Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang Mach-E Gets Great Reviews = Model 3 Challenger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's good Tesla took care of you. But that doesn't reflect reality for many of us.

Tesla's service and warranty model has completely cratered since the M3 intro.

It was starting to show its cracks about the time you got your car. Hell - Tesla was treating me like I mattered about the time the M3's were first released. That seems like eons ago.

If I were similarly dissatisfied I’d be moving on to a different car but that’s just me.

Service did get rough for a while after I got my car but if anything it’s been excellent for me in the last 18 months or so.

Point being that one aggrieved customer doesn’t equate to “Tesla never does the right thing when they screw up” as you said.

Reactions: SO16 and MP3Mike
If I were similarly dissatisfied I’d be moving on to a different car but that’s just me.

Service did get rough for a while after I got my car but if anything it’s been excellent for me in the last 18 months or so.

Point being that one aggrieved customer doesn’t equate to “Tesla never does the right thing when they screw up” as you said.
One of many aggrieved customers. Based on most of the feedback I've received on these forums - I'm representing a pretty extensive group.

Reactions: ladysbff
InsideEVs Steven Loveday is confused by a Ford advertisement disguised as a review. Note that "Miss GoElectric" is a paid actor and not an independent reviewer. It's also disgusting that Ford connects the wife of the anti-Semite anti-union capitalist to the Mach-E and the International Women's Day.

• Funny
Reactions: RobStark
InsideEVs Steven Loveday is confused by a Ford advertisement disguised as a review. Note that "Miss GoElectric" is a paid actor and not an independent reviewer. It's also disgusting that Ford connects the wife of the anti-Semite anti-union capitalist to the Mach-E and the International Women's Day.

I don't think Steven Loveday is confused. He's an author for a fair number of the authored "rah-rah" articles on this very site too. I'm sure he's quite informed into the mechanics of soft / advocate advertising like this.

I do agree with you that Henry Ford was indeed an anti-Semite anti-union bastard - and I'm sure there's a lot of reticence about his contributions to the US auto industry.

Got my First Edition MME yesterday. It's a gorgeous Grabber Blue! Fit and finish is perfect. Drives like a dream. The Co-Pilot 360 tech works amazing on the highway and hands-free rollout this fall should make it even better. Took a 500 mile highway trip at speeds of 75-80mph, and efficiency was between 2 and 3 mi/kWh, largely depending upon strong headwinds. Driving around town my mi/kWh is 3.8-4.0. Ford's EPA numbers are extremely conservative. The Sync infotainment system is remarkably intuitive and Apple CarPlay works wonderfully. I can use Pandora through CarPlay simultaneously with Ford's nav system and it all just works. My dealer experience was terrific, but I acknowledge that for some that can be quite negative.

Small negatives: found a few small software bugs, and the driver's screen emits a faint buzz (coil whine) as others have noted. It shouldn't buzz, and Ford should fix it, but it's pretty trivial because you can't hear it while driving or with any other ambient noise.

One big negative: Ford's "Plug and Charge" - which was designed to match Tesla's ease of Supercharging - flat out doesn't work right now. The good news is that the Electrify America chargers I used worked very well when I bypassed Plug & Charge. The charging was much faster than expected. At each stop, I averaged between 80 and 100 kW. Went from around 30% back up to 80% in about 25-30 minutes.

I am THRILLED with this purchase. It is such a good looking car, and so fun to drive.

Got my First Edition MME yesterday. It's a gorgeous Grabber Blue! Fit and finish is perfect. Drives like a dream. The Co-Pilot 360 tech works amazing on the highway and hands-free rollout this fall should make it even better. Took a 500 mile highway trip at speeds of 75-80mph, and efficiency was between 2 and 3 mi/kWh, largely depending upon strong headwinds. Driving around town my mi/kWh is 3.8-4.0. Ford's EPA numbers are extremely conservative. The Sync infotainment system is remarkably intuitive and Apple CarPlay works wonderfully. I can use Pandora through CarPlay simultaneously with Ford's nav system and it all just works. My dealer experience was terrific, but I acknowledge that for some that can be quite negative.

Small negatives: found a few small software bugs, and the driver's screen emits a faint buzz (coil whine) as others have noted. It shouldn't buzz, and Ford should fix it, but it's pretty trivial because you can't hear it while driving or with any other ambient noise.

One big negative: Ford's "Plug and Charge" - which was designed to match Tesla's ease of Supercharging - flat out doesn't work right now. The good news is that the Electrify America chargers I used worked very well when I bypassed Plug & Charge. The charging was much faster than expected. At each stop, I averaged between 80 and 100 kW. Went from around 30% back up to 80% in about 25-30 minutes.

I am THRILLED with this purchase. It is such a good looking car, and so fun to drive.
Fabuloso - drive that MME in good health.

If you're rolling through Sacramento sometime soon - just because that's what people like to do in their free time - I'd love to check it out.

Does KS have any state-specific incentives for new EV purchase / lease ?

And let the electromagnetic force be with you.
Long live your car.

Fabuloso - drive that MME in good health.

If you're rolling through Sacramento sometime soon - just because that's what people like to do in their free time - I'd love to check it out.

Does KS have any state-specific incentives for new EV purchase / lease ?

I looked at a few MME's today - they were special order cars (spoken for) but they let me have a look. I'm impressed. Fit and finish looks great - interior is really comfortable (love that there are adjustable headrests - one thing I don't like about the MY). I also thought the user interface was really good and user friendly. They're going to call me when they get one I can drive (couldn't drive the special order cars) - I definitely want to see how it rides.

They were just offloaded from the truck this morning - so they are a bit dirty.

These new offerings are fantastic for EVs in general.

IMG_9657.jpg
IMG_9661.JPG

IMG_9664.JPG

IMG_9662.JPG

Thought this story was relevant but wasn’t sure where to post it. This is just one dealership but I have seen this with other high demand cars as well...like the Kia Telluride that we were shopping for.

Ford Has Dealer Remove $10K Markup On Mach-E After Twitter Notices
this is nothing new, dealerships pull this whenever a new and popular car comes out and demand is higher than supply. I really see nothing wrong with the markup, nobody is forced into paying the inflated price.
caveat emptor

this is nothing new, dealerships pull this whenever a new and popular car comes out and demand is higher than supply. I really see nothing wrong with the markup, nobody is forced into paying the inflated price.
caveat emptor

Correct. Dealerships are not some passive part of Ford's delivery chain. They are independent businesses with franchise agreements that allow them to sell Ford products. But they take on most of the risk of ordering Ford inventory, and sometimes they can lose their shirts. Which is why some dealers feel the need to put heavy markups on hot commodities to "make hay while the sun shines." I would much prefer that a dealer honestly disclose the markup - as this dealer did - instead of trying to make money with high pressure sales tactics in the back office. Nothing wrong with honest capitalism.

Granted, I'd love for Ford to adopt a more Tesla-like distribution model where most customers could bypass dealerships altogether. But, the Ford dealer network is not without its advantages. For one, it offers a far greater number of service centers, and the good dealers (there are some - I stumbled onto one) can provide better customer service.

A lot of the dealers are part of huge corporate conglomerates in my area (eg, Stevens Creek in Santa Clara). I had a bad experience last time so it was a relief to go through Tesla's quick and simple sales model to purchase my Tesla MY. Tesla provides the same price to everyone without having to go through the typical dealer "negotiation" grind. Note that I pre-ordered and had to wait over a year before getting mine in late June last year.

Thought this story was relevant but wasn’t sure where to post it. This is just one dealership but I have seen this with other high demand cars as well...like the Kia Telluride that we were shopping for.

Ford Has Dealer Remove $10K Markup On Mach-E After Twitter Notices