Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New button to enable FSD Beta download?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bash is real. Why is $100k+ / car company ... acting this way to loyalist.
1) please explain. I was a loyalist. Mcu is 2018+. Its crash history is real. Half baking $100+k ... in reality. Its nice when it works. But its borderline crazy. To keep reseting, buggy šŸ•·car.... buggy software ... then even when u promote it, to then ā€œpreferablyā€ after paying for it ā€œchoseā€ to give u fsd, then take it back ? Really? šŸŽšŸ’©. Like you all .. which I admire; you are all truly heroes for going on a ā€œride...ā€ Iā€™m fine. Iā€™ll shut up. Maybe I just need therapy. But i have no faith it will ā€œhappenā€ glitchy as it has been! Iā€™ve put money where my mouth is. And believe me I know... i have all hardware, software.. updates etc etc.. its my guess.. it ā€œwontā€ be ... it can work for 2000 cars. Not 2 million.
Did you get it new? Does this qualify for lemon law?

Did you get it new? Does this qualify for lemon law?
Mass lemon law is only 1 year, so it would have need to be discovered by March 2019.
Most MCU1 issues have really started to show themselves in the last year as Tesla has released really broken software, and refuses to backdate software due to the MCU1 eMMC recall which requires recent SW as a mitigation to some failures.

Its all šŸŽ šŸ’©. The system canā€™t handle basic functions: media, nav, web. Forget 3d live video processing. I have the current firmware, hw3, 100d, it crashes more than waves on a beach. Freezes on sentry despite tesla certified usb stick. Its been worked up. ā€œNotā€ realistic. To handle so many users, without crashing itself many times over. .... more like šŸŖ broken back.

tell us how you really feel.

Dunno about older boards, lemons and frustrated owners. Sorry but my late 2018 Model w/ HW3 has been entirely satisfactory. A 5/5. A bit of magic in our lives, as Andrey Karpathy said. I'm loving the expanding voice commands, I'm using freeway NOA all the time, and I can't wait for street NOA. Very simple.

But truly unlucky people probably shouldn't be further risking their lives, and those around them, with experimental technology. The "button" should apply a bit of selective logic to keep them from danger until the automation is foolproof, some time after the second coming.

I don't trust Whole Mars with speculation / facts these days. He just spews all sorts of rumors lol. He's more of a hype machine for Tesla.

Green has mentioned that the 4.15.x releases have a bunch of "bleeding edge" NNs. These might be the vision-only predictions in shadow mode. Tesla probably tested them on their private fleet and are now deploying them to production to confirm the predictions.

I know everyone has seen Elon's recent tweets, including this one:
First, it's hard to give much credence to this claim. Will this button appear as promised? What will pressing the button do? I am highly skeptical that next week the FSD Beta will be available immediately to everyone who has paid for FSD within the US.

Second, doesn't it feel like Elon is just making up the FSD rollout plan as he goes along? It's been almost 5 years since they started selling FSD. I would think they would have devoted a few meetings to how they were going to gradually roll it out to customers once it was ready. It's almost as if he hasn't thought about this at all. And so in the space of a few hours he went from 'we're gonna double and then 10x the beta group' to 'contact us if you want it' (what does that even mean?) to 'you know what, we're just going to add a button so everyone can download it next week'.

And of course all this after promising existing FSD purchasers early access back in 2018.

I swear, Tesla makes the hard things look easy and the easy things look hard........
Are we back to 10 days?

First, it's hard to give much credence to this claim. Will this button appear as promised? What will pressing the button do? I am highly skeptical that next week the FSD Beta will be available immediately to everyone who has paid for FSD within the US.

Second, doesn't it feel like Elon is just making up the FSD rollout plan as he goes along? It's been almost 5 years since they started selling FSD. I would think they would have devoted a few meetings to how they were going to gradually roll it out to customers once it was ready. It's almost as if he hasn't thought about this at all. And so in the space of a few hours he went from 'we're gonna double and then 10x the beta group' to 'contact us if you want it' (what does that even mean?) to 'you know what, we're just going to add a button so everyone can download it next week'.
First, the plan is that when you click the button your driving will be monitored for 7 days so see if you qualify (using the same criteria they apply to their insurance, apparently).

Second, of course he is making up the plan as he goes along! No-one has ever attempted anything like this before, there cannot be a plan when you are breaking new ground. Yes, he's absurdly optimistic, but that's investor talk. The point isnt about it arriving late, it's the fact they are actually looking like they might pull it off regardless of the delays. This is rocket science, every bit as much as SpaceX.

I believe in the timing of the button this time. When Elon gives a firm date less than 10 days away, it seems like he pretty much hits that goal. Now the issue is driving "responsibly" for seven days. I've been doing that, and damn it if driving 5 over the speed limit isn't going to get me run over...

Reactions: TBrownTX
I believe in the timing of the button this time. When Elon gives a firm date less than 10 days away, it seems like he pretty much hits that goal. Now the issue is driving "responsibly" for seven days. I've been doing that, and damn it if driving 5 over the speed limit isn't going to get me run over...
Note that tweet about 10 days was from back in the March of this year at the start of the thread, so it already passed long ago. So obviously Elon giving days out doesn't really matter in terms of predicted timeline.

Last edited: