Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR waiting room.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it safe to assume that a LR purchased today won't be delivered until 2023? The current estimate on tesla.com is Est. Delivery: Dec 2022 - Apr 2023.
From what I can tell Tesla prioritizes the Performance version.
I'd like to take advantage of any possible U.S Federal tax rebate for 2023 so I'd like a delivery date of next year. I'd also like to avoid any future price increase.

I would say that is safe to say. You can delay your order 1 time, so even if it was ready in December, you can wait till 2023. However, there is some talk about a massive production increase so I can't say anything with certainty.

Is it safe to assume that a LR purchased today won't be delivered until 2023? The current estimate on tesla.com is Est. Delivery: Dec 2022 - Apr 2023.
I'd like to take advantage of any possible U.S Federal tax rebate for 2023 so I'd like a delivery date of next year. I'd also like to avoid any future price increase.
I would think it would be a fairly safe bet that ordering today would deliver in 2023. But Tesla still lists December so if Austin ramps even more and more people delay orders till 2023 then delivery dates may improve and catch you by surprise.

If you order a base model...so no options...white or MSM paint, black interior, 5 seats, 19" Gemini wheels, no tow, no EAP, no FSD then the estimate is Apr-Jul. That should get you a car in 2023 and if there are options you want you can just change your order to those options in Jan 2023, your EDD will improve and you only pay the pricing that was in place when you ordered.

There is rumour of another price increase coming soon in September so I'd get an order in and figure it out as the EDD approaches.

Pretty much in the same boat here.... ordered on 8/8/22 and my current EDD is Feb 20 - Apr 17, 2023. I was originally hoping for an earlier delivery (hate waiting, lol), but now I'm hoping it stays in that range now that the credits are going to be available after 1/1. Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I ordered 5/23 and after a few resets my current EDD is sitting at Dec 10-Jan 21. All default options. I'm also hoping to get the car in 2023 for the tax credit. if i get into a 2 week EDD window, i will consider changing the design to give me more time.

My guess is the price will increase by Dec to negate any benefit from the credit if you waited to order.

Reactions: EVDeepDive
My scenario might be an anomaly... but I ordered June 25 with Jan-Mar '23 EDD, then all of a sudden last week I had a huge EDD jump and VIN assigned
...so I think the likelihood to receive your car sooner than the Tesla website estimates is highly probable... I was planning around receiving the car in the new year but have been scrambling to get ready now

My scenario might be an anomaly... but I ordered June 25 with Jan-Mar '23 EDD, then all of a sudden last week I had a huge EDD jump and VIN assigned
...so I think the likelihood to receive your car sooner than the Tesla website estimates is highly probable... I was planning around receiving the car in the new year but have been scrambling to get ready now
Most likely someone's financing fell through, or rejected delivery, or they just couldn't accept the car, and your order was next in line with the same configuration.

Did you order a MYP?

Same and I'm a 7 seater. Tuesday: 1q23, wed: dec; Thursday: 9/6-9/20

Reactions: MY9Cho
The EDD has really moved up on the website, I wonder if Austin is finally turning up the production.
On Aug 20th they hit the 1000/week mark for Model Y. Probably have ramped further over the last 2 weeks. But Fremont in 2021 did about 8500 vehicles a week...not sure how many of those are Model Y but I'd assume over 50%.

I think Austin is starting to make an impact for sure. Seeing the main order page drop back into 2022 and many like myself getting 1-2 month improvements on previous EDDs points to a good trend for people waiting and ordering.

MYLR / Silver / Black / 19" / 5 Seater / No Tow / No FSD

OD: 02/17/2022

1. 12/2022 (original)
  2. 3/2023 - 6/2023
  3. 1/8/2023 - 3/5/2023 - 56 days range
  4. 12/2022 (as of 09/01/2022)

I am ok with the Y bring delivered between Jan to March 2023 as I have a basic model 3 coming in. I will try to delay the Y if it does come in Dec 2022 to try to get the tax credit.