Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm back on TMC for the first time since I got my M3... I'm shamelessly using you all!

Ordered my MYLR today, black with the 20" Induction Wheels. Went for a test drive today and its so much quieter than my M3LR... the build quality seems significantly better plus loads more room for the kids who have much bigger feet these days.

Currently showing May delivery date, which the guy at the SC assured me was realistic for this spec... but I've been here before so not counting on it. For the M3 I watched the live feed of the ship through the Panama Canal... I plan to be a bit more chill about it this time.

Are all the MYLR that we are receiving in the UK are made in China?

I'm back on TMC for the first time since I got my M3... I'm shamelessly using you all!

Ordered my MYLR today, black with the 20" Induction Wheels. Went for a test drive today and its so much quieter than my M3LR... the build quality seems significantly better plus loads more room for the kids who have much bigger feet these days.

Currently showing May delivery date, which the guy at the SC assured me was realistic for this spec... but I've been here before so not counting on it. For the M3 I watched the live feed of the ship through the Panama Canal... I plan to be a bit more chill about it this time.

Are all the MYLR that we are receiving in the UK are made in China?
Yes, all made in china (MIC) for the foreseeable.

No chance are you getting it in May with the current lockdown, and others ordered in Feb/March waiting til June. Sorry.

I am not so sure Tesla will push all the build dates back and maintain chronological order, that's a worse logistical nightmare than just cancelling current builds until the next cycle.

It all depends if the factory lockdown is during the time they build the UK destined cars. If not, they'll be built as planned.

Yeh logistically speaking, if the models have arrived in the UK and your config that you ordered was already going to come after another 'Est. delivery' on the configurator that was preceding it, then no reason for everything to be shifted out.

But what do I know.. does logic prevail with Tesla!?!? :D

There were loads of date changes today and all the early May ones got moved to the back end of May. We probably will see some deliveries in May but nothing in early May anymore.

Mine remains May 13-June 08 as of today. My speculative email to Tesla only merited a “you haven’t been allocated a vehicle yet so the dates you have remain the dates expected, but they might move again” boilerplate email back from them.

• Informative
Reactions: delta0
Tesla don’t, their annual marketing spend is zero. Elon does most of it himself on twitter, and the rest is done by Youtubers etc.
$3.1billion in 2020, although according to the annual report they did reduce pure marketing by $90million in 2020. They spend huge, just not on traditional channels which allows them to make statements like 'we don't advertise'. Look I like Tesla, but I don't buy into half of the bull they tout.

• Disagree
Reactions: EVMeister
Model Y LR white with black interior on 19” wheels.

Ordered through employer (using Arval lease) with order confirmed by Tesla on March 21. It’s not visible in my account, but a direct text from Tesla on April 4 included:

Our next delivery window is set to begin in June / July 2022. You will receive updates closer towards this time via SMS regarding your order. Whilst Tesla are confident in our given delivery timeframe, these lease times are estimated and are subject to change.

$3.1billion in 2020, although according to the annual report they did reduce pure marketing by $90million in 2020. They spend huge, just not on traditional channels which allows them to make statements like 'we don't advertise'. Look I like Tesla, but I don't buy into half of the bull they tout.

$3.16 billion covers their CAPITAL EXPENDITURE (CAPEX) which encompasses a lot of things including physical assets. That most certainly is not their "advertising spend" as you seem to be implying. This is pretty OT for this thread, feel free to discuss this over in the Investors section. The nice folks over there follow Tesla's financials very closely and will clarify this sort of thing if required.

Tesla don’t buy adverts so the statement that “Tesla doesn’t advertise” is a fact.

Tesla do, however, have a budget to market the brand, but they don’t spend the money on traditional avenues. For example, they obviously don’t pay influencers, nor do they send cars en masse to journalists/reviewers (they have sent a few to the likes of Autocar but under very strict conditions). This is different to other automakers.

They produce a lot of various types of footage of their products in different environments for their socials/webpage/b-roll for people to use.

I think their latest events (Cyber Rodeo, Giga Berlin opening, Giga Berlin Fair, etc) are the marketing events that they rely on the most, and that also cost them the most. That Cyber Rodeo was HUGE and probably cost them millions. But that would be nothing compared to buying adverts and it was a faaaar better way at showing the world their products, what they’re doing and how they’re making it happen. They’re just showing off (and rightly so) at this point.

I for one and a massive fan of this approach to “marketing”. Much like everything Tesla, they do things in their own unique ways.

Edit: sorry for going OT but just felt the need to respond.

This is now me, pushed back 20 days to

May 28 - June 25​

Same here. Changed today. Went from May 8 - June 5 to May 28 - June 25.

My trade-in offer expires on May 27 so looks like I’ll need to submit another later on. Will I need to take new photos for that? The car hasn’t moved since I submitted the last ones as I am housebound with an injury just now and can’t drive at all.