Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Americans: Would you pay for Spotify? VOTE!

Would you pay $10 monthly for Spotify?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wouldn’t pay for Spotify. Don’t use it now. Happy with slacker and tunein. Mainly use tunein. Would rather see support for iHeartRadio than another music streaming service that requires one to pay a monthly fee.
Entercom moved hundreds of stations from Tunein to Radio.com last year. It would be nice if Radio.com was an option as well.

Reactions: DukeofURL
Slacker is free streaming for life.
Why would anyone want to pay for monthly subscription...
The playlists makes it possible to listen to specific songs. This is helpful when there are two kids who want to listen to specific songs on request, or when I want to listen to songs I love. That said, I'm transitioning to using Apple Music and will let my Slacker subscription lapse at the end of the month. With all the glitches, it was worthwhile to make the switch, as well as having songs downloaded to my phone for offline availability.

Exactly...Spotify is NOT FREE...
Slacker is FREE for lifetime and NO ADS
I guess it depends how you like to consume your music. I prefer to choose what I listen to, and I've had Spotify since 2013. If you're ok with random songs that may or may not be to your taste, then slacker is just fine.
The only reason Slacker is free is because Tesla is paying the bill. At some point that contract will be up. Who knows what's gonna happen then. Tesla is a very significant portion of Slacker's revenue.

I keep repeating in these threads whenever Spotify comes up from those in the US hoping for it that it is really badly implemented in these cars.
Functionality is minimalist vs phone or PC, it locks the MCU up regularly, says cannot log in regularly (reboot required), most of the time I stick with a USB stick because Spotify is too much of a drama to use. Has been horrible since V9, can't see it ever being fixed in this V9 code.

RDoc, I did add the car as a family member so I could organise songs, albums etc from a PC, it is too hard in the car.

The only reason Slacker is free is because Tesla is paying the bill. At some point that contract will be up. Who knows what's gonna happen then.
For Model S - in 4 years after purchase. For Model 3 - 2 years. At least that's what I've been told by support, when I called about Slacker not being able to connect in my Model S after 2 year mark. They said that it was some sort of mistake and renewed my account for another 2 years. The other interesting thing they told me is that on Model 3 you will have to purchase Slacker premium. No way to buy and use Slacker Plus or free version. Not entirely sure those statements are true, since there're a bunch of people who owned Model S for more then 4 years already, and don't seem to have their service disconnected. And yes, I'm already paying for Family Plan in Spotify and would gladly use it in both of my cars if it would be available. I like to be able to pick the music I want to listen to, instead of some random selection. Or listen to the whole album. Or repeat the same song again, once in a while...

Personally, I like Slacker the best. In fact, my car was just in service for 3 weeks and had to drive my '94 Camaro. I preferred to Bluetooth Slacker to it while driving... Great channels, the DJ's are good without being too much, and the song selection is excellent. If I don't like a song, I just forward past it. That's the great part about the Tesla account... unlimited skipping.

I also pay for Tidal (not sure why, but I like the Master music sometimes), and also pay for Apple Music (my teenagers prefer it). I've tried to like both radio options, but to no avail. Years ago I paid for Deezer, Spotify, and Beats/Mog. Honestly I think for radio function, Slacker is the best. True, you cannot select your songs, but that's why I use other ones for that.

It would be best for Tesla to create an app plugin similar to Sonos whereby we could select any streaming services we prefer.