Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is excellent information @jkirkwood001!
I completely understand what you're saying. I've actually never used your calculator before. I've been using CIBC's car payment estimator for the last year or so in preparation for this.

A worst case scenario being to downgrade to a used care is not bad at all. I've never owned a new car. Currently driving a 14' Santa Fe Limited that I bought for $35k cash to avoid the ridiculous 6% interest rate.

You're right, your estimate is nearly spot on. It's actually been appraised at $16,000 by Hyundai but I'm assuming Tesla will offer less so all of my numbers I've run with a valuation of $14,000. If it was any less I would have sold it to Hyundai and added the $16,000 to the $4200 down payment.

Would you say a refinance with the full payment of the car included within would be the "safest" option. My mortgage is VERY little in comparison to many friends and family I know. I'm currently paying sub $900 a month for my mortgage. Even if it went up by $300 (as estimated) or more, id be comfortable with that.

Ultimately, I still think I'd wait for a Federal incentive. It's bound to come to fruition and I don't NEED a car. I have 100K KM on it and have warranty to 180,000 KM. The car has been rock solid and in 4 years I've only done oil changes, tires once and brakes once.

Excellent! Good luck, @BKR1986. Sounds like you have a good balance of prudence and joy-of-living :)

Yes, I have read my order agreement more times than I care to admit. But the point is, the cancellation policy speaks to dealerships ordering cars from manufacturers. Is there some order book sitting at the Tesla dealer showing orders from the dealership to Tesla USA prior to July 11? The cancellation policy doesn't care if consumers placed orders or not, it only talks about dealerships ordering cars.

And if there is a sticking point, that’s where it would be; Tesla Canada would have to - in some capacity - ‘order’ the cars from their parent company...but how does that process work exactly? Given that they are two separate companies, wouldn’t that constitute an ‘order’? I really don’t know.

I've been following this thread faithfully since about page 80.

1. Why does anyone here give @adaptabl the time of day? I'm getting bored of people questioning his trolling. Who cares!! I agree that he's trolling, but how does a Dislike change your life? Give a child attention and they keep doing what they're doing.

2. I'm very thankful to many of you for your helpful information. It has helped me learn a bit more about politics, financing, total cost of ownership, as well as helping me plan out my situation.

Unfortunately, I'm now on hold with Tesla. The "Larger than normal call volume" has allowed me to catch up on the recent posts in here.

I ordered the LR AWD and and only kept my order this long because I was hoping that something would change. Ideal situation for me was to change it to LR RWD and get the rebate since I ordered well before July 11th. I sadly think that ship has sailed and besides, we only have 5 weeks to receive the car and I don't have a LR RWD VIN.

PS. I bet the first person to Dislike this post will be you know who...and I could care less.

Guys, Im a bit confused with the term from MTO that says:

Vehicles that have been ordered directly from an original equipment manufacturer by a consumer (i.e. direct sales, as opposed to sales through a franchised automobile dealership) but which have not been delivered, registered and plated on or before July 11th, 2018 are NOT eligible for an EHVIP incentive.”

So the order date is when we placed an order automatically on the website (that would be from manufacturer) or there is another date that becomes the official one (that would be Tesla Motors Canada ULC)?

Thats exactly where we should fight for, Tesla Motors Canada ULC only displays on the purchase agreement, that in my case was SIGNED on July 18 (7 f**ing days after), where else can I find this info so we can stand on, that even though we "placed a deposit" on the car direct through manufacturer but the order was placed through Tesla Motors Canada ULC?

Reactions: adaptabl
Guys, Im a bit confused with the term from MTO that says:

Vehicles that have been ordered directly from an original equipment manufacturer by a consumer (i.e. direct sales, as opposed to sales through a franchised automobile dealership) but which have not been delivered, registered and plated on or before July 11th, 2018 are NOT eligible for an EHVIP incentive.”

So the order date is when we placed an order automatically on the website (that would be from manufacturer) or there is another date that becomes the official one (that would be Tesla Motors Canada ULC)?

Thats exactly where we should fight for, Tesla Motors Canada ULC only displays on the purchase agreement, that in my case was SIGNED on July 18 (7 f**ing days after), where else can I find this info so we can stand on, that even though we "placed a deposit" on the car direct through manufacturer but the order was placed through Tesla Motors Canada ULC?

Can you remind me where your quote is from?

Started looking at the Fusion Energi...interesting option, no not in the same level of car as Tesla but eligible for $7000 rebate, gets 35 KM range should save a bunch of money on gas. This way might be able to get a few years out of it until model y is released

The whole reason you guys got screwed is because Ford’s dealership buddies convinced him to screw over Tesla buyers. Now you’re going to reward their behaviour by buying one of the dealers crap EVs?

What the heck is wrong with you?

The whole reason you guys got screwed is because Ford’s dealership buddies convinced him to screw over Tesla buyers. Now you’re going to reward their behaviour by buying one of the dealers crap EVs?

You do know Doug Ford and Henry Ford have no relation right?

One thing those “crap” dealers do have is communication, you call and someone picks up, if something changes with an order or service you’re made aware right away. If the order price changes by $14,000 they let you know.

Again not perfect, not as nice as Tesla but in the meantime a very decent alternative

And these are the “Tesla people” that have turned me off during this experience, I know wot of Tesla owners are great but attacks like this and blind allegiance are an extreme turn off

How dare I buy a vehicle that is affordable to me and try and reduce my emissions, if I can’t buy the $65,000 Tesla I guess I should just be forced to walk everywhere

You do know Doug Ford and Henry Ford have no relation right?

One thing those “crap” dealers do have is communication, you call and someone picks up, if something changes with an order or service you’re made aware right away. If the order price changes by $14,000 they let you know.

Again not perfect, not as nice as Tesla but in the meantime a very decent alternative

And these are the “Tesla people” that have turned me off during this experience, I know wot of Tesla owners are great but attacks like this and blind allegiance are an extreme turn off

Nobody is saying that Doug Ford is related to Henry Ford. People are, rightfully, pointing out that they cancelled the program in a way that benefits traditional car dealerships twice over. First, they are ensuring that car dealerships have minimal financial strain from having to deal with cancelled orders. Second, going forward without this program in place fewer Teslas are going to get sold in Canada for the next year or so, until the more affordable models hit the market. (If that ever happens.)