Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NRMA fast charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally! Mind you it’s not going to tell you that there’s a queue 4 deep at Mittagong or Jindabyne, but at least there’s an indication that it’s working.

Well, TBF, neither does the Tesla App/Nav. All it tells you is there a wait and and estimate of how long that wait might be, which is pure guesswork. It can’t tell you how many cars are waiting.

Reactions: B3AU
I wonder who would be queueing up for Mittagong these days, with the 12-stall supercharger (open to all EVs) at Campbell Town, the 6-stalls at Ampol Pheasants Nest, the 6-stall supercharger at Exeter, and the 4-stall Evie charger at Sutton Forest. Plus the two BP sites at Marulan!

I wonder who would be queueing up for Mittagong these days, with the 12-stall supercharger (open to all EVs) at Campbell Town, the 6-stalls at Ampol Pheasants Nest, the 6-stall supercharger at Exeter, and the 4-stall Evie charger at Sutton Forest. Plus the two BP sites at Marulan!

People who insist on getting a free charge, no matter how much time they waste doing it...

They will queue 4 deep there, and wait for hours, even with wife and kids in the car, despite the plethora of other sites now available in the Southern Highlands.

Yep - brains cease to function once the word “free” is attached. Leads to completely irrational behaviour, especially when put in context of the size of the benefit.

In the 80s I remember a servo in western Sydney on one day advertised petrol at 1c/litre as a promotional gimmick. There were queues of cars for miles, and people had driven from places like Newcastle and southern highlands. Completely absurd.

More info on the NRMA website.

You will need the My NRMA app to start charging at selected sites from 27 September, with these changes rolling out to rest of the network by the end of October.

Pricing
Pricing from 27th September 2023$/kWh
Chargers capable of up to 150kW - 0.54
Chargers capable of above 175kW - 0.59

Both the Android and Apple apps on an 8.2 version which presumably needs an update before next Wed.
(Also you can't currently login to the NRMA app unless you are a paid member)

Source page

Last edited:
I'm just doing the same thing - considering my Tesla is now out of warranty I presume their roadside assistance no longer covers me either, so the question is whether buying roadside assistance from NRMA provides the same mynrma functionality for EV charging as a bare myrma membership?

I just had a look here... Charging an electric vehicle
It looks like Olympic Park and Picton will be the first to ask for payment. I did a fast scan of the sites around Sydney and those are the only two to have the comment "From late September/early October 2023, you’ll need the My NRMA app to use and pay for charging at this site."
Also noticed all sites have status info (working or not working) listed for each unit. This may have been there previously, but I hadn't seen it before.

I'm just doing the same thing - considering my Tesla is now out of warranty I presume their roadside assistance no longer covers me either, so the question is whether buying roadside assistance from NRMA provides the same mynrma functionality for EV charging as a bare myrma membership?
If you go down to the bottom of the table showing the benefits of the membership tiers, you can see that all of the roadside membership levels include "Unlimited access to My NRMA" and "Electric vehicle charging network".

• Informative
Reactions: ZeeDoktor