Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR waiting room.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news here! Ordered earlier in June and had an EDD for Jan-April.
Got a call from Tesla yesterday saying someone with a matching build couldn’t take delivery so picking up today!!!
MYLR 7 seater. MSM. Upgraded wheels, white interior.
Awesome, congrats! I'm selfishly hoping for a similar outcome and hopefully able to get our MYLR sooner. Did you by any chance have FSD or anything extra? Curious how Tesla chooses who to call for an accelerated delivery?

Awesome, congrats! I'm selfishly hoping for a similar outcome and hopefully able to get our MYLR sooner. Did you by any chance have FSD or anything extra? Curious how Tesla chooses who to call for an accelerated delivery?
I did not have FSD.
Here was my build:
MYLR 7 seat. Gemini wheels, Tow Package, white interior, MSM
Here is the build they matched and offered me:
MYLR 7 Seat. Upgraded wheels, No Tow Package (Said they can add), white interior, MSM

Reactions: ElectricNerd
I did not have FSD.
Here was my build:
MYLR 7 seat. Gemini wheels, Tow Package, white interior, MSM
Here is the build they matched and offered me:
MYLR 7 Seat. Upgraded wheels, No Tow Package (Said they can add), white interior, MSM
Awesome! My order is a MYLR 5 seat, Gemini wheels, Blue Ext/Black Int, No Tow or FSD/EAP. Did you have to do anything ahead of time to have Tesla reach out to you for an early delivery?

Awesome! My order is a MYLR 5 seat, Gemini wheels, Blue Ext/Black Int, No Tow or FSD/EAP. Did you have to do anything ahead of time to have Tesla reach out to you for an early delivery?
I’m not sure. I did contact my center and tel them I’d like to be informed if anything became available as I’d like delivery asap. However I don’t know if that had anything to do with this.

I’m not sure. I did contact my center and tel them I’d like to be informed if anything became available as I’d like delivery asap. However I don’t know if that had anything to do with this.
I called and asked if there were any demos or new vehicles available nationwide. The SA found me one already in my area with less than 50 miles and the only difference was this one has the tow hitch. Supposed to get it on the 30th.

Reactions: HYMY
Curious how Tesla chooses who to call for an accelerated delivery?
Probably once a car hits the local store and an owner refuses/isn't able to take delivery of the car, they try to find someone else in the local area that has a matching/similar build on order...especially at the end of the quarter when Tesla is trying to pad the sales numbers as high as possible. This could result in someone who put in an order a week ago getting a call....basically a right place, right time situation. Anyone that can take delivery before EOQ.

Reactions: FLTessie
Probably once a car hits the local store and an owner refuses/isn't able to take delivery of the car, they try to find someone else in the local area that has a matching/similar build on order...especially at the end of the quarter when Tesla is trying to pad the sales numbers as high as possible. This could result in someone who put in an order a week ago getting a call....basically a right place, right time situation. Anyone that can take delivery before EOQ.
Yes, for sure right place at the right time. They insisted it had to be picked up the 28th or 29th also so if I wasn't able to they would have moved onto the next person in line I am sure.

Yes, for sure right place at the right time. They insisted it had to be picked up the 28th or 29th also so if I wasn't able to they would have moved onto the next person in line I am sure.
I could see some really lucky person walking into a showroom last few days of the quarter, inquire about a car, then the SA offering them a car that had a delivery fall through earlier in the day and drive way in it same day. Person in the store wanting to buy is less work than logging into the system and figuring out what local reservation holder is next on the list.

Man, the way Tesla does this is definitely different than I'm used to with buying a vehicle. I know Tesla can't directly sell a car to a consumer in the state of Texas (stupid car franchise laws), so I'm not used to dealing with the TTL with my county directly and paying it separately.

I could see some really lucky person walking into a showroom last few days of the quarter, inquire about a car, then the SA offering them a car that had a delivery fall through earlier in the day and drive way in it same day. Person in the store wanting to buy is less work than logging into the system and figuring out what local reservation holder is next on the list.
There's gotta be a rule against this I'm assuming. Maybe back in the day this happened but I imagine the SA's now are told they need to fulfill old orders first.

I have an EDD next July-August. Should I just stop by my nearby Tesla showroom and remind them I'm in complete desperation mode and will take anything for their Q2 push!? 😂
I called the local showroom yesterday and asked if they had any demos/new vehicles that were available nationwide and they found me one that matched my configuration plus the tow hitch. It definitely doesn't hurt to ask!

Reactions: saf007
I called the local showroom yesterday and asked if they had any demos/new vehicles that were available nationwide and they found me one that matched my configuration plus the tow hitch. It definitely doesn't hurt to ask!
I just called, this showroom told me they used to give people cancellations, but now they just go off of their queue.
I guess some showrooms are bending some rules.