Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Pearl White Model 3 with some early mods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All! First post on this forum. Took delivery of my Model 3 (long range, premium upgrades, pearl white) back in October and I've been loving it. This is my first brand new car and also the first that I can't really do crazy mods to (I'm used to engine swaps, EV conversions, etc).

As a Tesla employee, are you required to only say good things about the car or can you also say negative things? As a reservation holder I'd love to know some of the annoyances, quirks, and down sides.

• Funny
Reactions: Garlan Garner
It will be interesting to compare the model 3 to the 70D. I love how the 70D rides on coils with 21's. The P90 on air on 19s was a nightmare of mushiness (in my opinion).

@davidc18,

Let us know what you think and what your comparisons/opinions are when it happens! I’d be interested to know. It will be interesting to hear what people’s views are on the coil/SAS differences when Tesla eventually offers it in the spring with AWD rollout.

Ski

As a Tesla employee, are you required to only say good things about the car or can you also say negative things? As a reservation holder I'd love to know some of the annoyances, quirks, and down sides.

As a customer, there's no reason I can't give honest observations. It's not like I got a discount or anything ;-)

My main issues and complaints are related to fit, but service had been amazing and very responsive to my notes (even for little things).

The accelerator pedal ramp rate could be a bit quicker. It feels somewhat damped when stomping it. It doesn't launch as hard as I think it could, even with the wider stickier tires.

Beautifully done! Have you wrapped before or was this your first time? Also, how much of that material did you need to chrome delete and add the shadow?

Thanks. It looks better in photos than it does in person, but that might just be because I know everywhere that I made a mistake. It's certainly not perfect. This was my first time wrapping, and I certainly took a few attempts on some of the parts. Hardest part is cutting the vinyl without scratching things. I slipped a few places and I'm devastated, even though I'm the only one that will ever notice it.

The sheet I ordered was 5x10ft and it was enough to do everything. There's even enough left over to do the little pieces again, or redo the mirror stalks if I want to. They're the parts that came out the worst.

Is the tint line in the back window pretty noticeable or does the picture make it look worse than it is?

It's noticeable if you look at it from the inside, but it's placed in a location that it's never in my line of vision unless I look at it intentionally by slouching in the seat or adjusting the mirror. You can't see it at all from the outside.

Hi All! First post on this forum. Took delivery of my Model 3 (long range, premium upgrades, pearl white) back in October and I've been loving it. This is my first brand new car and also the first that I can't really do crazy mods to (I'm used to engine swaps, EV conversions, etc).

This is the first car where I'm basically limited to cosmetic mods and wheels/tires.

Here's what I've got so far:

Tinted windows (40%) sides and rear.
Blacked out chrome
Front bumper "shadow" added
VMR V710 20x9 ET35 5x114.3 wheels
Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/35/20 tires
View attachment 264465
View attachment 264459View attachment 264466
View attachment 264463 View attachment 264458 View attachment 264462

VMR was great to work with. I had to take measurements of the hub (and brake rotor retaining bolt) to make sure they would fit without issue. They machined them up for me and they went on with no issue. I love them!

Overall, the car is amazing. It's a blast to throw around in the hills, loves twisty roads, and is certainly more sport-oriented than the other Teslas I've driven. Steering is super quick, very responsive, and with good feedback. It's a very quick car, but it's no P100D. It feels very light, deceivingly so.

I drove it from the SF bay area to LA a few weeks back and it was wonderful on the freeway!
Congratulations @mauswerkz and enjoy your new ride.

Are you an employee or a non-employee? Just wondering if the NDA has been lifted for the former.
Looks fantastic It would be perfect on the roads of south Kerry Ireland as I find Model S a little wide but wont complain as its fantastic to drive to Dublin

Great job on the mods- it’s obvious you have good taste. I do have a question about the wrap on the door handles. Does the wrap go all the way around and behind the handles (and if so I’m assuming the wrap does not obstruct the flow of the handle while being opened or rub against the car)? Or does the wrap just sit on the face of the handle (thus increasing the the possibility that it will eventually peel off)?

How does the ride feel after swapping from 18's to 20's..??? Did ya paint shadow or tape?? Like the black out chrome except door handles..extra tint in our area gets ya a ticket. Want my in red, a P75DL+...should cost me no more than 70k. Great looking in white, but not my favorite of choices. Any issues with fitment...

HELP! I just put a deposit down for a new 75RWD model S but the monthly price is coming in more than I had thought (tax wasn't included...) and now I'm seeing these posts and videos of people LOVING the 3. I still have a reservation from February (set date May-June 2018) and I'm seriously considering cancelling the S and eating the $2500 and waiting for the 3. Am I crazy??
If the purchase of your Model S will leave you financial strapped then cancel. If not, you can’t go wrong with the Model S. Its a pleasure to drive. Best car I ever owned hands down, from my Corvette to my BMW Roadster.

How are the storage's inside the car?

My main complaints with the Model S are there are noticeably lack of storage inside the cabin as in there are no storage at the doors and the central console is not well design. The cup holders at the arm rest are ergonomically badly positioned.

Reactions: bhzmark