Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You ordered 9 days after me but your EDD is only 2 days after me so that’s something!
When did you complete your profile, I delayed mine by about 2 weeks to roughly 6/20 iirc.
EDDs bouncing back and forth like a Wimbledon rally. Now 8/10 - 8/30.

I completed my profile a few days later on 6/18 after I had read that an unfinished profile might delay receiving a VIN. It’s a bit confusing as I had gone forward with the Tesla Lease option but hadn’t finalized because it said I would be “unable to change my payment method” but then my sales associate said it’s no problem he can change on his end later. 🤷🏼‍♂️

EDDs bouncing back and forth like a Wimbledon rally. Now 8/10 - 8/30.

I completed my profile a few days later on 6/18 after I had read that an unfinished profile might delay receiving a VIN. It’s a bit confusing as I had gone forward with the Tesla Lease option but hadn’t finalized because it said I would be “unable to change my payment method” but then my sales associate said it’s no problem he can change on his end later. 🤷🏼‍♂️

So given I ordered 9 days before you but completed my tasks 2 days after you it will be interesting to see when we both get our vehicles.
Currently your EDD range is 10 days ahead of mine which doesn’t line up with either so I’m wondering if there is any truth to the rumor that their algorithm favors ppl who fill out the tasks quickly as those who delay are believed to be more likely to cancel their order…

(I was simply trying to decide whether to lease or buy and ultimately decided to buy)

I'm getting whiplash...

Now it's 8/7-8/27. Why does the EDD bounce around so much?
No one really knows here, Current Delivery Times thread has more than 830 pages of same questions or concerns, I hardly see anyone cancelling their orders even after waiting for more than 3 months.

Everyone is blaming Tesla's mystery algorithm, it could be even reading our conversations on this forum ;).

The suspected algorithm is taking way too many inputs already, in between Tesla holds the production line to remove lumbar support, add bioweapon defense air system(sounds like Elon is preparing us for Interstellar war) and then entire floor goes on vacation for a week, increases price overnight, missing mystery part results in containment hold and some of us put our orders on hold hoping for an upgraded headlights or 4680 cells, this algorithm must be going crazy.

My EDD has not moved much after July 1st. Order/Profile completion date: 06/24, today's EDD 8/16-9/05.

Mostly because I am bored, I called the nearest Tesla location and had them check to see if they can tell when I might get a VIN. Here is what I learned from the call that I thought I would share (why not):

• He said to expect delivery in Sept.
    • ordered MYP on 6/21 and EDD shows 7/24 - 8/13
      • he said, "yes, it could come earlier than Sept"
  • If Sept delivery, I asked about financing expiring:
    • he said most banks are 60 days; some are less
    • they would "refresh" finance with a credit inquiry
Very nice and professional guy and a short 2-3 minute call.