side walls, plus two corresponding cutouts in the rear hatch - so there might still be a hope for this item.

Then our daily configuration would be to stow the panels behind the rear bench, put in the "well cover" from the Model S, close the cover/blind, and enjoy a BIG, tall and regularly shaped luggage compartment, while still having the possibility of a flat loading floor reinstalling the panels and folding the rear seat backs.

Apart from that, the Model X is a dream - some minor FWD alignment issues, but nothing serious.
This is an interesting take. Looking forward to the results.

Thanks Jrogville for the explanation.

Other than the leather straps, my BOARDS look identical. I actually like the spring loaded latch for the rear board better than the leather strap. However my forward board has NO PULL of any kind.

• Informative
Reactions: beths11

Other than the leather straps, my BOARDS look identical. I actually like the spring loaded latch for the rear board better than the leather strap. However my forward board has NO PULL of any kind.

The spring loaded latch board was originally designed for the 6/7 seater. Tesla seems to have gone towards the leather loops for the 5 seater, for both boards, though execution has been delayed as we have seen with various temporary stages.

Interesting to see whether the leather looped rear panel will show up in future 6/7 seaters as well, or if the spring loaded latch remains there.

I think in the case of your design, I think they originally thought that nothing was needed at the forward panel because you would pull the rear panel out first and then would be able to just lift the forward panel up from below.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiddler and beths11