Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it was just a typo and he meant line, tbh. That is still a big step.

Yep. It's progress. For all the naysayers I got my SR 3 at the promised $35K price, albeit 3 year wait. We're all spoilt with AMZ instant/ same day delivery.

I would like a true update from the trenches @ GigaTX though b/c I will hold off on my Y purchase if the dual motor is "on the horizon"

3 months out isn't like its "rolling off the line" just yet. hype it is.
but congrats and hope you enjoy it.

Well there is hype for the sake of hype and then there is hype for a reason. The quarterly earnings report is due July 19.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the first customer delivery the day before or maybe same day as the earning date ?

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/TSLA?p=TSLA

Reactions: vickh
Well there is hype for the sake of hype and then there is hype for a reason. The quarterly earnings report is due July 19.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the first customer delivery the day before or maybe same day as the earning date ?

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/TSLA?p=TSLA
That's extremely unlikely. I get the feeling that we will see a lot more test vehicles with employees before any customer deliveries. The good thing is that they should start producing those test vehicles very soon.

Who cares if the car is going to an employee or first reserving customer. The point is that Tesla has finally produced vin/serial 000001 and production is officially underway and that the project has moved out of the pre-production phase more or less. This is the beginning of the light emerging from the end of a long 4 year tunnel. This is a step forward.

Who cares if the car is going to an employee or first reserving customer. The point is that Tesla has finally produced vin/serial 000001 and production is officially underway and that the project has moved out of the pre-production phase more or less. This is the beginning of the light emerging from the end of a long 4 year tunnel. This is a step forward.

the naysayers (even the media) are saying see how long it took them .I say watch out and buy TSLA

Also the naysayers say CT/ Y will never be the intro price. Well F is going in the right direction. Prices don't always go up:

Last edited:
I was expecting a faster ramp at Texas. At this rate the price drop I'm looking for might slide into next year.

1689410577342-png.956428
The graph above was Troy estimates, today we get confirmation in the form of

1689824486526.png

Reactions: XHabjab
the naysayers (even the media) are saying see how long it took them .I say watch out and buy TSLA

Also the naysayers say CT/ Y will never be the intro price. Well F is going in the right direction. Prices don't always go up:

Well.. yeah.. F would have to cut prices to hang with the CT. I’m a fan of Ford and have always respected them for coming out of the the ‘08 crisis without government assistance (unlike GM). I also genuinely like Farley. But… the Ford electric vehicles will probably never get even close to Tesla.. The Mach E is dead (YOY sales show this), the Lightning is cool, but lacks in a lot of areas (strongest point being that is more resembles a traditional “everyday” P/U). Once the CT gets going, Lightning and R1T won’t have much of chance.

Well.. yeah.. F would have to cut prices to hang with the CT. I’m a fan of Ford and have always respected them for coming out of the the ‘08 crisis without government assistance (unlike GM). I also genuinely like Farley. But… the Ford electric vehicles will probably never get even close to Tesla.. The Mach E is dead (YOY sales show this), the Lightning is cool, but lacks in a lot of areas (strongest point being that is more resembles a traditional “everyday” P/U). Once the CT gets going, Lightning and R1T won’t have much of chance.
If you believe the millions of people who buy “traditional everyday pickups” want to switch to the Chbertruck vs the Lightning, you should rethink that thought. That’s not saying there aren’t a lot of people waiting to buy the cybertruck but to suggest the average truck buyer hates the traditional styling and wants the futuristic cybertruck is just bad logic. That alone will keep the Lightning competitive with Cybertruck.

And your pricing comment only works if Tesla comes close to their original pricing.

If you believe the millions of people who buy “traditional everyday pickups” want to switch to the Chbertruck vs the Lightning, you should rethink that thought. That’s not saying there aren’t a lot of people waiting to buy the cybertruck but to suggest the average truck buyer hates the traditional styling and wants the futuristic cybertruck is just bad logic. That alone will keep the Lightning competitive with Cybertruck.

And your pricing comment only works if Tesla comes close to their original pricing.
not just wishful thinking.....magical thinking.
CT demand is currently measured (hyped) by $100 refundable deposits.
Traditional pickup demand is measured by actual sales to customers.
Big difference, and to date no EV can accommodate all Use cases.

CT is going to be a winner for Tesla. Traditional pickups will continue to garner robust sales for Legacy manufacturers for quite some time yet.

Reactions: advocate8
It really comes down to value, particularly price. Sure, the CT design is polarizing, but people will drive some really ugly sh!t if it's cheap enough.
And until Tesla releases pricing, we’ll see if it will be “cheap enough”. Elon tweeting about the Lightning price reduction but not offering a Tesla comparison makes me think it will be the same or higher than the base Lightning. That’s a 25% price increase from original and I think it will come with a 15-20% decrease in range so the relative value is even worse. $70k for 500 miles going to 80k for 420 miles is a rise of $50/mile which is more than 33% increase in price.

Reactions: advocate8
And until Tesla releases pricing, we’ll see if it will be “cheap enough”. Elon tweeting about the Lightning price reduction but not offering a Tesla comparison makes me think it will be the same or higher than the base Lightning. That’s a 25% price increase from original and I think it will come with a 15-20% decrease in range so the relative value is even worse. $70k for 500 miles going to 80k for 420 miles is a rise of $50/mile which is more than 33% increase in price.
Lot of assumed data there but anything is possible. With the longer range F150 at 92k and 320 miles of range I think Tesla has room to play with the numbers.

Lot of assumed data there but anything is possible. With the longer range F150 at 92k and 320 miles of range I think Tesla has room to play with the numbers.
Yes, think=assumed=I believe=my opinion. I never said it was fact. You think I’d be posting here for free if I had insider pricing knowledge? I’d either be buying a lot of stock or selling a lot depending on which side of expectations the pricing fell.