Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received notice of delivery of MYLP ordered Feb18,2022….with Notice that will be NO USS. Have to approve acceptance of no USS before can see VIN. Frustrating.
I am not accepting without USS. Its not the USS that is the issue, its the lack of parking sensors due to Tesla Vision not being ready. If Tesla Vision was ready, I would be Ok for parking assistance via Tesla Vision but the garage spot for the car is small and without guidance, I won't be able to park safely.

I wonder how this will play out. They cancel my order? I take legal route? Or they allow me to wait for Tesla Vision to catch up? I am willing to wait.

I am not accepting without USS. Its not the USS that is the issue, its the lack of parking sensors due to Tesla Vision not being ready. If Tesla Vision was ready, I would be Ok for parking assistance via Tesla Vision but the garage spot for the car is small and without guidance, I won't be able to park safely.

I wonder how this will play out. They cancel my order? I take legal route? Or they allow me to wait for Tesla Vision to catch up? I am willing to wait.
The latest 2022.40.4 update has brought back the distances on display to cars with no USS. Haven't read any reports of how accurate it is. But that didn't take long for them to bring the distance display to non-USS cars.

What was your EDD when you got your VIN? I’m in La Jolla with an EDD of Nov 8 - Nov 20. MYLR wh/blk, tow hitch
First it was 12/24-31, then Nov 18-24, then Nov 9-18 which when I got my VIN, I had a previous VIN number on a 2022 with delivery on Oct 22nd but I put my order on hold for 7 days when I learned that the 2023s were in production. Then I got notice to select delivery date. I selected the last available day 11/9. Yesterday I got a text that they have the car and I can get it earlier if I wanted to move it up and I declined changing the date. Today I drove around the delivery center and got out and looked at Ys. The lowest VIN I saw was PF588XXX and the highest I saw was PF598XXX. About 20 cars, all of them were absent USS and they all had rear parcel shelves and new style door cards with carpet on the doors. None were Austin builds.

Last edited:
Yes, that was my very first post, not sure it even worked. Picked up my Model Y on NoV1st. 2023 LR black with white int, 7 pass. It has USS and the new doors and the the double pane glass. Seems to be quieter and ride better than my friends 2020 model Y.
Ah - my post wasn’t referring to your post above mine. It was my joke about my SAs reply to my questions in the attached screenshot.

Picked up yesterday. Includes USS, old cameras, no matrix headlights. Wife drove it and commented ride was good, so I presume it has comfort suspension. Other than minor panel gap issue on the rear doors and frunk, the overall fit and finish is very good. Service center appt not needed. VIN PF5864XX
My 2023 LR has the USS, no matrix lights, new doors, seems to ride better than my friends 2020 model Y. From Freemont.

How old is the garage? Cars didn't have USS's until relatively recently, and folks parked just fine. In college, I drove transit buses to help pay for school. I learned to back up a 35' transit bus to within 4" - 6" of a line on the ground or a wall using only mirrors.

Safely parking can be done with your vision alone.

How old is the garage? Cars didn't have USS's until relatively recently, and folks parked just fine. In college, I drove transit buses to help pay for school. I learned to back up a 35' transit bus to within 4" - 6" of a line on the ground or a wall using only mirrors.

I think the point is that almost every car on the market now comes with USS and when you pay that much money for a Tesla it should come with them or something even better instead.

Reactions: golferguy

Really, you have been in my garage?

Really, you have been in my garage?
No, I haven't. I'm just asking, was it built before cars routinely had USS installed? And even if it was, it's not like you can assume cars will. You're the driver. Your senses are responsible for operating the vehicle.

Really, I'm not trying to be a jerk; I'm just trying to put it all in perspective. No offense intended.

• Disagree
Reactions: c3nsored
I think the point is that almost every car on the market now comes with USS and when you pay that much money for a Tesla it should come with them or something even better instead.
Possibly. But, if little old *me* can learn to use my eyes to judge these differences in blind spots, perhaps the computer can, too?

I DO think that they should have done testing on camera-only functionality before removing the sensors, so that features were not disabled. That is unreasonable. If they had 100% confidence in the ability based on current data, and could do it already, then the removal would have made sense. I think the problem here is that the put the car before the horse. I agree that it's not a good look, I just don't think that it's the end of the world, as there has to be some confidence within the organization that they're close to having it sorted. Not the choice I'd make, but I don't work there.

Picked up my 2023 MYLR 7 seater yesterday.
White with black interior, 3rd row was the only option added.
VIN 5874XX
Build date 10/21/22
Order date 10/13/21 (never held, declined, or modified order). 388 days.
USS: Yes
Matrix: No
Newer cameras: No
New door panels: Yes
Ride quality seems much better than my previous SR RWD Y.
It has a few quality issues that need to get fixed. Paint defect, and bald spot on the floor carpet.
A little disappointed with the cleanliness of the brand new vehicle. The dashboard was dirty and the carpets had crumbs of something on it. I’m not a picky person but a brand new car should be cleaned better than that when you are picking it up IMO.

Reactions: Xpert
Picked up my 2023 MYLR 7 seater yesterday.
White with black interior, 3rd row was the only option added.
VIN 5874XX
Build date 10/21/22
Order date 10/13/21 (never held, declined, or modified order). 388 days.
USS: Yes
Matrix: No
Newer cameras: No
New door panels: Yes
Ride quality seems much better than my previous SR RWD Y.
It has a few quality issues that need to get fixed. Paint defect, and bald spot on the floor carpet.
A little disappointed with the cleanliness of the brand new vehicle. The dashboard was dirty and the carpets had crumbs of something on it. I’m not a picky person but a brand new car should be cleaned better than that when you are picking it up IMO.
Wow. Congratulations! I bet that was a satisfying moment. That's a long time to wait.

First it was 12/24-31, then Nov 18-24, then Nov 9-18 which when I got my VIN, I had a previous VIN number on a 2022 with delivery on Oct 22nd but I put my order on hold for 7 days when I learned that the 2023s were in production. Then I got notice to select delivery date. I selected the last available day 11/9. Yesterday I got a text that they have the car and I can get it earlier if I wanted to move it up and I declined changing the date. Today I drove around the delivery center and got out and looked at Ys. The lowest VIN I saw was PF588XXX and the highest I saw was PF598XXX. About 20 cars, all of them were absent USS and they all had rear parcel shelves and new style door cards with carpet on the doors. None were Austin builds.
I’m new. How can you tell if 2023 from the VIN? And how would you tell if Fremont or Austin?