Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon waiting room 2021 Y orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a MYLR in October but switched it to an MYP red/black, no FSD, no hitch Jan 5th.

My SW updated during this first week to v11. I like v11 but maybe I don’t know what I’m missing.

The acceleration is insane, charging has been simple. I’m getting the hang of TACC and lane centering. I am an optimist wrt Tesla’s AI and future acceleration of FSD, and hope to see some of that improvement come back to the standard autopilot. If not, I know the vision tech is in its infancy and if I end up obsolete I’m prepared for it.

Did I say I’m loving the car so far? 😁😁😁

I hope you get yours soon!
Cool!! Good decision of switching to MYP I guess. At one point thought of doing it but just left it as is...I had a M3 before so i know the excitement surrounding it. Enjoy the thrill!!

Reactions: Brendazzle
Has anyone here received a VIN recently? Declined a VIN on 01/26/2022 because I was out of state and got put back in the queue, with EDD shifting from [02/01 - 03/07] to [02/07 - 03/07] to [02/12 - 03/07]. No VIN issued yet
Haven't received a VIN yet, OD 7/18/2021. My EDD is May 14 -June 11, Checked with Tesla rep and they say you should be assigned a VIN mid February but they said the same thing back in January too.

Haven't received a VIN yet, OD 7/18/2021. My EDD is May 14 -June 11, Checked with Tesla rep and they say you should be assigned a VIN mid February but they said the same thing back in January too.
Dang, fingers crossed for you! I'm guessing your order is for a MYLR? I've got a MYP and they said end of Feb to mid March but I'm remaining hopeful. Prior to that I when I got the VIN assigned the rep called me and told me the car was on the lot and that I had 3 days to pick up, but I was in san diego already. My best guess is that it was a reject and I got assigned it because I went from having no VIN to VIN and pick up in 3 days or gtfo hahah

Dang, fingers crossed for you! I'm guessing your order is for a MYLR? I've got a MYP and they said end of Feb to mid March but I'm remaining hopeful. Prior to that I when I got the VIN assigned the rep called me and told me the car was on the lot and that I had 3 days to pick up, but I was in san diego already. My best guess is that it was a reject and I got assigned it because I went from having no VIN to VIN and pick up in 3 days or gtfo hahah
Thanks...yeah mine is a MYLR...today the EDD got pushed out by another 3 weeks...don't know how they prioritize deliveries especially for someone who ordered back in July of last year...i didn't even make any config changes except the color and that too was just couple of weeks after making the reservation...good you didn't pick it up as it most likely was a reject..

A similar thing happened to me in August. I ordered in May. It turned out that sometimes they send cars to a holding lot in California until they can get on a truck, instead of shipping straight from the factory. When that happens, sometimes the delivery destination gets temporarily changed in one of their systems (apparently there are two or three).

Here's what I suggest you or your parents do. Get in touch with the delivery team at the Macadam Tesla showroom. They have access to more detailed tracking and can also "ping" the logistics team in Fremont, CA. You can get in touch with Macadam delivery department by asking the phone tree people to connect you or by going in person to Macadam.

I hope this helps. Keep us posted.
I should have replied sooner, but I'm pretty lazy. Anyway my parents went to Macadam delivery center and spoke with a very nice helpful gentlemen on December 17th. To make a long story short, Tesla delivered a Model Y to their driveway on December 31st (two weeks after I forwarded your helpful post to them).

Unfortunately they had gone back to Arizona two days before it got delivered. They were thinking about waiting and then driving it to Arizona, but they didn't want to deal with the snow storms that were occurring at the time. And my dad couldn't take anymore of our weather, so he couldn't wait to get out of here.

I checked it out and drove it about 15 miles and put it away in the garage for them. I didn't find any major issues with it. The frunk latching seemed to have some kind of issue. It didn't function exactly like my MS. It didn't latch all the way down without unlocking it, and then opening and kind of resetting it, and trying again(this happened twice). Nothing a ranger couldn't fix, if an over the air update hasn't fixed it by the time they come back, if it's not just user error. Everything looked perfect. I looked over every nook and cranny and exterior panels, wheels, doors, etc. My mom's going to absolutely love this thing(she's 80). Thank you @Funkyjuju

My Model Y performance will be delivered in 3 days, white, black, no FSD, VIN starts with NF384, should be AMD chip. This car was supposed to arrive before Christmas, but now things have changed and I don't want it anymore. Does anyone want it, message me, thanks!

So just picked up my MYP yesterday. Thanks @BigWhale for your help. Has anyone gotten unusual rudeness from Tesla Macadam? The sales and delivery team were honestly complete a-holes. They didn’t even bother to wash the car for delivery.
Yes totally agree with this statement. My SA has been very nice and sympathetic, but the one time I called Mcadam they were pretty horrible. Fully expecting they will be taking a dump in my ride when I pick it up to be honest...