Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New button to enable FSD Beta download?

DanCar

Oct 2, 2013
SF Bay Area
Bash is real. Why is $100k+ / car company ... acting this way to loyalist.
1) please explain. I was a loyalist. Mcu is 2018+. Its crash history is real. Half baking $100+k ... in reality. Its nice when it works. But its borderline crazy. To keep reseting, buggy 🕷car.... buggy software ... then even when u promote it, to then “preferably” after paying for it “chose” to give u fsd, then take it back ? Really? 🐎💩. Like you all .. which I admire; you are all truly heroes for going on a “ride...” I’m fine. I’ll shut up. Maybe I just need therapy. But i have no faith it will “happen” glitchy as it has been! I’ve put money where my mouth is. And believe me I know... i have all hardware, software.. updates etc etc.. its my guess.. it “wont” be ... it can work for 2000 cars. Not 2 million.
Did you get it new? Does this qualify for lemon law?

gearchruncher

Sep 20, 2016
Seattle, WA
Did you get it new? Does this qualify for lemon law?
Mass lemon law is only 1 year, so it would have need to be discovered by March 2019.
Most MCU1 issues have really started to show themselves in the last year as Tesla has released really broken software, and refuses to backdate software due to the MCU1 eMMC recall which requires recent SW as a mitigation to some failures.

qdeathstar

May 17, 2019
VB
Its all 🐎 💩. The system can’t handle basic functions: media, nav, web. Forget 3d live video processing. I have the current firmware, hw3, 100d, it crashes more than waves on a beach. Freezes on sentry despite tesla certified usb stick. Its been worked up. “Not” realistic. To handle so many users, without crashing itself many times over. .... more like 🐪 broken back.

tell us how you really feel.

Fernand

Mar 22, 2019
Northern california
Dunno about older boards, lemons and frustrated owners. Sorry but my late 2018 Model w/ HW3 has been entirely satisfactory. A 5/5. A bit of magic in our lives, as Andrey Karpathy said. I'm loving the expanding voice commands, I'm using freeway NOA all the time, and I can't wait for street NOA. Very simple.

But truly unlucky people probably shouldn't be further risking their lives, and those around them, with experimental technology. The "button" should apply a bit of selective logic to keep them from danger until the automation is foolproof, some time after the second coming.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC