Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah already paid registration 10 days ago for full year on my current car, and sales tax went up as well lol starting Jul 1...so they can take 10 as well
My SA said car just finished production, hasn't finished inspection yet. He is out for next 2 days and said he'll reach out wednesday or after
I wonder what it’s like having and SA that literally does anything at all. Or even better, I wonder what it’s like to have a sales center that even picks up their phone.

Reactions: Funkyjuju
Yeah already paid registration 10 days ago for full year on my current car, and sales tax went up as well lol starting Jul 1...so they can take 10 as well
My SA said car just finished production, hasn't finished inspection yet. He is out for next 2 days and said he'll reach out wednesday or after
Just out of curiosity what is California charging for registration these days? In Oregon it is $953 for four years.

Holy sh it. That seems a little excessive...
This is in large part caused by Gov. Newsom administration. They increased the gas tax on vehicle registrations for EV vehicles in the state to make up for the lost revenue from those vehicles. You would think for a state that is trying to push EV adoption they would help incentivize by keeping costs lower than ICE vehicles. But again what do I know, that makes too much sense.

Reactions: Vin_L
This is in large part caused by Gov. Newsom administration. They increased the gas tax on vehicle registrations for EV vehicles in the state to make up for the lost revenue from those vehicles. You would think for a state that is trying to push EV adoption they would help incentivize by keeping costs lower than ICE vehicles. But again what do I know, that makes too much sense.

I may be mistaken but I believe that the surcharge fee was instituted by Gov. Brown administration. So long as the surcharge averages out to the gas taxes I would pay, I don't have an issue with it. I'm already getting a $1500 rebate and 4 years access to carpool lanes .

Here in am in Seattle, wishing I was paying that little for my registration.

1627315090631.png

I wonder what it’s like having and SA that literally does anything at all. Or even better, I wonder what it’s like to have a sales center that even picks up their phone.
Wish I can say. Once my SA at Lake Forest center placed my order any email or phone calls do not get answered. I literally have to visit the location to get any response. Her voice box was always full. After speaking with the store manager I now get responses to my email.

You are not alone in this experience. I understand high demand but answering an email takes just minutes that can be done during downtime. My co-workers that have Tesla have a mixed experience with some sharing the same experience I have while others have been given white-glove treatment. It comes down to the work ethic of the individual SA.

I wished I got the name of the good SA from my co-workers and just contacted them directly. 😁

Reactions: Funkyjuju
How are you figuring this? I just went to the Oregon DMV website and I get $517.50 for an EV. That is $187 title, $24.50 plates, and $306 registration. Am I missing something?
Is that for two years? Remember when you buy a new car you are charged for the first four years at time of purchase. I THINK it runs about $700ish every two years after. Plus at time of purchase you have the new car tax of .5%

Here's the breakdown from the DMV.ca.gov website. Assuming LA County: $617
  • Current Registration $61.00
  • Current California Highway Patrol $28.00
  • Current Vehicle License Fee $348.00
  • Current County Service Authority For Freeway Emergencies Fee $1.00
  • Current Fingerprint ID Fee $1.00
  • Current Air Quality Management District $6.00
  • Current South Coast Air Basin $1.00
  • Alt Fuel/Tech Reg Fee $3.00
  • Current Vehicle Theft/DUI $22.00
  • Current Transportation Improvement Fee $165.00
  • Reflectorized License Plate Fee $1.00

Here's the breakdown from the DMV.ca.gov website. Assuming LA County: $617
  • Current Registration $61.00
  • Current California Highway Patrol $28.00
  • Current Vehicle License Fee $348.00
  • Current County Service Authority For Freeway Emergencies Fee $1.00
  • Current Fingerprint ID Fee $1.00
  • Current Air Quality Management District $6.00
  • Current South Coast Air Basin $1.00
  • Alt Fuel/Tech Reg Fee $3.00
  • Current Vehicle Theft/DUI $22.00
  • Current Transportation Improvement Fee $165.00
  • Reflectorized License Plate Fee $1.00
I'm not even going to start on that pile of BS....

• Funny
Reactions: Anteojito