Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR waiting room.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i talked to telsa again today about my delivery date and all they could say that the date i have on file Nov-Dec is the only thing they could tell me. And they are sorry for the inconvenience im going through. They said they are still going by my order and profile date which is BS because i know most of the Jan orders are being filled this quarter. Ill probably call every week to see how much is change and if they are doing anything to fix the problem they caused. If not i will have to wait a year to get my model y lr
I got similar answers on my calls too - all look good and you are front of line, just give it a few more days blah blah. I would keep calling and ask to speak to a manager. Regular reps are really nice but can only make empty promises.

Reactions: flacs1223
OD: Nov 13, 2021 MYLR 5 seat,white, 20", tow, no fsd (no trade in)

I finally got mine yesterday. Almost 9 months wait time which seems average for the MYLR. Worth the wait! It was a Fremont build and all season tires.
wow, very jealous. i honestly think that not having my profile "completed" until last month killed me and caused the date to move twice. Especially when the Tesla people told me to ignore trade in and financing until i get a delivery date. nice to find out i won't get a date until that stuff was completed, which someone helped me with in June. UGH

OD: Nov 13, 2021 MYLR 5 seat,white, 20", tow, no fsd (no trade in)

I finally got mine yesterday. Almost 9 months wait time which seems average for the MYLR. Worth the wait! It was a Fremont build and all season tires.
Congratulations! I do wonder what Tesla is doing though. I ordered three days before you and they are telling me they “might” delivery mine in three more months.

MYLR red/black 19 no tow no FSD OD 11-10-2021

wow, very jealous. i honestly think that not having my profile "completed" until last month killed me and caused the date to move twice. Especially when the Tesla people told me to ignore trade in and financing until i get a delivery date. nice to find out i won't get a date until that stuff was completed, which someone helped me with in June. UGH
Technically that is true. You can't even get financing until you have a motor vehicle purchase agreement that doesn't get generated until you get assigned a VIN. You may get a pre approval for a certain amount, but the actual financing needs the VIN. Most folks don't do the financing until they get the VIN and also trade in value as that number gets deducted from the motor vehicle purchase agreement. The point is none of that should have effected your delivery date except maybe your profile?

Congratulations! I do wonder what Tesla is doing though. I ordered three days before you and they are telling me they “might” delivery mine in three more months.

MYLR red/black 19 no tow no FSD OD 11-10-2021
I think it has to do with regions. They do a batch for the West for example. I saw a bunch of other new teslas getting delivered at same time. They must have all came in on same truck. There are plenty of folks who have ordered after us and gotten their vehicle months ago.

Technically that is true. You can't even get financing until you have a motor vehicle purchase agreement that doesn't get generated until you get assigned a VIN. You may get a pre approval for a certain amount, but the actual financing needs the VIN. Most folks don't do the financing until they get the VIN and also trade in value as that number gets deducted from the motor vehicle purchase agreement. The point is none of that should have effected your delivery date except maybe your profile?
Exactly. I was told to just leave it alone so i did, but technically the profile wasn't "complete" on the site. So when i called Tesla last month, the guy was very helpful and change my payment to cash and removed the trade-in. This cleaned up the profile and now i see next steps in the account, but it was too late. the EDD changed from August to Oct earlier that day so now i'm stuck. Hoping it moves between now and then but doubtful.

Would have been nice to know that about 6 months ago, though...

Question: Now that I have a VIN, I'm arranging financing. SA said I can bring certified check to pickup. I'm only financing half, so will Tesla accept 2 certified checks??
Absolutely. I just did the same thing. Luckily I found out they don't take personal checks so got a certified check from my bank. I tried to pay for half through directly linking my bank account but that didn't work as they don't split payment on the app. I brought in 2 certified checks. They had to redo the registration while we waited but not a big deal took 15 minutes. We looked over the car for defects while we waited and got ourselves aquainted. The registration has to reflect the financing amount. Definately not the first time they have done this.

Reactions: FLTessie