Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for your reply, James.

I've got this in my Tessie setup, but I only needed it yesterday as a one-off. I can't see how to cancel it from triggering daily UFN. I don't have any automations set. Scheduled Charging is not enabled.
View attachment 883711View attachment 883712
View attachment 883713

In a few days I'll have another need for a one-off 'charge to 100% by XX o'clock'. Presumably I can try creating a one-off automation for that?
Set Scheduled Departure to 8:30 AM and enable preconditioning or off-peak charging, then set the charge limit to 100%. There's no way to tell Scheduled Departure to only work for one day, so just turn it off the next day.

FYI, the car configures Scheduled Departure and Scheduled Charging based on your current location. A little hidden trick Tesla has that can also make things confusing if you're looking at when not at home. :)

Thanks, James. Is turning Scheduled Departure off as simple as untoggling both Climate / Preconditioning AND Off-Peak Charging?
if you don’t want a precondition, turn off preconditioning. You can still retain off-peak charging if you want to without preconditioning.

If you don’t want off-peak charging, turn off off-peak charging too.

Then decide whether you want a scheduled start time for charging or not using scheduled charging.

Scheduled Charging Comparison - Help Center - Tessie helps a lot to compare the three basic charging modes available to the Tessie-attached vehicle.

Hi James. Is there anything you could do in the watch app to help avoid phone-left-in-the-car problems, please?

Twice so far I’ve gotten out the Tesla and forgotten my phone. This was a minor irritation in my old car but it’s more of a problem when the phone is also the car key!

The underlying problem here is that I’m an idiot, but if there’s anything you can do to help that’d be excellent. Could the watch detect that you’ve lost Bluetooth connection to the phone shortly after the car became parked and alert or something?

Hi James. Is there anything you could do in the watch app to help avoid phone-left-in-the-car problems, please?

Twice so far I’ve gotten out the Tesla and forgotten my phone. This was a minor irritation in my old car but it’s more of a problem when the phone is also the car key!

The underlying problem here is that I’m an idiot, but if there’s anything you can do to help that’d be excellent. Could the watch detect that you’ve lost Bluetooth connection to the phone shortly after the car became parked and alert or something?
Interesting. Let me think on it.

Reactions: Mullermn
I'm sure this is just me, but does "view idle in progress..." mean anything? I know it will give me the GPS location. I think it's the constantly spinning 3 dots that throw me - it's like it's "trying to do more", like a task in process. My normal reaction is to wait for the next message - but I'm not sure there is one. Typically in UI's folks will animate something while waiting for a relatively long transaction, then say "done" or whatever.

Does View Idle ever complete?

Screenshot_20221215-164715.jpg

I'm sure this is just me, but does "view idle in progress..." mean anything? I know it will give me the GPS location. I think it's the constantly spinning 3 dots that throw me - it's like it's "trying to do more", like a task in process. My normal reaction is to wait for the next message - but I'm not sure there is one. Typically in UI's folks will animate something while waiting for a relatively long transaction, then say "done" or whatever.

Does View Idle ever complete?

View attachment 885456
A task in process is a really good analogy. Live activity is in progress that's actively being recorded and analyzed, which is why it uses the moving dots to indicate that.

It finishes when the car is done idling - moves or gets plugged in.

Reactions: KArnold
Question regarding access. We have two vehicles in our household and I have a paid account. Am I understanding correctly that my partner will need another paid account in order to access Tessie?
Nope, family sharing is included. Just sign in to your account on their device.

If the cars are on multiple Tesla accounts, have them add your Tesla account email as a driver on their car, and both cars will appear.

Reactions: Adopado and JssonB
I accidentally paid for both TeslaFi and Tessie, but ultimately plan on using a single service. During the past year I've been using both to see which one works best. I've been trying to put a finger on why I like TeslaFi more, and I think it's the daily dashboard view.

For example, Tessie's dashboard feels like a wasted page. In order to see anything that I find useful, I need to click. I really like how TeslaFi shows me daily trips. I also like how each individual trip shows the map snapshot, there's a battery state over time annotated with events, and a cost/cost savings per trip. Ideally, a user could customize their home dashboard.

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 11.44.17.png

Something like this.
Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 12.05.59.png

I accidentally paid for both TeslaFi and Tessie, but ultimately plan on using a single service. During the past year I've been using both to see which one works best. I've been trying to put a finger on why I like TeslaFi more, and I think it's the daily dashboard view.

For example, Tessie's dashboard feels like a wasted page. In order to see anything that I find useful, I need to click. I really like how TeslaFi shows me daily trips. I also like how each individual trip shows the map snapshot, there's a battery state over time annotated with events, and a cost/cost savings per trip. Ideally, a user could customize their home dashboard.

Something like this.
The Live Status page is to show you the state of the car, e.g. where it is. A data-oriented dashboard page like this is in the works!

As Tessie continues to build out the platform, robustness of the mobile and watch apps have been taking priority since that's where most of us spend most of our time in the real-world, but rest assured, the website will be stunningly good as well.

Reactions: JssonB
The Live Status page is to show you the state of the car, e.g. where it is. A data-oriented dashboard page like this is in the works!

As Tessie continues to build out the platform, robustness of the mobile and watch apps have been taking priority since that's where most of us spend most of our time in the real-world, but rest assured, the website will be stunningly good as well.

Makes sense. I actually don't use the mobile app for anything. Look forward to what you have in store.

Seems that with the latest Tesla Holiday update, drives aren't syncing to my Tessie app anymore. Basically I'm not seeing the drives the next two days after updating the car's software. Same thing with charging data as well. Weird.
Sounds a lot like a firmware bug. Try restarting the car by holding down both scroll wheel buttons until the screen turns off. Send your account email to [email protected] and I can verify.