Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd love to have a soft delivery date. The latest info in my account is, "review documents," which is grayed out. I guess when the soft delivery is set the blue button will be active and I can move forward. Anyone else have the same experience? I'm hoping for a delivery date at the end of August, right?
Contact your SA, and ask what your "gate date" is. If they say they don't know contact another SA. They will usually share that, but again it's not set in stone and will move and cause your EDD's to move as well.

I'd love to have a soft delivery date. The latest info in my account is, "review documents," which is grayed out. I guess when the soft delivery is set the blue button will be active and I can move forward. Anyone else have the same experience? I'm hoping for a delivery date at the end of August, right?
I see the grayed out Review Documents in my account too. It showed up a few weeks ago and made me hope something would happen soon on the delivery front, but not so far. I think end of the month delivery at this point will be a stretch. I’m guessing most May orders will be rushed out by end of Q3, but who knows!

AKA "soft date", the tentative build date for your tesla, i.e. the date when your tesla is built and completed.
Really wish the soft match date was reliable. It's Not!! My soft match date has changed at least a few times in the last 2-3 weeks. Who knows it might change just as often as the Tesla app. Beginning of August it was the 14th, then when MY Vin did not arrive I went to SC who told me August 22nd. Stopped by yesterday and now it is August 28th. ERRRRR!!!!! 😡🤬Beyond frustrated!!

I see the grayed out Review Documents in my account too. It showed up a few weeks ago and made me hope something would happen soon on the delivery front, but not so far. I think end of the month delivery at this point will be a stretch. I’m guessing most May orders will be rushed out by end of Q3, but who knows!
Yeah, so end of Q3 is September? That would be 4 months since placing my order!

Ordered a White Exterior - Black Interior MY / 20” / No FSD on 5/22... EDD is currently August 21 - September 4. The dates just gradually keep on getting pushed out each day. No VIN so far. Gut feeling is that it'll just be a September quarter-end delivery at best or maybe just pushed to October.

We are the Last of the Mayicans!
I wonder how many of us May YLR orders are still waiting?
When I ordered in May, the SA told me I would get my car in September. Stopped by the showroom the other day, the SA checked on my order and thought it would be the first two weeks of September. We all have to be in the EOQ delivery push, right?!?
Stay strong May orders!!

I really thought it was going to be mid- to late-August based on how end of April, early May orders were being filled, but it seems like VINs are down to a slow trickle again. At this point, I'm just hopeful that it's End of 3Q and not longer. Looks like my ChargePoint, which was also out of stock and delayed has shipped, so there's that.

I really thought it was going to be mid- to late-August based on how end of April, early May orders were being filled, but it seems like VINs are down to a slow trickle again. At this point, I'm just hopeful that it's End of 3Q and not longer. Looks like my ChargePoint, which was also out of stock and delayed has shipped, so there's that.
East Coast VINs are happening today. We’re next!

Delivery today

Attachments

• 862C3762-735D-4558-B1FD-883E7950CB20.jpeg
    862C3762-735D-4558-B1FD-883E7950CB20.jpeg
    922.4 KB · Views: 43