Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go into the source code and search for 'estimated delivery' (ctrl-f).

I recently talked to the delivery people (11th) and they said that my SR+ (white with black interior and tow bar) was on a train to Philadelphia pulling in that day. If you look at Philadelphia harbour on Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic - VesselFinder you can see that the only vehicle carrier in the harbour is the Honor. I think I'm going to be tracking this lovely vessel from now on.

always wonder how one even gets into a job like that :s
When I was a child my next-door-but-one neighbour was the Chief Pilot of the docks at Barrow - where they build warships and submarines - and as Vickers Choice Pilot was in charge of all the launches (they did it properly in those days, with slipways and a big splash - none of this shiplift nonsense they have now!).

He joined Trinity House (who run the pilots) from the Merchant Navy - during his time in which he'd been a captain in the war on convoy duties, had been sunk by U-boats twice, and had developed the most amazing people skills. He was the best neighbour one could ever have!

As a boy aged about 9 he took me with him on the pilot boat (which managed the launches) to watch HMS Sceptre (last of the Swiftsure class of submarines) come down the slipway.

I love telling people that my next-door-but-one neighbour launched the Invincible. Never let anyone tell you that was the Queen - it wasn't, it was Archie Macdonald!

My son is called Archie...

GIf you look at Philadelphia harbour on Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic - VesselFinder you can see that the only vehicle carrier in the harbour is the Honor. I think I'm going to be tracking this lovely vessel from now on.

Honor seems unlikely as it's under different ownership to the previous ship and is moored in a different part of the port... but then I guess there's no guarantees this will be consistent I suppose!

Go into the source code and search for 'estimated delivery' (ctrl-f).

I recently talked to the delivery people (11th) and they said that my SR+ (white with black interior and tow bar) was on a train to Philadelphia pulling in that day. If you look at Philadelphia harbour on Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic - VesselFinder you can see that the only vehicle carrier in the harbour is the Honor. I think I'm going to be tracking this lovely vessel from now on.

I would say that is highly unlikely as that ship is in Port Richmond rather than Philadelphia

Honor seems unlikely as it's under different ownership to the previous ship and is moored in a different part of the port... but then I guess there's no guarantees this will be consistent I suppose!
I have looked and its the only car carrier in the port, others in the area are either going the wrong way or are a fair distance away. I hadn't heard that they were using trains to move the cars accross country, so that was a surprise when they said the tracking info had it on a train!

I have looked and its the only car carrier in the port, others in the area are either going the wrong way or are a fair distance away. I hadn't heard that they were using trains to move the cars accross country, so that was a surprise when they said the tracking info had it on a train!

But it’s not at Philadelphia, it’s at Richmond which is a totally different port.

When I was a child my next-door-but-one neighbour was the Chief Pilot of the docks at Barrow - where they build warships and submarines - and as Vickers Choice Pilot was in charge of all the launches (they did it properly in those days, with slipways and a big splash - none of this shiplift nonsense they have now!).

He joined Trinity House (who run the pilots) from the Merchant Navy - during his time in which he'd been a captain in the war on convoy duties, had been sunk by U-boats twice, and had developed the most amazing people skills. He was the best neighbour one could ever have!

As a boy aged about 9 he took me with him on the pilot boat (which managed the launches) to watch HMS Sceptre (last of the Swiftsure class of submarines) come down the slipway.

I love telling people that my next-door-but-one neighbour launched the Invincible. Never let anyone tell you that was the Queen - it wasn't, it was Archie Macdonald!

My son is called Archie...
FYI iv had a tour through Barrow as a prize post my apprenticeship in bae.

Reactions: ThrustSSC
Have any of the Scottish people that lost their VIN had one back? I've not, I'm wondering if they moved some cars to more southern delivery centers to squeeze them in before month end? In store I was told the 8th Oct, but I can only imagine that's gone. Makes kind of sense if they found the bandwidth somewhere else to deliver before month end, but I'm pretty peeved.

Reserved 756 days ago. Ordered 128 days ago.

If I have been moved from the 16th Oct to 9th Oct collection what vessel am I on ?? And is there a chance I’m squeezed into end of Sept to make the Q3 delivery numbers ?

I was also told I have a Oct 9th collection and the car left the US on the 10th (which makes it the Hoegh Oslo). I was also told it is 99% likely my delivery will be brought forward to September.

Reactions: m3gt2