Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New button to enable FSD Beta download?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“Constant misrepresentation”? In other words, nonstop lying? Well that’s a bit over the top, isn’t it? A leader’s aspirational vision and goal setting off of that is not lying at worst nor naive at best. Savvy investors know what they’re buying.
He's just lying when he's saying something 'will happen' and then it does not. These leaders have to be held accountable for the statements they make. Musk isn't necessarily explicitly lying, but he's constantly overpromising. With as often as his comments on timelines don't become reality, one can argue he's simply misleading investors because he should know better at this point than to be even close to precise on timing of things given his track record. if we can't hold leaders responsible for what they say will happen that does not, then consumers are never protected

I agree with your first sentence. But your second sounds like cutting a persons head off for steeling a candy bar....
Huh? That's... a really awful analogy to make. Killing someone for stealing a candy bar is in no way even remotely close to me calling for Musk to not be leading Tesla. You are comparing what I said to a scenario with an extremely less impacting act (stealing a candy bar) and an egregiously worse punishment (cutting a persons head off). It's actually disturbing that you are drawing any parllel between demoting a leader and killing a person.

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
surely you didn't actually believe Elon......Did you? I still bet it won't even happen by May
It still baffles me when folks are perpetually surprised when the timeline of events aren't exactly as Elon says they will be in his (seemingly) random tweets. I mean, the guy has a LONG and predictable history of being overly optimistic. You can debate the reasons and you can debate the ethics of it all day long but you can't POSSIBLY be surprised by the unfolding of events at this point.

I would have thought we would see a broader release of FSD by the end of March (I've said this consistently since it first rolled out to the first set of beta testers) but it appears now that it may be anywhere from April to June and maybe even longer. Heck - it could be another series of events like Smart Summon. I don't know. But what I DO know is you can't take Elon's timelines for anything other than being overly optimistic. If you do... then shame on you.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
It still baffles me when folks are perpetually surprised when the timeline of events aren't exactly as Elon says they will be in his (seemingly) random tweets. I mean, the guy has a LONG and predictable history of being overly optimistic. You can debate the reasons and you can debate the ethics of it all day long but you can't POSSIBLY be surprised by the unfolding of events at this point.

I would have thought we would see a broader release of FSD by the end of March (I've said this consistently since it first rolled out to the first set of beta testers) but it appears now that it may be anywhere from April to June and maybe even longer. Heck - it could be another series of events like Smart Summon. I don't know. But what I DO know is you can't take Elon's timelines for anything other than being overly optimistic. If you do... then shame on you.
Agreed on timelines for anything to do with FSD. For everything else he's been fairly reliable the past couple of years. Some things even show up early.

Agreed on timelines for anything to do with FSD. For everything else he's been fairly reliable the past couple of years. Some things even show up early.

Can you help me out with some examples? I'm sure you are using a fairly precise definition of "past couple of years" to protect from a lot of his crazy timelines?

Roadster was supposed to be out last year, now 2023.
Semi - In 2019 they said production in 2020. Now it's "2021".
Model Y was highly delayed at initial release.
Model S/X right now is backordered a year on a model refresh

I mean, a few years delay is a lot better than 4+ years we're going on for FSD ("6 months definitely" in Jan 2017), but that's a pretty low bar.

Can you help me out with some examples? I'm sure you are using a fairly precise definition of "past couple of years" to protect from a lot of his crazy timelines?

Roadster was supposed to be out last year, now 2023.
Semi - In 2019 they said production in 2020. Now it's "2021".
To be fair, just about everything that was supposed to happen in 2020 also got pushed back to 2021.... :)

Its all 🐎 💩. The system can’t handle basic functions: media, nav, web. Forget 3d live video processing. I have the current firmware, hw3, 100d, it crashes more than waves on a beach. Freezes on sentry despite tesla certified usb stick. Its been worked up. “Not” realistic. To handle so many users, without crashing itself many times over. .... more like 🐪 broken back.

Its all 🐎 💩. The system can’t handle basic functions: media, nav, web. Forget 3d live video processing. I have the current firmware, hw3, 100d, it crashes more than waves on a beach. Freezes on sentry despite tesla certified usb stick. Its been worked up. “Not” realistic. To handle so many users, without crashing itself many times over. .... more like 🐪 broken back.
The infotainment system uses the MCU (Nvidia Tegra 3 for MCU1, Intel Atom units for MCU2 and in Model 3/Y), not the HW3.

If you have an old MCU1 and HW3, the UI is even slower as the MCU can't keep up. However that has nothing to do with the actual FSD processing (which is handled by HW3).
Slow Infotainment after HW3 upgrade

Right now Tesla haven't even used up the HW2.5 resources yet (I remember other threads that said they were still developing for HW2.5, haven't started taking advantage of HW3), much less HW3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hguptamd
Every single one of your posts is a bash.

Brand new poster. Motive is questionable at best.

Reactions: boonedocks
Bash is real. Why is $100k+ / car company ... acting this way to loyalist.
1) please explain. I was a loyalist. Mcu is 2018+. Its crash history is real. Half baking $100+k ... in reality. Its nice when it works. But its borderline crazy. To keep reseting, buggy 🕷car.... buggy software ... then even when u promote it, to then “preferably” after paying for it “chose” to give u fsd, then take it back ? Really? 🐎💩. Like you all .. which I admire; you are all truly heroes for going on a “ride...” I’m fine. I’ll shut up. Maybe I just need therapy. But i have no faith it will “happen” glitchy as it has been! I’ve put money where my mouth is. And believe me I know... i have all hardware, software.. updates etc etc.. its my guess.. it “wont” be ... it can work for 2000 cars. Not 2 million.