Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
makes sense. I was thinking of my costs. There was a similar debate with SR 3 having a metal roof. But Elon decided to standardize. (somedays I wish they hadn't with AZ sun) I use a cover, but will have a buy a bigger one for Y

Yep. And another current example is the rumor that the updated model-3 "highland" will get a bigger 15 inch screen which is cool, but actually done so that all Teslas including the X and S use the exact same monitor part.

If you are lucky enough to be able to take the full $7500 credit the new SR-AWD is now about the same price as the old SR-RWD was in 2021.

2 years later, after inflation, probably a better build, and the 2nd motor tossed in. And if you are patient the price will come down even further as Austin, Texas ramps up.

f0ecfa41a3a86bb7928f33c32e4f68711fa5258db16f5211045c8a14c3d3aea0.png

If you are lucky enough to be able to take the full $7500 credit the new SR-AWD is now about the same price as the old SR-RWD was in 2021.

2 years later, after inflation, probably a better build, and the 2nd motor tossed in. And if you are patient the price will come down even further as Austin, Texas ramps up.

f0ecfa41a3a86bb7928f33c32e4f68711fa5258db16f5211045c8a14c3d3aea0.png

change in color scheme but same source data. With a few new updates added.

272a5fb60824197499555a74c6d335778dcbc76ab39fbefe36cda1e23d4fb74e.png

Are you still predicting the price will come down even further as Austin, Texas ramps up more?

Also side note will be visiting Katy TX next week and debating whether worth it to drive up to GigaTX? I know they don't do tours :( I think they should for rez. holders :)

Are you still predicting the price will come down even further as Austin, Texas ramps up more?

Also side note will be visiting Katy TX next week and debating whether worth it to drive up to GigaTX? I know they don't do tours :( I think they should for rez. holders :)
It’s a 3.5 hour drive, each way. You may be interested in visiting Mecca, but it’s an all day investment from Katy. You won’t see much and the surrounding areas are unimpressive.

Yes, I think Model Y supply will continue to ramp and Cybertruck supply will be added to that (some overlap in customers).

I'm not predicting by the week or month, or even quarter, but I expect lower prices for the Model Y to come later this year.

Reactions: vickh
It’s a 3.5 hour drive, each way. You may be interested in visiting Mecca, but it’s an all day investment from Katy. You won’t see much and the surrounding areas are unimpressive.
Mecca is right ;)

I've used to live in ATX (Lakeway) many years ago. That was 2.5 hrs from Katy. I think GigaTX is on the right side of town w/o ATX traffic. Are there any areas that I can eat lunch around there, at least

Yes, I think Model Y supply will continue to ramp and Cybertruck supply will be added to that (some overlap in customers).

I'm not predicting by the week or month, or even quarter, but I expect lower prices for the Model Y to come later this year.

I was expecting a faster ramp at Texas. At this rate the price drop I'm looking for might slide into next year.

1689410577342-png.956428

I was expecting a faster ramp at Texas. At this rate the price drop I'm looking for might slide into next year.

1689410577342-png.956428
They are cell constrained, even 2170. China was not as cell constrained with LFP, more available labor, etc. looks like they are about half speed of the china ramp. 4680 is likely being reserved more CT ramp and maybe Semi so not as many are flowing into vehicles at this point.

They are cell constrained, even 2170. China was not as cell constrained with LFP, more available labor, etc. looks like they are about half speed of the china ramp. 4680 is likely being reserved more CT ramp and maybe Semi so not as many are flowing into vehicles at this point.

CT just started rolling of the lot. Wonder when they'll make the dual motor/base version? Same cell constraint