Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy, including Intelligent and go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Energy suppliers are due to contact customers shortly about the impact on expected October rates, including fixed and possibly option to switch to standard variable without penalty.
Point 15 has been updated. It is looking like ‘all’ fixed tariffs will get the discount which suggests all go, go faster and IO will be reduced to below the price cap. That’s astonishing.

1662749432417.png

If I get 30% off, my rates will become 3.5p/10.91p; I really can't see that happening. I won't speculate anymore, and will wait until I hear from Octopus.
You would be one of very very few in the UK in that position. I wouldn’t put it past a blanket discount, a small few people will have extreme low rates, but it will be easier managed.

I’m so confused. I’ve just moved my tariff to Octopus Go and according to the app pay the following: 37.65p (dynamic unit charge) and between 4.30am thru to 00.30 I pay 40.13pkwh. Before I fixed there was a period of very low pkwh between 00.30 thru to 4.30am. That’s now disappeared. Have Octopus already factored in the changes? And more importantly is this good as I’m fixed for 1 year?!

I’m so confused. I’ve just moved my tariff to Octopus Go and according to the app pay the following: 37.65p (dynamic unit charge) and between 4.30am thru to 00.30 I pay 40.13pkwh. Before I fixed there was a period of very low pkwh between 00.30 thru to 4.30am. That’s now disappeared. Have Octopus already factored in the changes? And more importantly is this good as I’m fixed for 1 year?!
That box is confusing. The 37p is the standing charge. The “dynamic rate” means the 40p/7.5p rate. You have the correct rate, don’t worry.

Reactions: Tes1aFanBoy
It does look like that on the app, login to the website and you will see the off peak rate, it doesn’t show in the app

App
263D9AED-FC38-4391-9272-320FF8D9BC48.png

Website
CBF48DB6-0D10-42BB-B98F-532385DE1FAB.png

Standard form response from Octopus this morning. Can’t see any firm details before monday

“Hi Robbie, the support package is very welcome news. As it's just recently been announced and we don't have full details yet, we're still working out what our own prices will be and how this will impact each tariff. We'll contact everyone when we know more”

Reactions: MattM76

I could well be wrong but I read this as if you are on a fixed tariff at a higher rate than the 52p original ofgem cap as of 1st October your tariff will be reduced by 17p. This makes sense to me as it would bring a 52p fixed tariff down to around 34p which is the new capped rate per kWh For a standard variable tariff. As the Octopus Go tariff is 40ish p peak rate (ie below 52p I’m not sure how that would be affected?

It does look like that on the app, login to the website and you will see the off peak rate, it doesn’t show in the app

App
View attachment 850956

Website
View attachment 850957
Haha I nearly posted this question myself yesterday evening, and then found the same answer that the site shows the cheap rate, unlike the app (I wasn’t too worried as the app states the day rate against the expected hours, which definitely indicates getting the expected tariff, but still an annoying glitch in the app currently).
Cheers!