Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Blackvue Dashcam (DR750S)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious, where did you hardwire it?

I am going to guess that K-MTG connected it to Power Magic?

I guess to be clear, I'm wondering which 12V connection K-MTG tapped into, and if K-MTG hid the hotspot at all.

You don't need the Power Magic on the Tesla, only needed on an ICE. I showcased the Model X install here: Blackvue DR650S Review + Tesla Model X Install

I had the install done professionally and they used a 12V line under the carpet under the driver dashboard. The hotspot is hidden in the center counsel.

Reactions: Freedom101
Yea but the website is whacky that it requires you to add the magic pro and the polarizer.
I emailed them last night about that
They sent me a response ( in less than 10 minutes ) that they were aware of the problem and hoped to fix it shortly
Their site was indicating expected ship date was Sept 8
Plus their price is below Blackvue direct and they have an additional 10% off in addition right now site wide

Looks awesome! Mine is shipping out early next week! Will post some videos and probably a review write up
Can you check how much you can read a license plate number at night, using the front and the rear camera?
I was looking at the video at 4:20, on the passing car on the left and the one in front,
the license cannot be read and the image look a little bit blur.
I wonder how close you need to be at night to be able to read a license number?

Can you check how much you can read a license plate number at night, using the front and the rear camera?
I was looking at the video at 4:20, on the passing car on the left and the one in front,
the license cannot be read and the image look a little bit blur.
I wonder how close you need to be at night to be able to read a license number?

The problem is that youtube heavily compresses video. It would be nice to see the original RAW clips. But I will post that for you

I've pre-ordered it also.

By the way, I still love my 650S-2CH... caught this last night on my Model X:

IMG_0019.JPG

It would be really great if someone could compare the diameter of the DR750S with that of the DR650S.
It's on the Blackvue website
Front: Black / Width 118.5 mm x Height 36 mm / 90 g
Rear: Black / Width 67.4 mm x Height 25 mm / 25 g
Front: Black / Width 118.5 mm x Height 36 mm / 96 g
Rear: Black / Width 67.4 mm x Height 25 mm / 28 g

Same size, but as I mentioned above, the 750 requires a new front mount