Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York/New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Blue / Black Model Y on Feb 3rd (still no Vin) and the NJ Rebate was removed from my order and has not returned as it has for some. Looking at the wording, it is the dealer that is responsible to allocate for orders placed before the cutoff date. Seems like some that don't get the rebate may have a case for a class action lawsuit. Just Saying!!!!
I’m just guessing here, but pretty sure any kind of tax rebate requires a VIN in order to claim. I know that is how the Federal Tax rebate form works. If you have not been assigned a VIN yet, then pretty sure there is no way for them to claim a rebate.

I ordered a Blue / Black Model Y on Feb 3rd (still no Vin) and the NJ Rebate was removed from my order and has not returned as it has for some. Looking at the wording, it is the dealer that is responsible to allocate for orders placed before the cutoff date. Seems like some that don't get the rebate may have a case for a class action lawsuit. Just Saying!!!!
Your OD and spec are the exact same as my. However, few days ago I opted to for an induction wheel and match with an existing inventory VIN. My 2k was removed and reinstated on Friday.

Try paying for final payment or apply for loan step, there it should show that 2k

You may need to check with the Tesla rep. It is possible that Tesla reserved funds for all cars before Apr 17th. If so, you may get a $2K check back.
Thanks. I will be calling Tesla. But the whole process is super frustrating.

My OD is 1/18/23. My delivery date is 4/18/23. It is one day after losing the 2K rebate and one day before the 3K price cut. To add salt to my wound, the 2K rebate reappears for those who have not picked up their cars.

Reactions: imgcs
congrats! must be an in inventory car given very short timeline from Order to delivery date, you got the 2k rebate on it? or more than 55k MSRP?
Thanks, no VIN or updated delivery date yet. I wil be ecstatic, if I do get the car in April :). No nj rebate, over 55k and even if the price were lower, I would not gotten it, as the last day was April 17.

Coming from a 21 bmw m340i, hoping MYP would give the same thrills, minus the premium gas bills ;)

Reactions: mywarrior
Thanks, no VIN or updated delivery date yet. I wil be ecstatic, if I do get the car in April :). No nj rebate, over 55k and even if the price were lower, I would not gotten it, as the last day was April 17.

Coming from a 21 bmw m340i, hoping MYP would give the same thrills, minus the premium gas bills ;)
oh ok, yes i hope you get the thrill at least if not the 2k rebate :)
my current car is BMW X5, and also currently got a leased Model 3; the M3 gives much more thrill than the BMW, I can tell from my experience!

Reactions: insomniak09
OD 2/3 MY Blue/Black/19/no-tow
4/29 VIN assigned 7SAYGDEE9PF768XXX EDD update - May 13-20, Paramus, NJ Fremont build. I emailed [email protected] and got the paperwork signed and returned for the $2K NJ rebate. I did not think I was going to make it before Monday's dealer submission deadline. Just after 11 AM, I received the VIN and went to work making sure I get the rebate. Thanks to those that supplied the email address, I was able to rapidly get this done, even on a Saturday. 85 days from order to VIN assigned. $43,269 all in, after the NJ rebate and Federal Tax credit. This includes delivery, registration and misc fees. Most decent ICE SUV's cost this amount or more. The wife and I won't have to fight over who is driving the Tesla (Model 3) every morning.

Last edited:
OD 2/3 MY Blue/Black/19/no-tow
4/29 VIN assigned 7SAYGDEE9PF768XXX EDD update - May 13-20, Paramus, NJ Fremont build. I emailed [email protected] and got the paperwork signed and returned for the $2K NJ rebate. I did not think I was going to make it before Monday's dealer submission deadline. Just after 11 AM, I received the VIN and went to work making sure I get the rebate. Thanks to those that supplied the email address, I was able to rapidly get this done, even on a Saturday. 85 days from order to VIN assigned. $43,269 all in, after the NJ rebate and Federal Tax credit. This includes delivery, registration and misc fees. Most decent ICE SUV's cost this amount or more. The wife and I won't have to fight over who is driving the Tesla (Model 3) every morning.
Curious how long did it take for them to send you the paperwork? I emailed them twice and no response, earliest email was 5 days ago.

Curious how long did it take for them to send you the paperwork? I emailed them twice and no response, earliest email was 5 days ago.
I had sent them am email a week ago asking since i did not have a VIN assigned yet but did not get a response. On Saturday morning (yesterday), I was assigned a VIN and right away sent them an email asking what paperwork I needed to fill in and send back before New Jersey's Monday submission deadline for dealers. I also contacted a co-worker who sent in the rebate form about a month ago, hoping he had a blank form, which he did and he sent it to me. I filled it in and replied to the email I had just sent with the form filled out. About an hour later, Customer rebates sent me the form prefilled in by them and they just asked me to sign the latest form and send it back to them. I signed and sent it back right away. I did not think I would get a response on Saturday but I did.

1682901685733.png

Attachments

• NJ_Rebate.pdf
    296 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: cjgb7ZWwUcCLp
I had sent them am email a week ago asking since i did not have a VIN assigned yet but did not get a response. On Saturday morning (yesterday), I was assigned a VIN and right away sent them an email asking what paperwork I needed to fill in and send back before New Jersey's Monday submission deadline for dealers. I also contacted a co-worker who sent in the rebate form about a month ago, hoping he had a blank form, which he did and he sent it to me. I filled it in and replied to the email I had just sent with the form filled out. About an hour later, Customer rebates sent me the form prefilled in by them and they just asked me to sign the latest form and send it back to them. I signed and sent it back right away. I did not think I would get a response on Saturday but I did.
Thank you for providing the blank form, I'll submitted this to them and hopefully they'll process it. I have an VIN assigned and scheduled pick up this coming Thursday.

Reactions: TOM17
No, I still haven't heard back from them for almost a week. I filled up the form and email them again and pray they'll process my application.
Yes I also did the same. The 510 text replied that gov. incentive are applied to my account, but they didn't say they are talking abt federal or NJ charge up. Also I know it's applied but worried removed from tomorrow...lol. anyways still no response so hoping what we sent is good enough or the 1May deadline is more for reserving credit for orders upto April17, the full paperwork can follow later as well.

Anyone who has submitted the NJ Charge up forms back to Tesla rebate team and does not see it showing in the NJ Charge up website should try and email them again. I submitted mine on 4/25, picked up the car on 4/26, and still did not see it listed in my charge up dashboard. I emailed them this morning and it now shows. So you should check with them and it will probably remind them to do it if they haven't.

Anyone who has submitted the NJ Charge up forms back to Tesla rebate team and does not see it showing in the NJ Charge up website should try and email them again. I submitted mine on 4/25, picked up the car on 4/26, and still did not see it listed in my charge up dashboard. I emailed them this morning and it now shows. So you should check with them and it will probably remind them to do it if they haven't.
Thanks for the reminder. This has been frustrating. I am one of the unfortunate customers who picked up my car on Apr 18. I have been sending Tesla multiple emails and making numerous phone calls. But they have not sent me anything yet.