Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy, including Intelligent and go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes,
Agile prices went negative last night and zero the night before. I’m guessing due to the excessive wind we’ve been having. Anyone been looking at it?
Yes, the spot price of electricity early hours of this morning was around £-75/MWh, which was quite refreshing to see again.
Won’t last long and it seems we’re selling quite a chunk of our wind power to France.
Odd times indeed!

I was looking at the prices yesterday and spotted that so added the Agile tariff to the octopus compare app. It says my average kwH cost for the past month would have been .1006p on agile, saving about £215 against the IO tariff. I did look at agile yesterday and they have stopped new sign-ups and with the cap being £1 per kwH it's quite a risk!

I'll be interested to see what the average kwH will be for today when the negative rates from this early morning come into the comparison.

I was looking at the prices yesterday and spotted that so added the Agile tariff to the octopus compare app. It says my average kwH cost for the past month would have been .1006p on agile, saving about £215 against the IO tariff. I did look at agile yesterday and they have stopped new sign-ups and with the cap being £1 per kwH it's quite a risk!

I'll be interested to see what the average kwH will be for today when the negative rates from this early morning come into the comparison.
Depending on your mileage and if you can't load shift with a battery, there are probably quite a few tariffs you would be better off on rather than IO.

Depending on your mileage and if you can't load shift with a battery, there are probably quite a few tariffs you would be better off on rather than IO.
IO is doing okay for me at the moment, the average unit cost is .28p, so under the price cap. I've load-shifted some things, probably a few more things that could be done but an 850-litre coral reef in the house probably doesn't help!

Ok so IO hadn’t controlled my charges for a few days now. If I disconnect the car from the Octopus account and re connect will I stay on the same tariff (7.5 off peak) or would I be put on the current tariff? Thanks
I did this to change my connected device from my car to my Ohme charger and the tariff was changed. I would suggest contacting customer services and procede from there.

Reactions: m3gt2
A little experiment. For the last 10 week days I've moved my demand to be on-peak to maximise savings during a possible 4pm-7pm Savings Session (by increasing my baseline). The result is I doubled my average peak time usage over that time from 0.8kWh to 1.6kWh. Whist I could easily do this long term to 'save' maybe £15 over the year my carbon footprint would be ridiculous. I'd go from putting the washing machine on when there is excess electricity to peak time fossil fuel burning. I'm becoming more carbon conscious and this doesn't sit well. National Grid and Octopus definitely wouldn't want me to do it either.

1668336453785.png

I did this to change my connected device from my car to my Ohme charger and the tariff was changed. I would suggest contacting customer services and procede from there.
Agree. I hit the ‘disconnect’ button in error, instead of the ‘reconnect’ button. The solution was to repeat the on-boarding journey as if I were never on IO. However, by calling customer services first they made sure I stayed on the original tariff and not the current one.

And the results are in! Who did best?

Mine: “So far you've earned 8,248 OctoPoints (or £10.31) over 1 Saving Session” and “You saved 98% in the last session

(that’s with deliberately transferring usual household load to 13:00–16:00 on the 15th, per my earlier message)

1668845987485.png

17:00–17:30 = 0.047 kWh
17:30–18:00 = 0.060 kWh

Last edited: