Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the spreadsheet is pretty much the most authoritative source of information (if there actually is one at all!), so it would appear nothing coming to Europe for a good few weeks.
Website now says August delivery for model 3 orders, so who the hell knows.

Just sit tight, enjoy summer (such as it is!), stop wishing your life away and when the day comes the day comes :)

• Informative
Reactions: fakoriginal
Nothing whatsoever from any of the usual tracking sources. There was an image early last week of the port in SFO containing no more than 100 or so cars.

Im happy for the early receivers but I think its madness to just make a couple of hundred and introduce them here without anything in the pipeline to follow up with. Would have been better to hold off until August make 80 to 100% of orders in one go and ship in one containers. Particularly if production of LHD needs to stop for a run of RHD’s to begin. Norway have apparently received 5000 in Q2.

People’s frustration clearly stems from this June delivery guidance when the order page opened along with the staff not being able to share any insight on what can be expected next now.

Maybe there will now be a special run of a weeks worth of RHD’s which could feasibility get here for end of July. Poor expectation management anyhow.

Has there been any more information on UK bound ships? Checked the spreadsheet and I can't see anything listed. Wondered if anybody had been given any update information..
I follow Morten in Norway who tracks the ships, as well as the guy in SF (on Twitter, not in person) and neither have reported a build up in cars at SF ready to ship, or any more departures since the one heading to China.

TLDR: the spreadsheet is correct.

I spoke to sales in CS Heathrow regarding my order which ends 2830 and VIN, This is what I recieved

Unfortunately as this is all new to us I don’t have any idea. The first ones that arrived were 5 days before as they were matched as soon as they arrived in the UK but we may have more visibility with the next lot to allow delivery to assign more in advance but we don’t know yet.

Anyone know what the M3 UK order number roughly stands at?

My order number is in the 3400’s, ordered 10 May and not a reservation holder.

Perhaps anyone who has ordered an M3 recently (last day or two) could let us know the last 5 digits of your order number.

Thanks!

The very knowledgeable guy at Tesla Heathrow said that Model 3's would be trained to east coast and shipped from there to Tilburn (?), just like S and X, the latter being reassembled in Europe as I understand to reduce import duty.

So it came as a big surprise that M3's started being shipped from West Coast.

I wonder if this may have been a quicker but more expensive route, just to get some early headline making deliveries in by end of June, and from now on, they may revert to business as usual, just like the S and X to keep costs down and better margins.

So is it possible we are looking for them in the wrong side of America?

Reactions: LEE3
People’s frustration clearly stems from this June delivery guidance when the order page opened along with the staff not being able to share any insight on what can be expected next now.

Again, I totally agree with @LEE3 which is why I think much of this 'negative' speculation from others with their perceived 'knowledge' is most likely off the mark.

I follow Morten in Norway who tracks the ships, as well as the guy in SF (on Twitter, not in person) and neither have reported a build up in cars at SF ready to ship, or any more departures since the one heading to China

That's a waste of energy in my opinion. Unless you enjoy foraging for information of course. Then I expect it's quite a lot of fun. But I just think their information is more likely just missing information.

Anyone know what the M3 UK order number roughly stands at?

My order number is in the 3400’s, ordered 10 May and not a reservation holder.

Perhaps anyone who has ordered an M3 recently (last day or two) could let us know the last 5 digits of your order number.

I ordered on 7th May and my order number is just shy of 3000 which suggests between 400 and 500 orders placed in those 3 days.

5,131 reported on 17th June. I haven't seen any higher than that.

So is it the assumption that around 3,500 orders were placed in the first 10 days? It would therefore follow that only a further 1,630 odd orders placed in the following 38 days? That would mean a drop in order rate from 2,500 per week to 300 per week.

I have no idea what this means, probably more pointless speculation and guesswork. Interesting though. I'll join the fun of searching for more pointless information and take a look at that spreadsheet and add my details. The order rate would be interesting to plot on a graph.

The very knowledgeable guy at Tesla Heathrow said that Model 3's would be trained to east coast and shipped from there to Tilburn (?), just like S and X, the latter being reassembled in Europe as I understand to reduce import duty.

So it came as a big surprise that M3's started being shipped from West Coast.

I wonder if this may have been a quicker but more expensive route, just to get some early headline making deliveries in by end of June, and from now on, they may revert to business as usual, just like the S and X to keep costs down and better margins.

So is it possible we are looking for them in the wrong side of America?

I can't say I have experience shipping cars from the West coast of the USA, but I do have extensive experience over the past 20 years shipping containers of fresh produce from there to the UK. It most certainly won't be the same, however what I can say is that shipping by rail overland to a port on the east coast (known as 'minilandbridge') is both more expensive and considerably quicker than the 'all-water' route via the Panama canal. You wouldn't see the cars piling up on a quayside in SFO either.

I was just coming to post this

So this is potentially just more missing information and not actually reliable information at all.

Yeah, the 1,000 that were reported to be on the Grand Mark don't appear to have turned up anywhere yet. It only seems like the 300 from the Grand Dahlia have so far been delivered to customers.

If they ever existed they will be on the way. VIN number registrations are another notoriously unreliable information source.

I can't say I have experience shipping cars from the West coast of the USA, but I do have extensive experience over the past 20 years shipping containers of fresh produce from there to the UK. It most certainly won't be the same, however what I can say is that shipping by rail overland to a port on the east coast (known as 'minilandbridge') is both more expensive and considerably quicker than the 'all-water' route via the Panama canal. You wouldn't see the cars piling up on a quayside in SFO either.

Tesla guy said that it took over 4 weeks to train west to east coast then ship Tilburg which is backed up in this thread Order to delivery times - 11/01 to 19/02 considerably longer than shipping west coast direct to Tilburg.

Image borrowed from linked thread.

EA933D11-3A15-4C00-BE7E-060B4987D06C.jpeg

Don't know about cost, but I understand the disassembly/reassembly reduces duty which may offset any extra costs going cross country route ?

Any evidence of RHD in SFO and if they are, are they UK bound or for other Pacific RHD countries like NZ, Australia or Japan? We are not the only people waiting on RHD cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: -DB-
I have just added my details to the spreadsheet...quite depressing to be the last one :)

Funny enough I had a pre order on the day it got announced....then lost my hopes and cancelled it...!

I wonder why Tesla don't fix the website with a more realistic delivery date though....when I order it a couple of weeks ago it was showing July...and now it is just August...but it looks like we are not going to have any joy for the next few months right?