Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York/New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Chargeup NJ website has the below lines. It sounds to me like orders already placed and waiting have funds allocated.
Anyone interpreting this differently or has anymore details?

Issued & Reserved total includes:
  • Funding reserved for ordered vehicles yet to be delivered from both Fiscal Years 2022 and 2023,
That is the way I read it as well. I am scheduled to pick up on 4/26 and it is listed in my agreement and total payout. Hopefully no issues come up.

Charge up is pausing starting today, I hope Tesla plan to reserve funds for our order. Based on some comment on Reddit, this isnt looking good for us.

Due to the enthusiastic response to the Charge Up New Jersey electric vehicle (EV) Program, which launched point-of-sale incentives at showrooms and dealerships beginning on July 25, 2022, Year Three of the Charge Up New Jersey electric vehicle (EV) program will pause at 9:00 p.m. EST Monday, April 17th, 2023.

Dealerships and Showrooms will have until 9:00 p.m. EST Monday, May 1st, 2023, to submit all eligible applications.

Charge up is pausing starting today, I hope Tesla plan to reserve funds for our order. Based on some comment on Reddit, this isnt looking good for us.

Due to the enthusiastic response to the Charge Up New Jersey electric vehicle (EV) Program, which launched point-of-sale incentives at showrooms and dealerships beginning on July 25, 2022, Year Three of the Charge Up New Jersey electric vehicle (EV) program will pause at 9:00 p.m. EST Monday, April 17th, 2023.

Dealerships and Showrooms will have until 9:00 p.m. EST Monday, May 1st, 2023, to submit all eligible applications.
I know they removed it from the Tesla new order page a few days ago as an incentive and also from the Tesla Nj list of incentives. Still shows on my order and since it was made months ago should still apply. Just hope they reserved it. These incentives are important to them selling additional vehicles so would think they make sure this stuff is handled properly.

I know they removed it from the Tesla new order page a few days ago as an incentive and also from the Tesla Nj list of incentives. Still shows on my order and since it was made months ago should still apply. Just hope they reserved it. These incentives are important to them selling additional vehicles so would think they make sure this stuff is handled properly.
My order no longer have NJ incentive, it still show before 9pm ... :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: LetsGoElectric
They screwed us! Not like we can even speak with someone. Unreal.
It was known in advance that if the rebate fell through, they could bill you for any credit they gave you in anticipation. So the choice is to know it now, or to get a bill from Tesla in the future.

FWIW, I missed out on a rebate a couple of years ago because the funds ran out before I took possession and paid.

I am supposed to pick up my MYLR on Friday and had made all payments. Now the Tesla app shows $2,000 as pending payment.
You should get something from Tesla via e-mail within a few days of delivery if you are still OK. Fill it out and attach the picture of your license and get it back to them ASAP. If you don't have a Charge Up NJ account, set one up. Once they submit it to NJ, it should show up as submitted and pending. These are obligated funds, not yet paid out, they are just taken off the ledger so as not to go over what has been allocated.

Reactions: Amolpurav
It was known in advance that if the rebate fell through, they could bill you for any credit they gave you in anticipation. So the choice is to know it now, or to get a bill from Tesla in the future.

FWIW, I missed out on a rebate a couple of years ago because the funds ran out before I took possession and paid.
This is not that they ran out of money but that Tesla didn’t do the process to reserve the funds for our orders when they were taken. So now they closed the program and we are left out. If it was only on delivered by that would be different.

Reactions: LetsGoElectric
Feb 3rd order MY Blue / Black Interior (73 days and counting, still no VIN). I know 4 people in NJ that ordered after me (not Blue) and have taken delivery. They got the NJ $2K rebate. I feel jaded and will most likely not take delivery for these reasons. 1.) Additional $2K cost 2.) Inferior park assist (guesstimate) without the ultrasonic sensors. I can't see this even coming close unless extra camera are added, which will not occur with the 2013 models. I actually thought it was terrible compared to my 2018 Model 3 when I tested in my friends MY. 3.) Upcoming Juniper refresh. expected to have more cameras and a radar. Losing $250 will be well worth it to wait, plus I will gain interest on the money I planned on paying in full. The $7,500 tax credit will likely still be available and NJ may have another round of rebates. The wife and I share a 2018 Model 3 with FSD, but we can wait for the Juniper refresh, so we can both drive Tesla's

Reactions: cjgb7ZWwUcCLp
The way I read, if you take delivery before last day to submit, you may get 2k rebate, and my optimism says even if you get Vin, get form from Tesla and submit may be before cut off you may get it. It all depends how it plays out. My od is 2/2, no vin and no form too. So let's see. And yes 3k price cut to compensate a bit, even though that's a independent event, so we should be getting both 😃

I am the least fortunate one. I picked up my car yesterday.
As of 9:00 p.m. EST Monday, April 17th, 2023, Charge Up New Jersey stopped accepting new applications for electric vehicle rebates. All available funds for fiscal year 2022-23 have been expended by ordered, purchased or leased vehicles.

Dealerships and Showrooms will have until 9:00 p.m. EST Monday, May 1st, 2023, to submit applications for vehicles ordered, purchased or leased on or before April 17th, 2023.

Please see the BPU Press Release [here]

Currently, no additional funds are anticipated for FY 23. However, we will keep you updated on information regarding FY 24 funding for Charge Up New Jersey as directed by the NJ Board of Public Utilities.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact CSE at [email protected] or call 877-426-2474.

As of 9:00 p.m. EST Monday, April 17th, 2023, Charge Up New Jersey stopped accepting new applications for electric vehicle rebates. All available funds for fiscal year 2022-23 have been expended by ordered, purchased or leased vehicles.

Dealerships and Showrooms will have until 9:00 p.m. EST Monday, May 1st, 2023, to submit applications for vehicles ordered, purchased or leased on or before April 17th, 2023.

Please see the BPU Press Release [here]

Currently, no additional funds are anticipated for FY 23. However, we will keep you updated on information regarding FY 24 funding for Charge Up New Jersey as directed by the NJ Board of Public Utilities.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact CSE at [email protected] or call 877-426-2474.

The important catch: "purchased or leased on or before April 17th, 2023." We will not be eligible after April 17th. Donno we can claim thru our Tax next year?

The important catch: "purchased or leased on or before April 17th, 2023." We will not be eligible after April 17th. Donno we can claim thru our Tax next year?
Ordered, purchased or Leased ... implies Ordered OR Purchased or leased before April 17th should qualify - IMO; if it said Ordered AND Purchased or Leased that would be different.
Anybody inquire if dealer filling in NJ charge up forms for vehicles currently being delivered??? I couldn't get through...

Ordered, purchased or Leased ... implies Ordered OR Purchased or leased before April 17th should qualify - IMO; if it said Ordered AND Purchased or Leased that would be different.
Anybody inquire if dealer filling in NJ charge up forms for vehicles currently being delivered??? I couldn't get through...
If anyone stays near Tesla center pls check. Not hopeful of getting answer over phone