Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery E-Mails Incoming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did you see anything about that, or is it just speculation?

I just placed a reservation last weekend for a 5-seat LR AWD with black interior + FSD. Haven’t seen anything about a delivery date yet; figured I was saving a place in line for later in the year but if it comes up now, so be it ...
Speculation since that's how they've done it in the past and one would assume that's how they're doing it with the Y. You'll notice a lot of the current Tesla owners posting they received the delivery confirmation.

This is the note from Tesla during the 3 process. Elon has always been high on loyalty.
"Thank You
Your reservation is confirmed

Model 3 production is scheduled to begin in late 2017. North American deliveries will be first, followed by Europe, Asia and Pacific countries then countries with right-hand drive configurations. Those who own Model S or Model X cars will be offered priority production slots as a special thanks for supporting the Tesla mission."

Reactions: pdqgolf
Speculation since that's how they've done it in the past and one would assume that's how they're doing it with the Y. You'll notice a lot of the current Tesla owners posting they received the delivery confirmation.

This is the note from Tesla during the 3 process. Elon has always been high on loyalty.
"Thank You
Your reservation is confirmed

Model 3 production is scheduled to begin in late 2017. North American deliveries will be first, followed by Europe, Asia and Pacific countries then countries with right-hand drive configurations. Those who own Model S or Model X cars will be offered priority production slots as a special thanks for supporting the Tesla mission."
To be honest, I don't think it makes a difference. I have seen people that ordered very recently to people that have not owned a Tesla in the past all receive confirmations.

I think it really just chalks up to:
  • Location (no Canadians yet...though it was very obviously stated that Canadian orders are to be in mid-2020)
  • Interior color: only black interiors fulfilled right now
  • FSD: To boost sales, looks like they are offering it to people who included FSD
I think Tesla is just making their vehicles in batches on a first come first serve basis...If you meet the demands of FSD, Black Interior, 5 seats, and live in the States you are more likely to get an e-mail. They're even e-mailing people who've ordered 7-seats to see if they want to move down to 5-seats to secure an early delivery right now.

This all comes down to far less pre-orders on the books than initially anticipated. Unless lots of people ordered the RWD. Which might have been the case cause that thread is a couple pages long =P.

To be honest, that’s an assumption I wouldn’t make. Tesla today is very different than Tesla of even 3 years ago. The size, scope and scale of the customer base is orders of magnitude different than it was then.

I’ve got a Y reservation, and own a 3, and don’t expect that to even enter the equation, to be honest.

In fact, I’d say anecdotally, it means nothing. For example, I received a text message the other day congratulating me on the Y order; and asking if I’d like to come by to test drive a Model 3 ....

If they were concerned about prior owners, they’d have known that I already drive a Model 3 every single day.

So I’m not sure that carrying “prior owner” status means much this go around, or they wouldn’t be trying to talk me into the car I already own.

All this said, I only placed my reservation last week, so I expect to be at the end of the line. And that’s OK - it’s only a speculative replacement for our Enclave; I’d actually prefer to see one in person first so we can compare cargo room. I know it’ll be smaller but it’s the “how much smaller” that’s going to matter....

No rhyme or reason for folks getting emails. So far, the only thing for sure is folks with white interior and 7 seat are not getting deliveries in March.

People all over the country are getting delivery emails.
People who ordered performance and non performance are getting emails.
People who ordered day 1 and some who ordered 2 weeks ago are getting emails.
People who own Tesla’s and people who have never owed a Tesla are getting emails.

There are folks that tick off all the right boxes that are not getting emails. Ordered early, Performance, black interior, 5 seat, FSD. Nothing.

Reactions: K5TRX and Matsayz
No rhyme or reason for folks getting emails. So far, the only thing for sure is folks with white interior and 7 seat are not getting deliveries in March.

People all over the country are getting delivery emails.
People who ordered performance and non performance are getting emails.
People who ordered day 1 and some who ordered 2 weeks ago are getting emails.
People who own Tesla’s and people who have never owed a Tesla are getting emails.

There are folks that tick off all the right boxes that are not getting emails. Ordered early, Performance, black interior, 5 seat, FSD. Nothing.
We got the notice to prepare for delivery. White/ White performance.

Screenshot_20200226-212451_Chrome.jpg
We got the notice to prepare for delivery. White/ White performance.

Same. Performance White on Black. No emails, was available when logged on account. I had chosen cash as the payment option, uploaded driver license and insurance information.

Looks like they tacked on $100 order fee. Something new, eventhough I pre ordered $2,500.

Last edited:
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I have NOT received the email from Tesla. Three weeks ago, I ordered a LR4WD in MSM, 19" wheels, and black/white interior with no FSD. I decided to head over to my Tesla account to see what , if anything, was happening. When I went to 'Manage my Model Y account', I got the "Prepare for Delivery" screens and filled out all the info on delivery location, drivers license, insurance, trade-in and payment arrangements. Got a promise that they would review my inputs and provide contract documents. Have no idea what's going on...we do have an S and a 3, but I thought white interiors were not happening yet.

Vistan

Reactions: DennyL