Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the tip. I did look at that but felt Go was a "beginner" plan for a new EV owner. We're going to have to make some adjustments to our lifestyle (using washer/drier at night, etc) so Go felt like a safer bet but as there are no exit fees, I'll definitely look at that once I'm more comfortable.
I've worked in the last few months to halve our electricity bill - and bumping all our appliances to overnight was one of the biggest ways. We're lucky to have timers on the washing machine, dryer and dishwasher.....also found unplugging the M3 during hot days meant that cabin overheat protection didn't suckle on the home supply, and used the battery instead.....

How long does collection typically take? My wife is keen to hang around and drive back in convoy, and our toddler will be with her.
Technically it can take as little as 10min. Sign the iPad at the pickup booth, get your keycards and drive away.

But the recommended method is to thoroughly inspect the car (check out apps/lists like TeslaPrep) on site to make any delivery comments / disputes immediately.
The better part of hour without having the pressure of the wife and toddler next to you can help. YMMV…

Technically it can take as little as 10min. Sign the iPad at the pickup booth, get your keycards and drive away.

But the recommended method is to thoroughly inspect the car (check out apps/lists like TeslaPrep) on site to make any delivery comments / disputes immediately.
The better part of hour without having the pressure of the wife and toddler next to you can help. YMMV…
Tesla Prep... this should help with delivery/pick up inspection

The rates are slightly different - I use the Octopus Compare app to check, and it's consistently cheaper for us to use 'Intelligent' - The main difference is that Octopus control the charging hours for the car, rather than the car itself. I was apprehensive, but it's worked really well for us. For example on Wednesday the car charged from 00:30-12:30, then 01:00-4:00. The day before there was an 'extra' slot put in from 6:30-7:30 which was great as my morning toast and kettle boil went in on the cheap rate!

Here's the compare from yesterday.....
Yes currently on Octopus Go but can’t swap to Intelligent till get car and its plugged into charger apparently. Roll on 3rd Sept and that they can connect to car…….

Reactions: ME_UK and MattM76
If anyone would like to know the cost comparison from GoFaster (or any other) vs price caps, I created a small formula below. I can plonk your energy numbers in should you wish. I personally went with 8.25p to get the extra hours for the car overnight. Car kWh is rough, give or take with driving styles.

Everyone's usage is different of course, but to get the gist. This doesnt include shifting house load to off peak (which would make it cheaper) And we will know the predicted come tomorrow. It also doesn't include to predicted cap increase in Jan.

I hope this helps.

8.25p

1661422818756.png

7.5p

1661423075071.png

Last edited:
Tried to get a quote from Churchill but no quote offered. Business use for two drivers (20+ years on license, no claims). I think the "507bhp" scares insurers!

Will have to settle with Admiral at £1200 a year. Hopefully premiums will come down over the next 6-12 months! Still, it's costing me £200/month in diesel so still winning (just!). I have a quote reference with a price held until 24/9 so when I get my reg, I'll complete it.

Reactions: _Dave_
Tried to get a quote from Churchill but no quote offered. Business use for two drivers (20+ years on license, no claims). I think the "507bhp" scares insurers!

Will have to settle with Admiral at £1200 a year. Hopefully premiums will come down over the next 6-12 months! Still, it's costing me £200/month in diesel so still winning (just!). I have a quote reference with a price held until 24/9 so when I get my reg, I'll complete it.
If you were on SDP+commute with not much commuting you’d have been less. On a different topic, are you flogging your old car to WBAC or similar. I’m at that stage now as my insurance is set up for Tesla pickup on 28th sept and I can pay the balance in next couple of weeks ahead of this. Just need the old X3 to sell.

Reactions: MattM76

Have a look at XC40 twin motor which is also high powered and just as fast- very low insurance indeed. We can only hope the premium come down in time. Perhaps it’s because lots of BMW drivers are switching to Tesla ( least said about implications …)

• Funny
Reactions: WllXM
Have a look at XC40 twin motor which is also high powered and just as fast- very low insurance indeed. We can only hope the premium come down in time. Perhaps it’s because lots of BMW drivers are switching to Tesla ( least said about implications …)
As discussed a couple days ago on this thread my take is that is has more to do with the high cost and length of time of repairs due to the lack of spare parts and few Tesla approved garages, so unfortunately outside our control at the moment...

Ouch, got the trade in price just now; £3300 in May, £1100 now.
Was it ‘motorway’ I’ve seen people mention?
I kinda want to just have minimal hassle and drop it off with Tesla as I pick up etc, but that’s a big drop off in price! (Hardly unusual)