Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NRMA fast charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like NRMA is making gradual moves towards Chargefox (hip hip hooray).

Seemingly a small trial of selected users and possibly selected sites (Picton only one mentioned) to activate a charge using a Chargefox registered RFID.

(Interesting to see Neerav now writing for techAU)

Reactions: Craig 128 and cafz
Looks like NRMA is making gradual moves towards Chargefox (hip hip hooray).

Seemingly a small trial of selected users and possibly selected sites (Picton only one mentioned) to activate a charge using a Chargefox registered RFID.
Was posted on LinkedIn yesterday by Carly Irving-Dolan  (Chief Executive Officer, Energy and Infrastructure)

Proud to share that The NRMA and Chargefox are collaborating on a trial for a roaming option. Our dedicated teams are working to seamlessly integrate chargefox customers with registered RFID cards and NRMA chargers. The initial trial focuses on perfecting RFID card usage, with future plans to incorporate the Chargefox app.

Our goal is to ensure that, post-trial, Chargefox customers can effortlessly utilise NRMA chargers via their existing RFID or Chargefox app.

The NRMA app has the options to use as an ev customer only for your charging experience or as an NRMA member or sign up and become a member

The NRMA members will have the opportunity to enjoy discounts on EV charging and a plethora of Australia wide benefits.

We're dedicated to offering a wide array of choices for our valued customers and members. ⚡

And he incorrectly claimed in this article that “you only need to carry one RFID card, not a Chargefox card, Evie card, Exploren card etc”.

Evie cards work on Chargefox, but Chargefox or other cards do not work on Evie. Evie has a sticker on their readers saying “Evie RFID cards only”.
My Chargefox card works fine on Evie stations.

The card does little more than announce its serial number when it comes close to the reader. It doesn't announce the logo on the front. If you enter the serial number in-app, and there's no duplicate, it should just work.

I have 3 RFID cards. Well, 2, I lost my Chargefox one. I have my Evie card in my wallet and my old ACTEWAGL card in the centre console. I added all 3 serial numbers in both apps and use them interchangeably.

I imagine the only reason that sticker is on the reader is because people might confuse it for a Paypass/Paywave reader, and then complain that it doesn't work.

Some more sites under construction as shared on LinkedIn Carly Irving-Dolan on LinkedIn: #nrmaenergy

Excitement is high as we expand our ev charging sites across NSW, SA, WA, and the NT, soon to reach QLD and Victoria.

Building a connected network for Australia means drivers can move freely, knowing they have reliable charging options.

Grateful for the collaboration with local communities, businesses, and government entities – a journey marked by success and valuable challenges.

Western Australia

Ellenbrook HomeCo
Butler HomeCo
Joondalup HomeCo

South Australia

Nuriootpa
Berri
K-Park Playhouse lane
Customs House
Moana Heights
Gawler

Northern Territory

Alice
Katherine
Tennant Creek

NSW
Cabarita
Some of these aren't on PlugShare yet - eg I have no idea where the Cabarita NSW site is?

And some of these may be expansions/upgrades of existing sites - eg Berri (Ahern St Parking | Berri, SA | EV Station)
Hi all, This location will be offline from the 8th Jan 2024 for at least 4 weeks due to upgrades. Please check the status of nearby chargers when planning your route. We are sorry for the inconvenience

This site will be upgraded to include two 150 kW chargers providing concurrent charging across four charging bays.

Last edited:
Could they mean Cabarita Beach in Northern NSW? #### yep, found it NRMA Bogangar Coming Soon (Coming Soon) | Bogangar, NSW | EV Station
NSW has many duplicate place names.

There are 3 Balmorals - Mosman, Buxton and Rathmines. But they expanded Mosman to encompass one of them to reduce misdirected mail.

There are 5 Back Creeks, 2 Black Creeks, 3 Bakers Creeks, 2 Cabbage Tree Islands and 2 Cedar Creeks.

There are 2 Barrys, 2 Carringtons, 2 Colos and 2 Dalwoods. The list goes on and on.

• Informative
Reactions: Vostok
And is there any better place name in Australia than “Nuriootpa”. I guess Wooloomooloo is up there…
You missed the first double L. It’s Woolloomooloo.
The way I remember it is it’s all doubles until the M then it’s singles except for the Double O’s. “Double U, Double O, Double L, Double O, M, Double O, L, Double O.” 🤔

• Funny
Reactions: Zinzilla and B3AU
You missed the first double L. It’s Woolloomooloo.
The way I remember it is it’s all doubles until the M then it’s singles except for the Double O’s. “Double U, Double O, Double L, Double O, M, Double O, L, Double O.” 🤔
Sheep | Toilet | Cow | Toilet

Even street art for it!