Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NRMA fast charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New photo from Zeeman on Plugshare showing a BIG upgrade to NRMA Mittagong.

(Anyone recognise the charger brand)

photostudio_1702290545703.jpg

Also noticed that the NRMA has a very weird legend..
Why are many of the out of order conditions grey rather than red.

photostudio_1702290848413.jpg

More data on the units here

27kW input, up to 150kW output (can be split 75/75)

While the nearby Evie chargers will probably help reduce demand, it's a strange site imho for this style of battery supported chargers.

I'd think they are better for remote areas possibly with limited power (or even solar or generators) where you get a car every few hours on a busy day (eg. The Nullabor) but having fast charging is useful.

The existing NRMA site was used hard.. queues most days and constantly in use.
I can easily see these two new stalls being out of battery by lunchtime and charging at 27kW for the rest of the day

More data on the units here

27kW input, up to 150kW output (can be split 75/75)

While the nearby Evie chargers will probably help reduce demand, it's a strange site imho for this style of battery supported chargers.

I'd think they are better for remote areas possibly with limited power (or even solar or generators) where you get a car every few hours on a busy day (eg. The Nullabor) but having fast charging is useful.

The existing NRMA site was used hard.. queues most days and constantly in use.
I can easily see these two new stalls being out of battery by lunchtime and charging at 27kW for the rest of the day
Wonder if it might also be a trial of sorts where it is still in close enough proximity before they roll out remote low grid connected ones.

The Test entries on the NRMA have been renamed and it's still Green.

But no recent check-ins on Plugshare or NRMA comment so YMMV.

photostudio_1702858750203.jpg

From clicking round the maps all sites now seem to be showing that billing is activated, including Picton.

A few Out of Order sites (Jugiong, Narrandera, Coonamble, Tenterfield) still list Free but suspect that will change as they come back to service.

Last edited:
From clicking round the maps all sites now seem to be showing that billing is activated, including Picton.
Lithgow still has one of the two chargers out of action (for weeks now) and still seems to be free despite the site now appearing in the NRMA App. There are one or two commercial AirB&B vehicles which use this quite a bit, I suspect because it is free. Bring on the billing!!!!!!!!!

The Young NSW NRMA Tritium 50kW was a lifesaver

I drove from Sydney to Young over the weekend to pick up 30kg cherries
Charged at Exeter SC with a view to charging at Yass SC on the return the same day

I had planned on 5% arrival SoC at Yass
However it was a very hot day and significant headwind - the Canberra Wind farms were all spinning, so I arrived at Young with not enough to get back to Yass (-2% SoC was the prediction).
Sure I could have done a TeslaBjorn (YT) and I believe I had an accurate BMS estimation (Car only 10,000 km and I charge to a variety of SoC), and could have done an 80km/hr drive relying on the "below zero reserve"

However I was able to charge at the NRMA tritium charger.
There was a bloke charging when I got there who said it is temperamental
However my charging session was actually good. No temperamental Tritium. Lucky the Tritium worked.
Otherwise I would have needed to ask the Cherries roadside for a lend of some electrons. I think Cowra and Boorowa would have been within reach

The Young NSW NRMA Tritium 50kW was a lifesaver

I drove from Sydney to Young over the weekend to pick up 30kg cherries
Charged at Exeter SC with a view to charging at Yass SC on the return the same day

I had planned on 5% arrival SoC at Yass
However it was a very hot day and significant headwind - the Canberra Wind farms were all spinning, so I arrived at Young with not enough to get back to Yass (-2% SoC was the prediction).
Sure I could have done a TeslaBjorn (YT) and I believe I had an accurate BMS estimation (Car only 10,000 km and I charge to a variety of SoC), and could have done an 80km/hr drive relying on the "below zero reserve"

However I was able to charge at the NRMA tritium charger.
There was a bloke charging when I got there who said it is temperamental
However my charging session was actually good. No temperamental Tritium. Lucky the Tritium worked.
Otherwise I would have needed to ask the Cherries roadside for a lend of some electrons. I think Cowra and Boorowa would have been within reach
Is the moral of the story to always leave 10% buffer?

Reactions: Blue heaven
The Young NSW NRMA Tritium 50kW was a lifesaver. There was a bloke charging when I got there who said it is temperamental

I’ve used that charger once and it is a bit temperamental, many such reports on PlugShare. When I plugged in, it charged for a few minutes then the station faulted. Luckily we had not walked too far away. I had to disconnect, re-holster, then start a new session. Second time it worked to completion.