Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR waiting room.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered mine November 2021.

I’ve been in a two-week EDD window like two weeks ago — got no VIN.

Last week (Monday), my EDD got pushed up to November 18 - December 30.

Today, my EDD got pushed early to October 22 - November 19.

I anticipate another early push by next Monday hopefully on a two-week window and finally with an assigned VIN.

It’s been almost a year since ordered mine and I’ve waited patiently long enough.

Keep in mind that Tesla refreshes their EDDs every Monday morning at about 6AM PT. No need to stress yourself everyday unless you’re pretty close and in anticipation of a VIN.

My order: MYLR | 5-seater | White ex | Black in | 20-in induction wheels.
As I have anticipated, my EDD got updated and pushed early again and now it’s just a one-week window Oct. 8 - 17. Still no VIN assigned as of right now but crossing my fingers barring any setbacks, I’ll finally get that VIN and take delivery before my order anniversary date (Nov. 2, 2021).

I scheduled my delivery appointment yesterday for Friday, 10/7. It says they will confirm with me before then. In everyone's experience, will I get a confirmation sooner than later? meaning maybe today or tomorrow? need to finalize my loan and insurance based on the real date.
When I got my Model 3 they confirmed my Monday appointment the Saturday before. They're not open on Sundays so I think it's the working day prior to your appointment. Though from listening to everyone's stories waiting for their cars, it seems each service center differs in their level of communication. You can always text them to ask if you're still on track for Friday (this is what I did), might take them a few hours to respond but they always do.

When I got my Model 3 they confirmed my Monday appointment the Saturday before. They're not open on Sundays so I think it's the working day prior to your appointment. Though from listening to everyone's stories waiting for their cars, it seems each service center differs in their level of communication. You can always text them to ask if you're still on track for Friday (this is what I did), might take them a few hours to respond but they always do.
Thanks. I did text them and they said it is scheduled to arrive at the delivery center tomorrow then they'll do the inspection and confirm once that's finished.

Reactions: arichard2401
Same here. Was November 17 - December 31. Now it's November 28 - December 31.
Technically, that could likely be pushed back to earlier windows. I had mine pushed up last week to 11/18-12/30 after a two-week window 09/25-10/9. Last Monday, it got pushed early 10/22-11/19. Then the following day, it got updated again now my EDD showing a one-week window 10/8-10/17. Still no VIN assigned though.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Technically, that could likely be pushed back to earlier windows. I had mine pushed up last week to 11/18-12/30 after a two-week window 09/25-10/9. Last Monday, it got pushed early 10/22-11/19. Then the following day, it got updated again now my EDD showing a one-week window 10/8-10/17. Still no VIN assigned though.
That's a wild ride. When did you order? Mine was in April of 22.

Just hit the 6000 mile mark on my M3 and absolutely love it. But after two long road trips we've decided that the Model Y is a better fit for our family. So I took the plunge and ordered a MYLR last night. Tow hitch, 7 person seating, and had to get red again. I'm not in love with the Gemini wheels but I want the extra range and I can replace the covers with something better looking. Here's hoping I'm near the beginning of my EDD window but at least I have the Model 3 to help with the waiting.
I have the Gemini wheels on mine - I think the wheels look nice without the covers. So for daily around town driving I leave them off since I’m not as concerned about range. I just put them back on for longer trips where range mattters. YMMV 😄

I was not even aware that the M3LR was not available to order. I have an X coming. I am not quite ready yet, but for about what you would pay for a M3LR, I am going to be selling my 2020 M3P with 13K miles very soon. Red/Black with many extras like PPF, etc. DM me and I can provide specifics if you have an interest.
Dave

MYLR ordered on 12/8/2021 with 19" wheels, white interior, and a trailer hitch.

Original estimated delivery window was July/August. This was bumped back a couple of times.

In September I added FSD as I could still add the option for $10K (price had increased to $15k since my original order date). I was on the fence w/regards to FSD and I thought it might expedite delivery.

I've received communications the past couple of weeks and a VIN was assigned. I'm located on the east coast (Virginia) and my VIN indicates a Fremont build.

My original delivery date was scheduled for Saturday,10/15. I purchased Tesla insurance, which is underwritten by Tesla here in Virginia. I found that coverage and rates were better than adding the vehicle to my Geico policy (I may move all of my vehicles to Tesla insurance).

Earlier in the week I was told that the car was delayed in transit and my pickup date was rescheduled to Sunday 10/16. On 10/15 I was notified again that there was a transit delay. I asked where the car was actually located and the service rep shared with me that cars are shipped by rail from the west coast to New York (it was in NY at that time), where it would eventually be transported by truck.

I tentatively rescheduled for 10/22 as weekdays are tough. Hopefully our car will be available this week.

MYLR Black/Black Gemini wheels all standard

Ordered in May, made some updates in June. Original EDD was Dec-Mar.

Two weeks ago I got a text message to prepare for prepare for delivery by providing payment method details and the EDD changed to Oct 10-24 (2 week window). So I scrambled to get my financing in order and my wall charger installed. When Oct 10th hit, my EDD got pushed to Oct 17-31. Yesterday it got pushed even further! :( Now it's Oct 31-Nov 28. I know the answer is "this is normal." However, I have read experiences that when this has happened, all of a sudden a VIN is issued and delivery is scheduled. Is it likely that this will happen for me too?

MYLR Black/Black Gemini wheels all standard

Ordered in May, made some updates in June. Original EDD was Dec-Mar.

Two weeks ago I got a text message to prepare for prepare for delivery by providing payment method details and the EDD changed to Oct 10-24 (2 week window). So I scrambled to get my financing in order and my wall charger installed. When Oct 10th hit, my EDD got pushed to Oct 17-31. Yesterday it got pushed even further! :( Now it's Oct 31-Nov 28. I know the answer is "this is normal." However, I have read experiences that when this has happened, all of a sudden a VIN is issued and delivery is scheduled. Is it likely that this will happen for me too?
I don’t think there is any way to tell for sure - sometimes you can talk to your SA to get more information, but at times I think they are just telling everyone that calls the same thing.

Reading about various experiences around here, it does seem to me that if you get a text of any kind regarding your order/trade-in/delivery/etc, then your delivery will probably take place sooner rather than later.

I would have everything in order and be ready for a last minute “pick up your vehicle now” message…but not expect one, if that helps at all.

Delivery just updated to December 2022, the beginning of the promised Dec-Apr window. Maybe the add-ons help? Fingers crossed it sticks.

Same here. Delivery updated to Dec. 2022. Ordered 10/5. MYLR MSM. Standard AP. 20" induction wheels.

Glad to possibly get my hands on the car soon, but wondering if I may be leaving money on the table with the possibility of a tax credit for 2023 delivery.

Holding tight for now to see how it plays out.